Wendell Potter

Maybe Wendell doesn't think it's any of your business. He more than paid his dues when he blew the whistle, much like the tobacco industry insider did.

Maybe you'd like to ask Wendell some questions? You can contact him via the following:

Wendell Potter

in other words, he's not setting the example by digging into his deep pockets to help people, he's digging into ours while making money to demand that we do so.

some hero ya got there

Who says he's "digging into yours"? Somehow, I doubt you're rich.

You're already paying for the current system. The problem with the current system is that it leaves people untreated while Ed Hanaway gets a 72 Million dollar retirement package.

We are paying in the most inefficient and expensive way possible.

You can drive your car and not do any maintenance to it and just fix it when it blows up. Is that cheaper than changing the oil regularly and getting tune ups?

in other words, he's not setting the example by digging into his deep pockets to help people, he's digging into ours while making money to demand that we do so.

some hero ya got there

You're already paying for the current system. The problem with the current system is that it leaves people untreated while Ed Hanaway gets a 72 Million dollar retirement package.

You can drive your car and not do any maintenance to it and just fix it when it blows up. Is that cheaper than changing the oil regularly and getting tune ups?

Do you know anything about government insurance? Medicare is so awesome, it does this thing called rationing, some medications make you use pumps, that medicare.........doesnt pay for.....but private insurance through say Medco does. Quality will go down.

For example get rid of REGULATION that PREVENTS you from buying any insurance you want. Lets start with freedom.
I remember when they regulated local phone companies as monopolies which you had crappier, most expensive service. And hey long distance was so expensive your parents would kick your ass for using it without permission. DEREGULATION and voila, prices are so low with much, much better service.

He went back to his job.

then wrote a book and turned a profit.

made more money with speaking engagements

and now demands that the government run HC

No mention of how much money he'd donated or how many free clinics he sponsors.

Why is that?

Maybe Wendell doesn't think it's any of your business. He more than paid his dues when he blew the whistle, much like the tobacco industry insider did.

Maybe you'd like to ask Wendell some questions? You can contact him via the following:

Wendell Potter

WOW you swallow everything these guys say. It's amazing, all he has to do is blow the whistle? Are you sure it's a whistle?

LimbaughPig.jpg

Do you know anything about government insurance? Medicare is so awesome, it does this thing called rationing, some medications make you use pumps, that medicare.........doesnt pay for.....but private insurance through say Medco does. Quality will go down.

Yes, as a matter of fact I do know a thing about "government" health care. I'm a military retiree and spent 20 years with the kind of "socialized medicine" that ya'll can only dream about. I got to see a doctor or a dentist anytime I wanted to with no co-pay and no caps. It was awesome and I miss it. Now that I'm a retiree and on the regular "free market" system, I can only get a tooth fixed a year before I hit my "cap" and have to wait.

For example get rid of REGULATION that PREVENTS you from buying any insurance you want. Lets start with freedom.
I remember when they regulated local phone companies as monopolies which you had crappier, most expensive service. And hey long distance was so expensive your parents would kick your ass for using it without permission. DEREGULATION and voila, prices are so low with much, much better service.

Right, deregulating health care will work just like phone companies. Honestly...

What regulation prevents you from buying "any insurance you want"? Are you talking about buying across state lines? Bad idea...

You need to get a speech-writing job with Romney.

His fans don't care if he (actually) says anything, either.

(I'm guessin' most o' them are Snooki Palin fans.)

Last edited:
He went back to his job.

then wrote a book and turned a profit.

made more money with speaking engagements

and now demands that the government run HC

No mention of how much money he'd donated or how many free clinics he sponsors.

Why is that?

Wendell Potter

More than paid his dues eh? isnt that typical of the progressive mindset. You do your part by speaking up about issues. It's incumbant on everyone else to do the heavy lifting.

If you think "whistleblowing" (which is arguably not what he did) justifies you to take from others for your causes, then you are sadly mistaken.

Yes, as a matter of fact I do know a thing about "government" health care. I'm a military retiree and spent 20 years with the kind of "socialized medicine" that ya'll can only dream about. I got to see a doctor or a dentist anytime I wanted to with no co-pay and no caps. It was awesome and I miss it. Now that I'm a retiree and on the regular "free market" system, I can only get a tooth fixed a year before I hit my "cap" and have to wait.

Right, deregulating health care will work just like phone companies. Honestly...

What regulation prevents you from buying "any insurance you want"? Are you talking about buying across state lines? Bad idea...

So you are retired and no longer working and you're complaining that you dont get the benefits you recieved while working? Do you know how silly you sound?

Wendell Potter

some hero ya got there

Why don't you ask him? What does he owe you? Hint: Nothing.

I don't owe him or you anything either, yet here you and he are demanding my money.

CNN) – When Wendell Potter first saw them, he froze.

“It felt like touching an electrical fence,” he says. “I remember tearing up and thinking, how could this be real.”

Thousands of them had lined up under a cloudy sky in an open field. Many had camped out the night before. When their turns came, doctors treated them in animal stalls and on gurneys placed on rain-soaked sidewalks.

They were Americans who needed basic medical care. Potter had driven to the Wise County Fairgrounds in Virginia in July 2007 after reading that a group called Remote Area Medical, which flew American doctors to remote Third World villages, was hosting a free outdoor clinic.

Potter, a Cigna health care executive who ate from gold-rimmed silverware in corporate jets, says that morning was his “Road to Damascus” experience.

“It looked like a refugee camp,” Potter says. “It just hit me like a bolt of lightning. What I was doing for a living was making it necessary for people to resort to getting care in animal stalls.”

A health care 'Judas' recounts his conversion – CNN Belief Blog - CNN.com Blogs

Could you imagine how many jobs would be created to organize, record, and provide healthcare for all those people? Suddenly you would need all those unemployed people to ctreate and run this endeavor and that would create tax revenue through income tax and commerce taxes as all those poor people suddenly had good paying jobs. Some see the baby boomers as a crippling group of beneficiaries, but if it is done by the government it would also be a huge job boom.

government workers are paid by taxes, there would be no increase in tax revenues.

Forum List

Back