Welp, I'm going to fail again but I'm going to try again. Any of you on here vegetarians?

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
I don't know why I do this to myself, but I've thrown a few darts every few years to try and turn vegetarian. My reasons are a few, no need to get into them, primarily it's about just wanting to protect my heart and arteries.

So, any of you vegetarians? If so, any hidden foods I might like that I wouldn't think of? I can't lie, I won't be trying too hard, but, I will give it a go. If I can last 2 weeks I will be surprised.

I generally rely on veggies, peanut butter, eggs. Anything else somewhat enjoyable I might be able to rely on?

Thanks for your time.

I don't know why I do this to myself, but I've thrown a few darts every few years to try and turn vegetarian. My reasons are a few, no need to get into them, primarily it's about just wanting to protect my heart and arteries.

So, any of you vegetarians? If so, any hidden foods I might like that I wouldn't think of? I can't lie, I won't be trying too hard, but, I will give it a go. If I can last 2 weeks I will be surprised.

I generally rely on veggies, peanut butter, eggs. Anything else somewhat enjoyable I might be able to rely on?

Thanks for your time.
My daughter in a society for animals class, was in a room full of vegans all of them girls. My daughter noticed how their hair was all stringy and unhealthy, their skin conditions were deplorable, but they were all unhappy in life, because they couldn't eat meat. So I told my daughter one day to go in wearing my sons "lambskin" jacket, with a slim Jim in her mouth like a cigar, leather shoes and see what they would do. She said her classmates would beat the shit out of her, even for her 1st amendment rights. Vegans are not happy people, they do not get the proper proteins that animal flesh provides us, because not only are we herbivorous, but carnivores also. We are the top of the food chain for a reason.

Thanks for your time.
My daughter in a society for animals class, was in a room full of vegans all of them girls. My daughter noticed how their hair was all stringy and unhealthy, their skin conditions were deplorable, but they were all unhappy in life, because they couldn't eat meat. So I told my daughter one day to go in wearing my sons "lambskin" jacket, with a slim Jim in her mouth like a cigar, leather shoes and see what they would do. She said her classmates would beat the shit out of her, even for her 1st amendment rights. Vegans are not happy people, they do not get the proper proteins that animal flesh provides us, because not only are we herbivorous, but carnivores also. We are the top of the food chain for a reason.

Meh. I won't be that unhappy as I know the chances of me succeeding are similar to winning a lottery. I want to try though. Many vegetarians probably not just lack meat, but also calories. That said, I rarely see an obese vegetarian.

Thanks for your time.

Meh. I won't be that unhappy as I know the chances of me succeeding are similar to winning a lottery. I want to try though. Many vegetarians probably not just lack meat, but also calories. That said, I rarely see an obese vegetarian.
Good luck I know I couldn't do it! You do have some fairly decent plant based "meat" substitutes like Beyond Meat that wasn't around a few years ago, that might help.

Thanks for your time.

Good luck I know I couldn't do it! You do have some fairly decent plant based "meat" substitutes like Beyond Meat that wasn't around a few years ago, that might help.

Yeah, I don't know if you have Harveys, I think they are Canadian. Fairly big and well known fast food place. They make a good veggie burger, I'd like to find something like that for my once in awhile fake treat.

I <3 steak.

But if the only food I could eat was Indian food, it would be "veg."

Find a food that you like that is better vegetarian and eat a lot of that. That's what I love about Indian food.

Thanks for your time.
What ever you do, stay away from Soy proteins, they have hormones that go against your totester

Thanks for your time.

I have learned about good carbs and bad carbs, bread, rice, potatos are bad carbs, but mushrooms, zucchini , yellow squash, bell peppers are good carbs. If you can learn to eat those with 8 to 10 ounces of meat, red or white, you can lose weight and feel young again. I lost 55 pounds on that diet, it teaches you to eat for energy not for pleasure. With that said, when I watch commercials like "unlimited" Golden Corral and other obese factories, I no longer want to stuff my face. It is a new lifestyle, and it works.

Weight Loss Programs Virginia (VA) | Weight Loss Centers Maryland (MD)

Thanks for your time.
What ever you do, stay away from Soy proteins, they have hormones that go against your totester

Thanks for your time.

