Well, wouldja look at that

Historic wave of Mexican immigration at a standstill, report says - latimes.com

The number of Mexican migrants to the United States dropped significantly while the number of those returning home increased, bringing net migration from Mexico to a statistical standstill, according to a report published Monday.

The shift over the last several years marks a significant change after four decades of historic immigration from Mexico, according to the report by the Pew Hispanic Center.

“The largest wave of immigration in history from a single country to the United States has come to a standstill,” the report says.
They apparently don't want to lower their quality of life.:eusa_shhh:

Yeah, I started that thread in the immigration folder. The usual circus unfolded immediately. I had no idea so many people could fit in a clown car.

Seriously.

ICE and other enforcement regimes are being vigorously implemented. Moreso then with the Reagan/Bush/Clinton/Bush administrations.

No conservative applauds this.

Telling..

Perhaps because no conservative believes the bullshit.

Historic wave of Mexican immigration at a standstill, report says - latimes.com

The number of Mexican migrants to the United States dropped significantly while the number of those returning home increased, bringing net migration from Mexico to a statistical standstill, according to a report published Monday.

The shift over the last several years marks a significant change after four decades of historic immigration from Mexico, according to the report by the Pew Hispanic Center.

“The largest wave of immigration in history from a single country to the United States has come to a standstill,” the report says.

Ya beat me to it. I started another thread hopefully the mods can merge them. I like this trend and hope more illegal of all countries go home. I hope we make it harder on all illegals who come to this country the wrong way!

Or maybe she just made a promise to make this stay better than the last. Obviously, there will be times I slip. But if nobody does anything but shame, mock and belittle, then there's really no reason for me to remain in the thread.

Dont leave BD.. just curious what you think is the reason.

I tend to think its the conditions here... I myself took a job that would normally have gone to an 'undocumented' worker when I got desperate enough for $$.
With all the unemployment here, its no wonder jobs are scarce for them.

I also would love to know how this administration, or any administration can know how many are here in the 1st pace. They are 'undocumented' after all :dunno:

I respect your opinion enough to want to know what ya think.

What I think:
(1) Jobs - Less jobs for everyone.
(2) More Deportations - No one should attack Obama for this. This is one of the good things coming out of his administration.
(3) Growing Mexican Economy: I believe their unemployment rate is at 5%! Lower than ours!
(4) State Laws Fighting Illegal Immigration - AZ and AL will be the ones that paved the way to tougher state laws once they win in the Supreme Court.

Amazing how a good old fashioned recession will cure what ails the economy. Just one question, so if a person is in the US illegally, how are they counted, and when they return home, how are they counted? If we know who they are, which is indicated by these wonderful numbers, then why is it they are not detained and sent home? Sounds like a bunch of old fashioned bull shit to me but then again I don't work for the government!

The illegals are not exactly hiding in the shadows, here in Birmingham its not hard to find them, they work, they have kids in school with no birth certificates because they are born in Mexico, have kids in sports etc etc. hell there is a trailer park 10 minutes from my house filled with illegals and their families, but the police will never go in there and do anything, the desire to deport all the illegals just isn't there.

Forum List

Back