Well, wouldja look at that

BDBoop

Platinum Member
Jul 20, 2011
Don't harsh my zen, Jen!
Historic wave of Mexican immigration at a standstill, report says - latimes.com

The number of Mexican migrants to the United States dropped significantly while the number of those returning home increased, bringing net migration from Mexico to a statistical standstill, according to a report published Monday.

The shift over the last several years marks a significant change after four decades of historic immigration from Mexico, according to the report by the Pew Hispanic Center.

“The largest wave of immigration in history from a single country to the United States has come to a standstill,” the report says.

Amazing how a good old fashioned recession will cure what ails the economy. Just one question, so if a person is in the US illegally, how are they counted, and when they return home, how are they counted? If we know who they are, which is indicated by these wonderful numbers, then why is it they are not detained and sent home? Sounds like a bunch of old fashioned bull shit to me but then again I don't work for the government!

Amazing how a good old fashioned recession will cure what ails the economy. Just one question, so if a person is in the US illegally, how are they counted, and when they return home, how are they counted? If we know who they are, which is indicated by these wonderful numbers, then why is it they are not detained and sent home? Sounds like a bunch of old fashioned bull shit to me but then again I don't work for the government!

Winner :clap2:

“I think the massive boom in Mexican immigration is over and I don’t think it will ever return to the numbers we saw in the 1990s and 2000s,” said Douglas Massey, a professor of sociology and public affairs at Princeton University and co-director of the Mexican Migration Project, which has been gathering data on the subject for 30 years.

Nearly 1.4 million Mexicans moved from the United States to Mexico between 2005 and 2010, double the number who came a decade earlier. The number of Mexicans who moved to the United States during that period fell to less than half of the 3 million who came between 1995 and 2000.

The trend could have major political consequences, underscoring the delicate dance by the Republican and Democratic parties as they struggle with immigration policies and court the increasingly important Latino vote.

For first time since Depression, more Mexicans leave U.S. than enter - The Washington Post

For first time since Depression, more Mexicans leave U.S. than enter - The Washington Post

By Tara Bahrampour, Updated: Monday, April 23, 6:06 PM

A four-decade tidal wave of Mexican immigration to the United States has receded, causing a historic shift in migration patterns as more Mexicans now leave the United States for Mexico than the other way around, according to a report from the Pew Hispanic Center.

It is the first reversal in the trend since the Depression, and experts say that a declining Mexican birthrate and other factors may make it permanent.
<more>

Yeah, I started that thread in the immigration folder. The usual circus unfolded immediately. I had no idea so many people could fit in a clown car.
Funny how we don't seem to get any of your brain droppings on the topic and you only seem able to bust on anyone and everyone who participates.

No, actually, it's not funny...It's truly pathetic and cowardly.

Yeah, I started that thread in the immigration folder. The usual circus unfolded immediately. I had no idea so many people could fit in a clown car.

What, you believe the cause is something other than the economy and unemployment?

You don't care what I believe. You all have this conversation every day, with or without a counterpoint.

Me: brings an article

Oddball: Jane, you ignorant slut.

Forum List

Back