Well?????????????????

random3434

Jun 29, 2008
What was your favorite gift you recieved today?

And better yet, what was the best one you gave to someone?

I gave Mrs. BBD a 3/4 length black mink coat. She loves it. It will keep her warm. She gets bitchy when she gets cold.

I asked for an inflatable Sarah Palin love doll but I didn't get it. Instead, I got a damned old inflatable sheep cause that's what was on sale.:(

Well ... I can tell you what was NOT my favorite gift. I dozed off to sleep and my daughter wakes me up screaming "MOM! !MOM!!" I asked what was wrong and she said she thought someone was trying to break in - you know - doorknob moving, some noises at the door. She kept asking me if I heard it and I kept saying no. Finally, she opened up the door just a bit and there was nothing out there.

She hears it again and that time I heard it, too. Things got quiet, she opened the door wider and stuck her head out. My neighbor across the way and somebody else was downstairs and said, "Watch out for that 'coon, honey."

"What 'coon?"

"The one hanging up there over your head."

She looked and let out a scream and slammed the door. [Laughter from downstairs was heard.] I had a freaking raccoon hanging on my door!! I didn't know the damned things could climb - and neither did my daughter! She swears the thing was bigger than she is.

She's ranting and raving - got on her phone with a friend - who assured her 'coons could climb. I'm on the house phone calling the maintenance emergency call service. The woman assured me that 'coons could climb, but that 'coons were not on the emergency list. Fine. Called police non-emergency but was told animal control was not working tonight and that they only handled domestic animals - I'd have to call TN wildlife people while she was now on the phone with her sister who lives in VA.

Passed the news on to my daughter. "GREAT!! &*#_%%^(__ and I'm trapped inside this apartment and I am NOT going to be trapped inside with you for three days!! I'll jump over the balcony rail if I have to!!"

"See, Mom - THIS is why people have GUNS!"

It was starting to get pretty funny by then. I told her if she wanted guns to call her brother. AND SHE DID!! OMG!! We're in TN and her brother is at Ft. Drum, NY. His wife had just flown in from GA where she's in grad school at UGA ... the LAST thing on his mind was probably shooting raccoons.

It seems like all might be quiet on the front door ... but not sure how well my daughter will sleep on the sofa tonight. She's been muttering #(@*#$& off and on. I volunteered to sleep on the sofa and she said, "Why, hell no!!! The way you sleep if somebody WAS breaking in you'd never hear it."

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all.

This. Love it. :thup:

z-134.jpg

Gave the wife a Kindle.

Well ... I can tell you what was NOT my favorite gift. I dozed off to sleep and my daughter wakes me up screaming "MOM! !MOM!!" I asked what was wrong and she said she thought someone was trying to break in - you know - doorknob moving, some noises at the door. She kept asking me if I heard it and I kept saying no. Finally, she opened up the door just a bit and there was nothing out there.

She hears it again and that time I heard it, too. Things got quiet, she opened the door wider and stuck her head out. My neighbor across the way and somebody else was downstairs and said, "Watch out for that 'coon, honey."

"What 'coon?"

"The one hanging up there over your head."

She looked and let out a scream and slammed the door. [Laughter from downstairs was heard.] I had a freaking raccoon hanging on my door!! I didn't know the damned things could climb - and neither did my daughter! She swears the thing was bigger than she is.

She's ranting and raving - got on her phone with a friend - who assured her 'coons could climb. I'm on the house phone calling the maintenance emergency call service. The woman assured me that 'coons could climb, but that 'coons were not on the emergency list. Fine. Called police non-emergency but was told animal control was not working tonight and that they only handled domestic animals - I'd have to call TN wildlife people while my daughter was now on the phone with her sister who lives in VA.

Passed the news on to my daughter. "GREAT!! &*#_%%^(__ and I'm trapped inside this apartment and I am NOT going to be trapped inside with you for three days!! I'll jump over the balcony rail if I have to!!"

