"We're All Africans, Really"

It's absurd to think we all come from Africa. How did people get to the various Pacific Islands like Tahiti from Africa?
out rigger canoes
I don't buy it. African cavemen hopped in a canoe and headed out 1000s of miles in the ocean with no maps to get them to islands they never knew about?

Outrigger canoe - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Outrigger canoes were originally developed by the Austronesian-speaking peoples of the islands of Southeast Asia for sea travel. They were used to transport these peoples both eastward toPolynesia and New Zealand and westward across the Indian Ocean as far as Madagascar during the Austronesian migration period. While today they can be found in East Africa (e.g. the ungalawa ofTanzania), the Austronesian peoples (Filipino, Malay, Micronesian, Melanesian and Polynesian peoples) continue to be the primary users of the outrigger canoes also it became very popular in Puerto Rico.

Outrigger fishing canoes are also used among certain non-Austronesian groups, such as the Sinhala in Sri Lanka, where they are known as oruwa,[1] as well as among some groups in the Andaman and Nicobar Islands.[2] The ethnological significance of this spread has been studied by James Hornell.

When Magellan's ships first encountered the Chamorros of the Mariana Islands in 1521, Antonio Pigafetta recorded that the Chamorros' sailboats far surpassed Magellan's in speed and maneuverability.

Migraciones_austronesias.png
Okay, so the people of Southeast Asia who were spontaneously created when a couple of non-organic molecules smashed together and created life like it did in Africa 1000s of miles away, built boats and sailed to Tahiti without women aboard and populated the island with the women they found there.
:)

Last straw. You're now on my "too stupid to converse with" list. Which automatically puts you on my "fodder for ridicule" list. :eusa_angel:

It's absurd to think we all come from Africa. How did people get to the various Pacific Islands like Tahiti from Africa?
out rigger canoes
I don't buy it. African cavemen hopped in a canoe and headed out 1000s of miles in the ocean with no maps to get them to islands they never knew about?

Outrigger canoes were originally developed by the Austronesian-speaking peoples of the islands of Southeast Asia for sea travel. They were used to transport these peoples both eastward toPolynesia and New Zealand and westward across the Indian Ocean as far as Madagascar during the Austronesian migration period. While today they can be found in East Africa (e.g. the ungalawa ofTanzania), the Austronesian peoples (Filipino, Malay, Micronesian, Melanesian and Polynesian peoples) continue to be the primary users of the outrigger canoes also it became very popular in Puerto Rico.

Outrigger fishing canoes are also used among certain non-Austronesian groups, such as the Sinhala in Sri Lanka, where they are known as oruwa,[1] as well as among some groups in the Andaman and Nicobar Islands.[2] The ethnological significance of this spread has been studied by James Hornell.

When Magellan's ships first encountered the Chamorros of the Mariana Islands in 1521, Antonio Pigafetta recorded that the Chamorros' sailboats far surpassed Magellan's in speed and maneuverability.

Okay, so the people of Southeast Asia who were spontaneously created when a couple of non-organic molecules smashed together and created life like it did in Africa 1000s of miles away, built boats and sailed to Tahiti without women aboard and populated the island with the women they found there.

Last straw. You're now on my "too stupid to converse with" list. Which automatically puts you on my "fodder for ridicule" list. :eusa_angel:

He isnt stupid. He just works from a different set of assumptions than you do.

You think that makes him stupid?

I've met a man with 4 phds, one from an Ivy League school, way back in the late 70s and he believed that the Earth was literally less than 10,000 years old. He believed that the omnipotent and omniscient Creator had made the universe not only in an instant, but also with characteristics of being older that we misinterpret, sort of like Adam having a navel, as any proper human would, but never having been born.

I was a Young Earth Creationist myself at the time and found it unsettling to think that God would fake evidence of an older process just for completeness. So I began to re-evaluate my Creationist beliefs and now I am an old Earth Creationist, or a theistic Evolutionist, take your pick.

Most would say I am not stupid, though some have. There are people who are bookishly intelligent who cannot respect differing opinions and naturally dismiss such people as morons. They are over-educated idiots.

There's no doubt all humans have an African origin. Whether that lineage is traced back 500,000 yrs. ago to archaic humans or to a recent 50,000 yr. ago migration out of Africa I believe is not proven yet
Have you read the Sahara Pump Theory?

Sahara pump theory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A little deep but interesting. That pump event at 12,500 B.C. might help explain a theory I read about the Egyptian megalithic culture originating in the Sahara region which sounded doubtful for climate reasons. And the link to Homo heidelbergensis gives it more importance as a Homo ancestor than I've heard before, suggesting Neanderthals, Denisovans and Sapien Sapiens are all descendents.

