Welp, I'm going to fail again but I'm going to try again. Any of you on here vegetarians?

I don't know why I do this to myself, but I've thrown a few darts every few years to try and turn vegetarian. My reasons are a few, no need to get into them, primarily it's about just wanting to protect my heart and arteries.

So, any of you vegetarians? If so, any hidden foods I might like that I wouldn't think of? I can't lie, I won't be trying too hard, but, I will give it a go. If I can last 2 weeks I will be surprised.

I generally rely on veggies, peanut butter, eggs. Anything else somewhat enjoyable I might be able to rely on?

Thanks for your time.
My nutritional science instructor at Oregon State University said to be careful when someone convinces you to eliminate one of the basic food groups. However, if cancer runs in your family, increasing dark green, orange and red vegetables, and decreasing meats, animal fats, and white carbohydrates is a good thing. Unfortunately if you cut back too far on red meats, you could quickly become anemic if you don't compensate for the mineral, iron, which is vital in the formation of hemoglobin. and if you eliminate fowl, you may find it more difficult to fight off the common cold plus you could become a cheerless fellow, considering that tryptophan is the amino acid that promotes a cheerful outlook. Good luck, shockedcanadian. I hope you learn the basics of managing amino acids and minerals such as calcium, potassium, etc. However, because cancer is such a threat to modern man, you might consider spacing your week with 4 days of vegan diet with 3 days of adding meat and dairy products your body needs to keep up their end of the health bargain.

The #1 killer and cancer-promoter is sugar and some sugar substitutes that while lowering calories, can ruin your health in other ways. Remember the commercial that said "It's not nice to fool with Mother Nature" failed because later, they found out that margarine has fats that are actually dangerous to human health, and some kinds of north sea fats produce blood levels of good cholesterol (HDLs - high density lipoproteins) and lower bad cholesterol (low density lypoproteins.)

Best wishes in a kinder, wiser eating program. Probably the best thing we could do for our diets is to quit going to fast food restaurants that do not furnish fruits and berries; and dark green and pumpkin-colored vegetables for their Vitamins A, B, C, and D. B12 and B6 deficiencies can occur, and B1 is more important than you know.

30 Pizzas for Veggie Lovers

Pizza_-_Veggie_Supreme_1024x512_crop_center.jpg
Beautiful, Angelo. ;)

I don't know why I do this to myself, but I've thrown a few darts every few years to try and turn vegetarian. My reasons are a few, no need to get into them, primarily it's about just wanting to protect my heart and arteries.

So, any of you vegetarians? If so, any hidden foods I might like that I wouldn't think of? I can't lie, I won't be trying too hard, but, I will give it a go. If I can last 2 weeks I will be surprised.

I generally rely on veggies, peanut butter, eggs. Anything else somewhat enjoyable I might be able to rely on?

Thanks for your time.

Nope. I go through periods though where it seems like it and mostly in the summer when there are lots of fresh vegetables.

I'm a fan of hummus and use that regularly. Beans-lentils etc.

Thanks for your time.

Going vegetarian is more complicated than just eliminating meat from your diet. Our bodies require nutrients like proteins to build muscle and tissue, calories for energy, and vitamins and minerals for health organs. When you eliminate meat from your diet, you need to replace the nutritional elements your body was getting from the meat and that’s where it helps to consult a nutritionalist.

https://www.lutzofgreens.com/

In addition to being a vegan blogger, Meagan Duhamel is the best ad possible for her work. She is a 2-time World’s Pairs Champion figure skater, and an Gold, Silver and Bronze medal winning Olympic Figure Skater.

Always get advice from the best!

Thanks for your time.

Going vegetarian is more complicated than just eliminating meat from your diet. Our bodies require nutrients like proteins to build muscle and tissue, calories for energy, and vitamins and minerals for health organs. When you eliminate meat from your diet, you need to replace the nutritional elements your body was getting from the meat and that’s where it helps to consult a nutritionalist.

https://www.lutzofgreens.com/

In addition to being a vegan blogger, Meagan Duhamel is the best ad possible for her work. She is a 2-time World’s Pairs Champion figure skater, and an Gold, Silver and Bronze medal winning Olympic Figure Skater.

