Well the Arizona law at least brings one good thing.

Charles_Main

AR15 Owner
Jun 23, 2008
Michigan, USA
In order to sue Arizona over their new law Obama has been forced to bring to light the crux of the issue.

Reportedly the argument he intends to use in court is that it is the Federal Governments Job to deal with Immigration and border security, and Arizona law infringes on that power. Not only is this argument not likely to win, it brings to light two important facts.

First that it is the Federal Governments duty to protect Arizona's border with Mexico, A job most agree that they are not doing.

Second is that the fact that he has to resort to that argument is just proof that there is nothing in the law itself that is in anyway unconstitutional or that would infringe on civil rights. If there was they would use that as an argument as well but instead will focus only on the fact that it might infringe on federal power.

Of course anyone who has read the law knew that already. The law in effect only allows Arizona law enforcement to enforce standing Federal Immigration law, and in fact has more safe guards against profiling built into it than the Federal Law does. That is also why the Obama admins intended argument that the law infringes on federal power will fail before an unbiased court. Precedent is expected to dictate that Arizona has every right to empower its own law enforcement to uphold federal law in this case.

Obama really needs to think things through. This law suit will fail and he is going to come off looking like and ass. After telling how horrible the law is he might well end up with a supreme court ruling that not only upholds the law but states that the Arizona law has more safe guards against profiling and civil rights violation than current federal law even has.

In order to sue Arizona over their new law Obama has been forced to bring to light the crux of the issue.

Reportedly the argument he intends to use in court is that it is the Federal Governments Job to deal with Immigration and border security, and Arizona law infringes on that power. Not only is this argument not likely to win, it brings to light two important facts.

First that it is the Federal Governments duty to protect Arizona's border with Mexico, A job most agree that they are not doing.

Second is that the fact that he has to resort to that argument is just proof that there is nothing in the law itself that is in anyway unconstitutional or that would infringe on civil rights. If there was they would use that as an argument as well but instead will focus only on the fact that it might infringe on federal power.

Of course anyone who has read the law knew that already. The law in effect only allows Arizona law enforcement to enforce standing Federal Immigration law, and in fact has more safe guards against profiling built into it than the Federal Law does. That is also why the Obama admins intended argument that the law infringes on federal power will fail before an unbiased court. Precedent is expected to dictate that Arizona has every right to empower its own law enforcement to uphold federal law in this case.

Obama really needs to think things through. This law suit will fail and he is going to come off looking like and ass. After telling how horrible the law is he might well end up with a supreme court ruling that not only upholds the law but states that the Arizona law has more safe guards against profiling and civil rights violation than current federal law even has.

Obama has zero intention of securing the border, period. It'll screw up the agennnda.

Obama tells Kyl in private Oval Office meeting: I won’t secure border b/c then Republicans will have no reason to support “comprehensive immigration reform.”

On June 18, 2010, Arizona Republican Senator Jon Kyl told the audience at a North Tempe Tea Party town hall meeting that during a private, one-on-one meeting with President Obama in the Oval Office, the President told him, regarding securing the southern border with Mexico, “The problem is, . . . if we secure the border, then you all won’t have any reason to support ‘comprehensive immigration reform.’” [Audible gasps were heard throughout the audience.] Sen. Kyl continued, “In other words, they’re holding it hostage. They don’t want to secure the border unless and until it is combined with ‘comprehensive immigration reform.’”

Sen. Kyl also said he reminded President Obama that the President and the Congress has an obligation, a duty, to secure the border.

Video at link

Obama tells Kyl in private Oval Office meeting: I won’t secure border b/c then Republicans will have no reason to support “comprehensive immigration reform.” | RedState

Obama has zero intention of securing the border, period. It'll screw up the agennnda.

Obama tells Kyl in private Oval Office meeting: I won’t secure border b/c then Republicans will have no reason to support “comprehensive immigration reform.”

On June 18, 2010, Arizona Republican Senator Jon Kyl told the audience at a North Tempe Tea Party town hall meeting that during a private, one-on-one meeting with President Obama in the Oval Office, the President told him, regarding securing the southern border with Mexico, “The problem is, . . . if we secure the border, then you all won’t have any reason to support ‘comprehensive immigration reform.’” [Audible gasps were heard throughout the audience.] Sen. Kyl continued, “In other words, they’re holding it hostage. They don’t want to secure the border unless and until it is combined with ‘comprehensive immigration reform.’”