"See, Mom - THIS is why people have GUNS!"

It was starting to get pretty funny by then. I told her if she wanted guns to call her brother. AND SHE DID!! OMG!! We're in TN and her brother is at Ft. Drum, NY. His wife had just flown in from GA where she's in grad school at UGA ... the LAST thing on his mind was probably shooting raccoons.

It seems like all might be quiet on the front door ... but not sure how well my daughter will sleep on the sofa tonight. She's been muttering #(@*#$& off and on. I volunteered to sleep on the sofa and she said, "Why, hell no!!! The way you sleep if somebody WAS breaking in you'd never hear it."

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all.

i got so much, i can't even begin to sort out what was 'best', but my best gift given was a new acoustic electric guitar to the hubby!

The best gift I gave was to my 4-year-old nephew, who was miserable with a cold. I didn't go hog wild on expense, but the box his gift came in was HUGE. Big enough that I had trouble fitting it in the car. Seeing the look on his face and how he perked up when he saw that box with his name on it was the best.

Yeah, he liked what was inside it too. :lol:

The best gift I was given was 2 days ago. A truck pulled up and filled our heating oil tank. I ran out and told the guy there must be some mistake, I didn't order a delivery. He said he knew I didn't, it was taken care of and to go back inside. The receipt stamped "Paid" was left in my door.

I still don't know who it was from. But anyone who uses it knows that's one damn fine gift!

What I miss is watching the Appleton Boychoir's 9 Lessons and Carols concert. I used to perform with them as a boy AND in their men's chorus that adds to the pagentry. :(

it was never the christmas season till I did 2 concerts 2 weeks before.

My sister gave me a rocking gift. The Addams Family complete series set. I forgot Lurch talked so much, and didn't know that his "You Rang?" was an adlib by Ted Cassidy on the pilot that got a huge laugh so they gave them more lines as time went on. I love extras.

My daughter, (28) sent this. She really does give a flying fuck The wife gave me python skin boots and she got a real nice emerald ring from her favorite husband (for the moment, at least).

Well, the best present was that my mom was released from the hospital Thursday. She went in a week ago with congestive heart failure . . . again. :( She's home with a hospital bed in the den, is on oxygen 24/7 and I don't know how but my dad got a guy in to install an 'electric chair' (not that kind, the kind that goes up the stairs) the day before Christmas. They shouldn't be in that house, it's too big, they should have moved years ago but he didn't want to. He realizes his mistake .. . . now. A day late and a dollar short.

No one came over today because this past week+ has been just tooo much and my oldest brother lives well over an hour away and my other brother went to my mom and dad's so they wouldn't be alone. My mom just wasn't up to all of us coming over, even though she wouldn't have to do a thing (hell, she isn't able to do anything now). We're getting dumped on tomorrow with a foot of snow and my asshole neighbor decided to park in front of my house again tonight. He'll be getting a phone call from me tomorrow if he doesn't move his damn car so the plows can get through. I"ve asked him a few times to move his car and specifically pointed out that the plows won't do in front of our house if his car is there. He's a frukin' captain with the fire department, you'd think he'd get that he needs to get his car off the street.

Other than that, it was a good Christmas. We're all here, safe and healthy, and enough movies and Wii games were given to ensure hours of our time being occupied. And we're uber well stocked with food. I did forget to buy some wine though. Damn it! :mad:

Merry Christmas to everyone! :)

What was your favorite gift you recieved today?

And better yet, what was the best one you gave to someone?

My best gift was when my migraine finally broke at 4:30 pm!!!

IT'S A CHRISTMAS MIRACLE!!!

No, a miracle would have been your water breaking.

I'm astonished I had nothing alcoholic to drink today.

The Girl awoke me at 0730 hrs, and I watched her gleefully find ice skates under the tree, but I gotta admit, this really didn't compare to the Home entertainment system I've had installed to listen to Pandora (Online Music) and watch Netflix Online, as well as Video Games on Xbox360.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back