Well, that settles that! Birthers can go home now.....

Arizona and several other States have passed resolutions requiring official birth certifications before being placed on their ballots. The certificate of live birth does not qualify in some of those States (all?).

So it will be addressed in 2012, assuming Obama wants to try for a 2nd term. He'll either have to give Hawaii permission to release what they have, or he won't be on the ballot in all 50 States.

Under Article 4, Full Faith and Credit, what qualifies as a legal birth certificate is what Congress tells them qualifies as a legal birth certificate. And that means a COLB is sufficient.

They can start a pissing match between the States all they want, but that will only do one of two things: Play directly into Obama's hands as a victim of institutionalized racism when all other candidates' BC's are accepted but his, or we have a massive State v. State v. State free for all in a Court cage match to the embarrassment when ALL candidates' short form BC's are rejected, ending with some birfer legislators scraping egg off their faces

They can go ahead and try it though. Sure a smart thing to do.

As true as that statement is, when you use the acronym "COLB," that can mean either one of two different things. One, CERTIFICATION of live birth, or two, CERTIFICATE of live birth. The prior, as obama has produced, contains NO information WHAT SO EVER as to WHERE HE WAS BORN, WHO DELIVERED HIM, THE NAME OF THE HOSPITAL, NOTHING. The second, contains all of that information.

So therein lies the problem. What obama has produced, and what HAS BEEN ACCEPTED, still provides NO PROOF WHAT SO EVER AS TO WHERE HE WAS BORN, the only thing it proves is that HE WAS BORN, PERIOD.

Now states know this and they've been passing laws to prevent it from happening again, and no matter how the obama ass kissers and worshipers here care to spin it, and no matter how nasty and shitty they get with insults against those who want the truth, this issue is going to blow up once again come election time, and this time I don't see some of the people backing down. I see protests and possible riots over this UNLESS obama releases this fabled, real B.C., and yes, the good governor of Hawaii is right, it will hurt obama if he keeps up this hiding it.

End of story.

Take Obama off the ballet because you dont agree with the rules and wait for the real fireworks. The ass-kissers and worshipers are real voters too just like the bunch who voted in Bush or Reagan.

Oh I guarantee heads will roll that day.

Arizona and several other States have passed resolutions requiring official birth certifications before being placed on their ballots. The certificate of live birth does not qualify in some of those States (all?).

So it will be addressed in 2012, assuming Obama wants to try for a 2nd term. He'll either have to give Hawaii permission to release what they have, or he won't be on the ballot in all 50 States.

I am not a lawyer, but there is a law about this which is going to render Arizona's law moot.

I can't quote it ver batum, but as I understand it, one state can't compel another state to change it's policies.

If you guys want to beat Obama, you'll have to do it in the polls. You aren't going to get away with a bunch of shenanigans to circumvent the electoral process.

The Arizona Republic's editorial board opines energetically on the legislation:

Secretary of State Ken Bennett - who lives in the real world, not on conspiracy island - points out that it could be unconstitutional for a state to impose its own requirements on federal office.

The proposed legislation, an amendment to Senate Bill 1024 sponsored by Rep. Judy Burges, R-Skull Valley, is worse than a foolish waste of time. It suggests Arizona is a place where any crackpot whim can be enshrined in law.

What is Arizona? A state of rugged individualists or a swamp of breathless fanatics? If legislators fall for this one, they'll be trading in our Stetson for a tin-foil hat.

Arizona Birther Bill Would Require Obama's Birth Paper : The Two-Way : NPR

I think they will produce a certificate (something other than the COLB).

And I think the birthers will say it is a fake as well.

I'm pretty sure the resolution passed and became an Arizona law. If memory serves me correctly, it was in September or so of last year? But I agree with you that unless and until 24 other States pass similar resolutions, the Supreme Court would likely rule that a Federally certified candidate must be on every State's ballot.

my notorized COLB got me my USA passport, and is a legal document for verification of birth, in all 50 states.

I am not a lawyer, but there is a law about this which is going to render Arizona's law moot.

I can't quote it ver batum, but as I understand it, one state can't compel another state to change it's policies.

If you guys want to beat Obama, you'll have to do it in the polls. You aren't going to get away with a bunch of shenanigans to circumvent the electoral process.

Arizona Birther Bill Would Require Obama's Birth Paper : The Two-Way : NPR

I think they will produce a certificate (something other than the COLB).

And I think the birthers will say it is a fake as well.

I'm pretty sure the resolution passed and became an Arizona law. If memory serves me correctly, it was in September or so of last year? But I agree with you that unless and until 24 other States pass similar resolutions, the Supreme Court would likely rule that a Federally certified candidate must be on every State's ballot.

my notorized COLB got me my USA passport, and is a legal document for verification of birth, in all 50 states.

I view the COLB as basically a receipt from the state which you were born in that certifies that you have an appropriate birth certificate in the vault.

It makes sense as you only have one birth certificate and people are prone to lose things, documents get destroyed in house fires, etc.

It kind of reminds me of my DD-214. The Army has all the relevant paperwork about my service. When I left, I got a DD-214 that wrapped everything up on a single sheet of paper. If I go to the VA, they only need to see my DD-214 to verify that I am eligible for benefits. Same principle.

Which is why states have been doing it for years. It never was a problem until Obama ran for President.

Funny, that.

I am not a birther but no, thats not the way it works, there is a REQUIREMENT, that the pres. is born here or is born in/under a condition ala a uS base that recognizes and confers citizenship.

