Well...The Gang Of Eight Is Down To Two

Cammmpbell

Sep 13, 2011
Will it be Newt or Mitt who will next step on their weenie

The last time a president with a bad economy was re eleted was Franklin Roosevelt. Can Mr. Obama pull it off

Last edited:

The last time a president with a bad economy was re eleted was Franklin Roosevelt. Can Mr. Obama pull it off

I don't think Newt couild find his weenie to step on.

Which media outlet drilled the message into your head that Romney and Gingrich are the only "electable" ones remaining? Two months ago we were all supposed to believe that the race was already narrowed down to Romney/Perry.

I don't think Newt couild find his weenie to step on.

Your post makes so much more sense if it had been cut off after the third word.

Which media outlet drilled the message into your head that Romney and Gingrich are the only "electable" ones remaining? Two months ago we were all supposed to believe that the race was already narrowed down to Romney/Perry.
A few more months ago it was Bachmann.

I love watching all the pontificating predictors. They rarely get anything right, but what's better is that they never own their idiocy.

Same point I was going to bring up on this thread regarding Romney/Perry. :)

We're still a long way from the first votes cast. Time will tell how it all shakes down.

In 1984 the US was in recession still, and unemployment was at around 7.5% and yet Ronald Reagan was still reelected.

Perry is one who stepped on his weenie...Cain the other

The people will never nominate losers like Michelle Bachman, Ron Paul, Jon Huntsman and Rick Santorum

Personally I like a few of Ron Paul's ideas but others are simply too radical.

Last edited:
A few more months ago it was Bachmann.

I love watching all the pontificating predictors. They rarely get anything right, but what's better is that they never own their idiocy.

If the Republican party was smart they would find somebody else. That bunch of bible thumping, Do Away With This Or That, magic underwear, no new taxes, party of No, anti compromise, flag waving, family values nincompoops can't beat Obama.

if he pulls hard enough.
Or if he is able to lie too and BS a bunch of ignorant morons to vote for him, as he did the last go-round.

Unfortunately, there are still morons like the following who still walk amongst us:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P36x8rTb3jI]Obama Is Going To Pay For My Gas And Mortgage!!! - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOZ-Etb0k0Q]Obama Money - Where Did it Come From? - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_JJLLfTR8I&NR=1]Idiots who voted for Obama - YouTube[/ame]

The people will never nominate losers like Michelle Bachman, Ron Paul, Jon Huntsman and Rick Santorum

They sure did nominate a loser in Obama. :lol:
This is America where anything can happen.....except for reducing the spending and debt.

They sure did nominate a loser in Obama. :lol:
This is America where anything can happen.....except for reducing the spending and debt.

Where were you when Reagan and Bush41 quadrupled the national debt to fund tax cuts for the wealthy

Where were you when Bill Clinton raised taxes, created 22,000,000 new jobs, balanced the budget and was on track to completely pay down the national debt

Where were you when gorgeous George cut taxes twice using reconciliation to block a
Democrat filibuster, started two wars and doubled the national debt from $5.7 trillion to nearly $12 trillion

Where do you people come from

if he pulls hard enough.
Or if he is able to lie too and BS a bunch of ignorant morons to vote for him, as he did the last go-round.

Unfortunately, there are still morons like the following who still walk amongst us:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P36x8rTb3jI]Obama Is Going To Pay For My Gas And Mortgage!!! - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOZ-Etb0k0Q]Obama Money - Where Did it Come From? - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_JJLLfTR8I&NR=1]Idiots who voted for Obama - YouTube[/ame]

And their vote counts as much as yours.

That's gotta piss you off.

if he pulls hard enough.

And their vote counts as much as yours.

That's gotta piss you off.

Brings something to mind:

"How Could 59,084,057 Americans Be So Dumb"

This caption appeared below a picture of ol' George the morning after the 2004 presidential election.

source The Daily Mirror is read in the UK by over 4.5 million people

Last edited:
One would think that, given this economy, the GOP ought to be having a field day.

Why aren't they?

Because nothing most of them are saying convinces much the electorate that they're seriously going to be able to fix the economy.

Much of what some of them are saying insults those Americans who, though no fault of their own, are being crushed by the economy.

Now I realize that at this time, the GOP candidates are applealing to their base of haters, and the nominant will probably try to back down from that appeal to hate.

But still...much of what they've said in this run-up to nomination is going to hang over them come Nov 2012.

The sooner the GOP finds a candidate to back, the sooner thaat candidate can start lying about how much he feels America's pain.

Nope.

And here's the thing. The Democrats draw too much from the 1936 election.

FDR won, because the GOP had ceased to function as a party. They lost 75% of their seats in Congress, most of the governorships, losing seats in four elections straight.

People had almost immediate buyers remorse with Obama in 2010.

I look at it this way, getting it down to Newt and Mitt I think shows the system kind of works. After all the celebrity candidates have come and gone, you are down to two technocrats who come from two different philosophies within the party. Romney representing the old GOP of Rockefeller, Newt representing the new GOP of the New South.

And the end of the day, though, 2012 will be a referendum on Obama. If you approve of the incumbant, you vote for him, if you don't you vote against him. It's just that simple.

And Obama's approval rating is in the 40's right now.

One would think that, given this economy, the GOP ought to be having a field day.

Why aren't they?

Because nothing most of them are saying convinces much the electorate that they're seriously going to be able to fix the economy.

Much of what some of them are saying insults those Americans who, though no fault of their own, are being crushed by the economy.

Now I realize that at this time, the GOP candidates are applealing to their base of haters, and the nominant will probably try to back down from that appeal to hate.

But still...much of what they've said in this run-up to nomination is going to hang over them come Nov 2012.

The sooner the GOP finds a candidate to back, the sooner thaat candidate can start lying about how much he feels America's pain.

You know what...they despise the idea of Mitt Romney being the nominee. When the Republican party considers a guy who is two divorces away from family values who wore out his welcome back in the 90's...the Dems have to be turning cartwheels.

Forum List

Back