Sen. Kyl also said he reminded President Obama that the President and the Congress has an obligation, a duty, to secure the border.

Video at link

Obama tells Kyl in private Oval Office meeting: I won’t secure border b/c then Republicans will have no reason to support “comprehensive immigration reform.” | RedState

Ohmigod, I saw that, too! I wish I could say I couldn't believe it, but sadly, it was all too easy to believe.

Did you hear about this?

Mexican Drug Cartels Control Parts of Arizona - HUMAN EVENTS

Video at link

Ohmigod, I saw that, too! I wish I could say I couldn't believe it, but sadly, it was all too easy to believe.

Did you hear about this?

Oh yeah, it's just awful down there. 80 miles along the border that includes part of the Buenos Aires National Wildlife Refuge has been closed since 2006 because of the drug smuggling/crime. Imagine, U.S. citizens can't even visit a part of the U.S. because their lives would be in severe danger from the crime/illegal crossings and . . . the damn government just turns it's head, pays the whole border issue lip service but does squat. Fuck them.

Did you hear about this?

Oh yeah, it's just awful down there. 80 miles along the border that includes part of the Buenos Aires National Wildlife Refuge has been closed since 2006 because of the drug smuggling/crime. Imagine, U.S. citizens can't even visit a part of the U.S. because their lives would be in severe danger from the crime/illegal crossings and . . . the damn government just turns it's head, pays the whole border issue lip service but does squat. Fuck them.

And all the media can find to say about it - when they bother to comment on the problems in Pinal County at all - are to call the Pinal County Sheriff a grandstanding Johnny-Come-Lately and snarkily ask what a county 90 miles from the border could POSSIBLY have to really say on illegal immigration. Naturally, they neglect to mention that that county, 90 miles from the Mexican border, happens to also contain the intersection between I-10 and I-8 heading to San Diego.

Did you hear about this?

And all the media can find to say about it - when they bother to comment on the problems in Pinal County at all - are to call the Pinal County Sheriff a grandstanding Johnny-Come-Lately and snarkily ask what a county 90 miles from the border could POSSIBLY have to really say on illegal immigration. Naturally, they neglect to mention that that county, 90 miles from the Mexican border, happens to also contain the intersection between I-10 and I-8 heading to San Diego.

What would a bunch of media types from New York and DC know about it anyways. lol. Media people who are not even good at hiding their agendas when giving us biased reporting anymore. There used to be a day when they were better at hiding just how skewed to the democrat side they were. Those days are over. Just watch that clip of the CNN reporting berating tea party people and telling them how great the stimulus was for them. Then directing here camera man to single out the most radical signs in the crowd for their 30 second clip. Journalism is dead in this country. Replaced by Propaganda machines. Most but not all tilting to the left.

Not only does that county contain that intersection, but the 90 Miles between it and the border are a virtually unpopulated desert the illegals are crossing. Pinal county is the first place they come to with any civilization, and therefor it is on the front lines of the fight against the mass disregard for our border and sovereignty that goes on every day down there.

Last edited:

What would a bunch of media types from New York and DC know about it anyways. lol. Media people who are not even good at hiding their agendas when giving us biased reporting anymore. There used to be a day when they were better at hiding just how skewed to the democrat side they were. Those days are over. Just watch that clip of the CNN reporting berating tea party people and telling them how great the stimulus was for them. Then directing here camera man to single out the most radical signs in the crowd for their 30 second clip. Journalism is dead in this country. Replaced by Propaganda machines. Most but not all tilting to the left.

Not only does that county contain that intersection, but the 90 Miles between it and the border are a virtually unpopulated desert the illegals are crossing. Pinal county is the first place they come to with any civilization, and therefor it is on the front lines of the fight against the mass disregard for our border and sovereignty that goes on every day down there.

Not quite true. Tucson is just south of Pinal County, in Pima County. There are lots of little towns scattered around, but that's the first actual city you hit in that part of the state.

Forum List

Back