Always get advice from the best!

It doesn't matter I failed already. I decided to wait until all our current meat in the freezer is eaten. I will try and fail again at a later date!

The all or nothing approach may not be optimal. What if you did it for 3 or 4 days a week?

The all or nothing approach may not be optimal. What if you did it for 3 or 4 days a week?

Yeah, I'm planning different days for veggie dinners. You are right, weaning off meat is best, but it's tough. I have cut down my caloric intake of all food really, including meat, but I'd like to get it down to minimal, and/or nothing if possible.

Yeah, I'm planning different days for veggie dinners. You are right, weaning off meat is best, but it's tough. I have cut down my caloric intake of all food really, including meat, but I'd like to get it down to minimal, and/or nothing if possible.

I don't think I have set about on all or nothing. I just go through periods where it works out.
Mel's Black Bean and Sweet Potato Burritos Recipe - Food.com

Portobello "Philly Cheese Steak" Sandwich Recipe

Eggplant Cacciatore

One of my grandsons came home from a family party at the age of 6 and told his mother he wanted to be a vegetarian. She’s tried it and knew the correct way to do it so she agreed to his request. Plus she gave the whole idea 2 weeks tops.

My grandson starts high school this fall and he’s still a vegetarian. He’s also over 6 feet tall and is a distance runner. And he graduated public school at the top of his class.

I will never be a vegetarian as long as there’s bacon.

I'm a vegetarian by proxy. Cows are my proxy. They eat veggies, I eat cows. All works out.

Thanks for your time.

I'm vegan. I was like a lot of you here, I specifically remember saying, on a number of occasions, "I could NEVER be vegetarian or vegan" ... yet here I am, and it is the second best decision I ever made in my life.

I have a ton of reasons for being vegan, and my only regret is not doing it sooner.

It really is like a paradigm shift, an entirely new way of looking at the world.

I have a lot to say on this topic, but I am probably already pissing people off, just by what I've said already. (But you did ask.) :)

Thanks for your time.

I was a vegetarian for awhile. The doctors were amazed when I woke up.

:)

Here are a couple videos I made, if you want to try new recipes:

I'm pretty sure tofu gives you rabies.

I could be wrong.

I don't think I'd have too much trouble being a vegetarian, I don't love meat much anyway. But vegan? Not even if someone paid me a good wage to do it.

Here are a couple videos I made, if you want to try new recipes:

I'm pretty sure tofu gives you rabies.

I could be wrong.

I don't think I'd have too much trouble being a vegetarian, I don't love meat much anyway. But vegan? Not even if someone paid me a good wage to do it.

Why do you think you could never be vegan, what in particular do you think you could never give up?

As for tofu, I'm going to copy/paste a post from James Aspey's Facebook...

Tofu. So many myths, so little caption space!

Tofu is made from soy beans and is an excellent, nutrient dense source of protein that includes all essential amino acids.

It‘s rich in calcium, iron, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, potassium, vitamins B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B9, C and zinc. Omega-3 and 6 fatty acids are also present.

85% of all GMO soy beans are fed to enslaved animals that are killed for human consumption. It’s very common to find non-GMO soy products And usually says on the label.

Soy does not contain estrogen (a steroid hormone). Animal foods do. Soy contains phytoestrogens which do not give you man boobs and are not linked to increased cancer risk. Estrogen is. Estrogen is found naturally in all animal flesh and secretions, even “grass-fed” and “organic”, not only the ones injected with hormones.

Higher rates of soy intake have been associated with lower rates of breast cancer. Also, there are numerous studies disproving the myth that soy causes thyroid toxicity.

Tofu takes the flavour of anything it’s cooked with. Throw it in a curry, stir fry, pasta, on a sandwich, skewers, even just by itself is delicious. It can be chewy and firm which is my favourite way to eat it with peanut or soy sauce.

Tofu is also very cheap, found in any grocery store and a great substitute for slaughtering innocent animals and eating their body parts. Buying soy milk or ice cream is a great substitute for buying dairy which includes raping cows, stealing their milk, killing the “useless” baby boys and eventually slitting all their throats.

See, soy many benefits! ✌​

Forum List

Back