I have learned about good carbs and bad carbs, bread, rice, potatos are bad carbs, but mushrooms, zucchini , yellow squash, bell peppers are good carbs. If you can learn to eat those with 8 to 10 ounces of meat, red or white, you can lose weight and feel young again. I lost 55 pounds on that diet, it teaches you to eat for energy not for pleasure. With that said, when I watch commercials like "unlimited" Golden Corral and other obese factories, I no longer want to stuff my face. It is a new lifestyle, and it works.

Yeah, weight loss would be a bonus, not my primary goal. I do really like veggie wraps. I can eat those often on pita bread, all veggies or even with a boiled egg.

There are plenty of options if one gets creative. It's not too difficult to begin, it's just that every time after a couple of days, sometimes a week, my body just drives me instinctively to eat meat. Born and raised on meat and potatoes.

Thanks for your time.

Thanks for your time.

Yeah, weight loss would be a bonus, not my primary goal. I do really like veggie wraps. I can eat those often on pita bread, all veggies or even with a boiled egg.

There are plenty of options if one gets creative. It's not too difficult to begin, it's just that every time after a couple of days, sometimes a week, my body just drives me instinctively to eat meat. Born and raised on meat and potatoes.
Well, good luck to you. Just dont let it get your down. Those vegan girls were some nasty bitches. If you start sprouting tits and have a high pitched voice, go to Hardees quick for the cure..

Ashley Judd has had a vegetarian diet for many years, eating a healthy, well balanced diet. She abstains from drinking cow’s milk, replacing it with soya milk.
Reference: www.diet.co.uk/celebrity-diets/ashley-judd.html

I tried that shit for about three months. Ate no meat. Then I realized something...I am higher on the chain than the animals i eat. The animals I eat are mass produced and, though not necessarily good for me, make me happy.
Since this revelation I have expanded my animal consumption. I have eaten field rat in Thailand. I have eaten horse in Japan. I have eaten squab (pigeon) in France. I have eaten dog in Korea as well.
Meat is fantastic, it brings happiness, and also a vital source of vitamins.

Yay meat.

I tried that shit for about three months. Ate no meat. Then I realized something...I am higher on the chain than the animals i eat. The animals I eat are mass produced and, though not necessarily good for me, make me happy.
Since this revelation I have expanded my animal consumption. I have eaten field rat in Thailand. I have eaten horse in Japan. I have eaten squab (pigeon) in France. I have eaten dog in Korea as well.
Meat is fantastic, it brings happiness, and also a vital source of vitamins.

Yay meat.
Yeah, thanks for reminding me, you want your source of veggies, eat meat, they eat the veggies for you...if you know what I mean..

Thanks for your time.

I have done it in the past. I border closer to flexitarianism. It is easier to not fall off the cliff if you just generally avoid it but don't have a hard and fast rule about it. I come closer to vegetarianism in warm weather months. In the fall we do a lot of stews and such so I eat them but usually give the meat to the dog or cats for most part.

Thanks for your time.

I have done it in the past. I border closer to flexitarianism. It is easier to not fall off the cliff if you just generally avoid it but don't have a hard and fast rule about it. I come closer to vegetarianism in warm weather months. In the fall we do a lot of stews and such so I eat them but usually give the meat to the dog or cats for most part.
I do know, that most veggies when processed through the human body, provides more flatulence than meat eaters do. If you have a family around, make sure a suitable scuba outfit is available and dont stand around open flames to long.

Thanks for your time.

Thanks for your time.

Well, good luck to you. Just dont let it get your down. Those vegan girls were some nasty bitches. If you start sprouting tits and have a high pitched voice, go to Hardees quick for the cure..

Ashley Judd has had a vegetarian diet for many years, eating a healthy, well balanced diet. She abstains from drinking cow’s milk, replacing it with soya milk.
Reference: www.diet.co.uk/celebrity-diets/ashley-judd.html

Kirk and the crew know how to handle her:

(Skip to 3:30 if you feel it's dragging)

Last edited:

Thanks for your time.
So are you allowed to be a pro-life vegetarian and still eat eggs ?
hpnc_baby_chicks.jpg

I think I'm going to make myself an egg omelet. Even adding cheese is acceptable as I am not going vegan. Day one in the books.

Forum List

Back