Yeah, so when the Sahara Desert region was in its green phase,which lasted for thousands of years, the human population would build up then go through a crisis as the weather patterns changed and began pushing them out of the region.

Many of course would just go further South, but some went East to the Red sea and live off crustaceans there for a while then migrated up to the Sinai and some went up the Nile once it was flowing all the way north again.

And so every twentyish thousand years or so, humanity would get pumped into Asia and Europe and the gene pools would do a heterosis up breeding of the population introducing 'hybrid vigor' to the human race.

Two lumberjacks are arguing who cut more wood.

One says: "When I was young I clear cut at least five acres every day".

The other one says: "When I was working in the Sahara Forest I cut down a Hell of a lot more than that!"

The other guy says: "Idiot! The Sahara is a desert!"

To which the first guy replies: "IT IS NOW!"

out rigger canoes

He isnt stupid. He just works from a different set of assumptions than you do.

You think that makes him stupid?

I've met a man with 4 phds, one from an Ivy League school, way back in the late 70s and he believed that the Earth was literally less than 10,000 years old. He believed that the omnipotent and omniscient Creator had made the universe not only in an instant, but also with characteristics of being older that we misinterpret, sort of like Adam having a navel, as any proper human would, but never having been born.

I was a Young Earth Creationist myself at the time and found it unsettling to think that God would fake evidence of an older process just for completeness. So I began to re-evaluate my Creationist beliefs and now I am an old Earth Creationist, or a theistic Evolutionist, take your pick.

Most would say I am not stupid, though some have. There are people who are bookishly intelligent who cannot respect differing opinions and naturally dismiss such people as morons. They are over-educated idiots.

The migration of people around the Pacific is not that difficult a concept. Especially with Jim and me both giving him timelines and maps. His ridiculing of history is what annoyed me. I'm actually sorry that I called him stupid. (mostly because this isn't the flame zone) Like they say, everybody's entitled to their own opinion but not their own facts.
Young earth creationism is really hard to justify to the point of near impossibility. Old earth creationism I think is a viable field of study. I don't know if you've run across Hugh Ross, a really knowledgeable scientific old earth creationist. He's a Caltech astrophysicist, you should look him up on YouTube. His debates with guys like Ken Ham and Kent Hovind are hugely entertaining and interesting.
Modern cosmologists are so confused about dark matter, dark energy, multiple universes, etc. we're all over the place. There are serious mathematical physicists proposing matrix like realities, infinite universes, holographic universes, you name it. It's really hard to call anybody's ideas "stupid" with all the scientific speculation going on. It wasn't that long ago I felt we were close to a complete understanding and a theory of everything. Now I know there's no way most of the problems will be solved in my lifetime. My thinking is, when it comes to the cosmos and origins and such we should all admit we "know" next to nothing.

The migration of people around the Pacific is not that difficult a concept. Especially with Jim and me both giving him timelines and maps. His ridiculing of history is what annoyed me. I'm actually sorry that I called him stupid. (mostly because this isn't the flame zone) Like they say, everybody's entitled to their own opinion but not their own facts.
Young earth creationism is really hard to justify to the point of near impossibility. Old earth creationism I think is a viable field of study. I don't know if you've run across Hugh Ross, a really knowledgeable scientific old earth creationist. He's a Caltech astrophysicist, you should look him up on YouTube. His debates with guys like Ken Ham and Kent Hovind are hugely entertaining and interesting.
Modern cosmologists are so confused about dark matter, dark energy, multiple universes, etc. we're all over the place. There are serious mathematical physicists proposing matrix like realities, infinite universes, holographic universes, you name it. It's really hard to call anybody's ideas "stupid" with all the scientific speculation going on. It wasn't that long ago I felt we were close to a complete understanding and a theory of everything. Now I know there's no way most of the problems will be solved in my lifetime. My thinking is, when it comes to the cosmos and origins and such we should all admit we "know" next to nothing.
Great response.

You said, "Young earth creationism is really hard to justify to the point of near impossibility. " but that is the whole idea behind a miraculous event, isnt it?

MY favorite theory is that I am still 33 years old, having a dream and will wake up tomorrow and go back to work. :(

Last edited:
Great response.

You said, "Young earth creationism is really hard to justify to the point of near impossibility. " but that is the whole idea behind a miraculous event, isnt it?

MY favorite theory is that I am still 33 years old, having a dream and will wake up tomorrow and go back to work. :([/QUOTE]

An addendum then...

"Miraculous events are really hard to justify to the point of near impossibility also. "

Hell, I'd go whole hog, straight to 23. On a site kicking ass and taking names!

I am not African

Damn it

I am not.....ok? cool.....whatever...

New Topics

Forum List

Back