Wells Fargo Not Ditching NRA

Pete7469

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 23, 2013
The Real World
They just secured my continued use of their services.

I've been frustrated by them in the past and have nearly closed my accounts on a couple occasions but since they rejected the threats of a communist entity I'll forgive them.

Major Teachers Union Cuts Ties With Wells Fargo for Not Ditching NRA

The American Federation of Teachers (AFT) cut its ties with Wells Fargo after the financial services giant refused to end its relationship with the NRA and firearm manufacturers.

The union, which consists of 1.7 million members nationwide, told Wells Fargo earlier this month that American teachers would no longer use the bank for mortgages if it continued to provide financial services to the NRA.

I've been frustrated by them in the past and have nearly closed my accounts on a couple occasions but since they rejected the threats of a communist entity I'll forgive them.

The American Federation of Teachers (AFT) cut its ties with Wells Fargo after the financial services giant refused to end its relationship with the NRA and firearm manufacturers.

The union, which consists of 1.7 million members nationwide, told Wells Fargo earlier this month that American teachers would no longer use the bank for mortgages if it continued to provide financial services to the NRA.
Communist entity, my, my using them big words you don't understand..wanna explain how communistic a public union is?

The SCOTUS is about to rule on union dues. Fingers crossed.

Dang, back in 2011 they opened 2 million bank and credit card accounts in customers names, without customer approval. Recently Wells Fargo was hit with a $1 billion civil penalty after finding that the company had failed to catch problems in its auto and mortgage businesses over several years, costing customers millions of dollars and even wrongfully repossessed their cars. And the union has issues with Wells Fargo not cutting ties with the NRA. What a fricken joke.

By the way Warren Buffet owns a huge chunk of Wells Fargo.

I would think the $1 billion in fines just levied against Wells Fargo would be a much better reason to consider not using their services than whether or not they have a relationship with the NRA.

Here’s what Wells Fargo did to trigger a $1 billion fine

There's also the "unprecedented" cap forced on WF because of abuses and opening accounts for people who did not ask for them:

Fed says Wells Fargo isn’t allowed to grow after wave of scandals

But if having a relationship with the NRA is a big issue for you in your bank, that's entirely up to you. :dunno:

• Banned
I would think the $1 billion in fines just levied against Wells Fargo would be a much better reason to consider not using their services than whether or not they have a relationship with the NRA.

There's also the "unprecedented" cap forced on WF because of abuses and opening accounts for people who did not ask for them:

But if having a relationship with the NRA is a big issue for you in your bank, that's entirely up to you. :dunno:

Not cowering to leftist thugs is the main point, but I do agree their shitty criminal practices deserve to be addressed.

I did forget about these events.

The problem is, what banks out there aren't owned and managed by scumbags?

I thought teachers were banking with Teacher's Credit Unions since those are all over the place.

Not cowering to leftist thugs is the main point, but I do agree their shitty criminal practices deserve to be addressed.

I did forget about these events.

The problem is, what banks out there aren't owned and managed by scumbags?

Sadly, that seems to be a problem, at least with big banks. Maybe a local bank can be trusted a bit more?

Forum List

Back