We're ALL wrong.

Why do people feel they are less of a person to be proven wrong? I am pretty stuborn in my beliefs but when I am proven beyond a doubt to be wrong it doesn't LESSEN me it helps me grow and learn. I just want to be debated with FACTS and either PROVE my point or be PROVEN wrong.

Sometimes........we are all wrong sometimes.

I can point to 3 or 4 posts of mine in my short time here where i've said "Shoot i'm wrong"

Why do people feel they are less of a person to be proven wrong? I am pretty stuborn in my beliefs but when I am proven beyond a doubt to be wrong it doesn't LESSEN me it helps me grow and learn. I just want to be debated with FACTS and either PROVE my point or be PROVEN wrong.

I was wrong.
Once.
It's when I thought I was wrong, and I wasn't.

A lot of people drive on the messageboard freeways with overinflated egos. It makes for a driving hazard.

Facts opinions some just can't tell the difference.

My ego is the problem. A fact can stand by itself, it doesn't matter if I believe it or not, there it is, for all the world to see. If I claim something to be a fact and someone says, "well no, as a matter of fact this is actually the case..." then I'm factually wrong. Okay, I can man up on that one. But if I have an opinion and someone proves my opinion to be based on false claims or just complete bullshit then I take it bloody hard :redface:

Unfortunately, nobody who makes a message board career out of toeing the party line can afford to admit that they're ever wrong.
Very good observation. That might just be one of those indications and warnings that one is dealing with some sort of partisan keyboard warrior/talking point propagator rather than one who is interested in honest discussion and exchange of ideas.

Last edited:
Facts opinions some just can't tell the difference.

My ego is the problem. A fact can stand by itself, it doesn't matter if I believe it or not, there it is, for all the world to see. If I claim something to be a fact and someone says, "well no, as a matter of fact this is actually the case..." then I'm factually wrong. Okay, I can man up on that one. But if I have an opinion and someone proves my opinion to be based on false claims or just complete bullshit then I take it bloody hard :redface:

oh BULL--I don't buy that for a second :lol:

Forum List

Back