Well...what do you do with all that dang Turkey leftover?

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
We made a 22 lb. turkey for 20 people, ended up 18 was actually here. Plus I made 2 pork loins.
The pork loins disappeared, and prolly 2/3 of Turkey did as well. But that still left a lot of Turkey for just Bonnie and I.
Sooo...
I made Turkey chili, usually I use chicken (wah?? chicken in chili??? - damn straight. Once people try it, they don't go back to beef. Much better)
Today I am making turkey pot pie.
Tuesday I am going to make fajitas.

We made a 22 lb. turkey for 20 people, ended up 18 was actually here. Plus I made 2 pork loins.
The pork loins disappeared, and prolly 2/3 of Turkey did as well. But that still left a lot of Turkey for just Bonnie and I.
Sooo...
I made Turkey chili, usually I use chicken (wah?? chicken in chili??? - damn straight. Once people try it, they don't go back to beef. Much better)

I sneaked pieces into a plastic bag and hid it in the garage. The dog has been eating it since Thursday. One helping left for tomorrow.

Sooo...
What turkey? :dunno:

:desk:

Fake fumble drop the rest of the sucker so that it hits the floor. It's crucial that you bite the dust in such a way that you are 1) prevented from picking it up off the floor in any way for 10 seconds and 2) prevent any one else from picking that sucker up off the floor for 10 seconds. This is even better if you have some type of animal pet that might make a dash for it. Pick yourself up (slowly), chuckle, and say, "Well, shoot. Not even saved by the 5 second rule. Ah, well, we'll have to throw it away. I was thinking of steak for Monday."

I bring a bunch of containers or foil trays so everybody can bring some home with them.

The person who cooked it doesn't want any leftovers...So I usually make a pasta & everybody else wants to take that home.

I usually take turkey, potatoes and stuffing home with me.

Husband made a nice turkey and mushroom pasta dish yesterday. Tomorrow there will be turkey sandwiches for lunch.

Forum List

Back