I would imagine that somehow somewhere someone in in the gov. in some deep back closet for an office had to check/confirm that he was indeed a citizen and saw proof to meet the criteria, this dept, person whomever should just step and say so an put this all to bed.

fyi, from the Fox article in the op:

Health Department spokeswoman Janice Okubo again confirmed Friday that Obama's name is found in its alphabetical list of names of people born in Hawaii, maintained in bound copies available for public view.

That information, called index data, shows a listing for "Obama II, Barack Hussein, Male," according to the department's website.

"The index is just to say who has their records within the department. That's an indication," Okubo said. "I can't talk about anyone's records."

The Obama campaign issued a certificate of live birth in 2008, an official document from the state
showing the president's birth date, city and name, along with his parents' names and races.

Read more: Hawaii Won't Release Obama's Birth Info - FoxNews.com

And why is this still an issue?

Because we have a group of adults that can't act like adults.

Or because their hatred of Obama (for reasons that can only be inferred) is so vast that they are completely illogical.

I can help you out...just imagine it was Bush, and we want his National Guard information. :eusa_whistle:

The burden of proof is on the accuser.

When the birthers can produce a Kenyan (or wherever) birth certificate they might have a case.

Until then, they're just pissing in the wind.

I am not a birther but no, thats not the way it works, there is a REQUIREMENT, that the pres. is born here or is born in/under a condition ala a uS base that recognizes and confers citizenship.

I would imagine that somehow somewhere someone in in the gov. in some deep back closet for an office had to check/confirm that he was indeed a citizen and saw proof to meet the criteria, this dept, person whomever should just step and say so an put this all to bed.

Hawaii certified his birth. He's got all the required documentation. That should have been the beginning and end of it.

And it seems that President Obama has a keen sense of history.

President Clinton let the Republicans have card blanche on an independent investigation on an already fully vetted legal issue, whitewater and look how that turned out. They impeached him on a totally unrelated..and IMHO opinion, completely silly..issue.

But his presidency suffered a good amount of damage as a result of his good faith cooperation.

Pure and simple the Birther movement is not about finding "truth". It's about de-legitimizing a duly elected public official and usurping power.

When the birthers can produce a Kenyan (or wherever) birth certificate they might have a case.

Hawaii certified his birth. He's got all the required documentation. That should have been the beginning and end of it.

President Clinton let the Republicans have card blanche on an independent investigation on an already fully vetted legal issue, whitewater and look how that turned out. They impeached him on a totally unrelated..and IMHO opinion, completely silly..issue.

But his presidency suffered a good amount of damage as a result of his good faith cooperation.

Pure and simple the Birther movement is not about finding "truth". It's about de-legitimizing a duly elected public official and usurping power.

Arkansas Project - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Somewhere deep in this birther issue is some serious money from someone who just wants to finance a smear campaign.

There was also Bush and the Troofers.

Johnson and those who swore he was involved in JFK's assassination.

Hell, Jefferson was accused of trying to ban the Bible and persecute Christians, and John Adams was accused of plotting to make himself King.

You get the idea. Paranoids are nothing new in American politics. Giving the irrational what they want seems to be the key to making it balloon, not stop.

Somewhere deep in this birther issue is some serious money from someone who just wants to finance a smear campaign.

It definitely would not end with these particular goalposts.

And President Obama shouldn't cooperate in the least.

It's also a cottage industry. There's money to be had in blogging, writing books, merchandising, selling pamphlets from your living room....as well as jobs in "advocacy" groups. Every flavor of tinfoil has its profiteers, birferdom is certainly no exception.

Why is it so hard to understand that Obama has already release complete legal proof of his citizenship? The COLB is online, and has been for nearly 3 years.

That's incontrovertible proof of his citizenship.

Children.

Wake up. A COLB is not proof of birth in Hawaii. It says right on the certificate it merely serves as prima facia evidence that somebody was born, not where they were born. His mother could have called in from Kenya to report the birth, and a COLB would have been issued.

The fact that Obama still refuses to provide a genuine birth certificate, and offers no rational reason why not, is the best proof there is that it does not exist.

Why is it so hard to understand that Obama has already release complete legal proof of his citizenship? The COLB is online, and has been for nearly 3 years.

That's incontrovertible proof of his citizenship.

Children.

Wake up. A COLB is not proof of birth in Hawaii. It says right on the certificate it merely serves as prima facia evidence that somebody was born, not where they were born. His mother could have called in from Kenya to report the birth, and a COLB would have been issued.

The fact that Obama still refuses to provide a genuine birth certificate, and offers no rational reason why not, is the best proof there is that it does not exist.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Called it in from Kenya..:lol::lol::lol::lol:

So now when Obama finishes his two terms as our president and maybe your side gets control you may be able to have it investagated and dealt with. I'm assuming that he would then be whipped by a wet noodle at least 12 times. LOL boy are you people dumb on the right.
12,000,000 people unemployed, 45 million people needing healt care, a poverty level that keeps growing along with an eliete class that continues to get richer, and two wars started by a republicn president who was a lot less than trueful to the americn people or the congress, along with a spiraling deficet and all you can think about is a birth cirtificate. LOL what a group of idiots we have on the right.

First this:

A.M. Top News: Hawaii Gov. Neil Abercrombie vows to end 'birther' controversy

Published: Wednesday, December 29, 2010, 8:57 AM Updated: Wednesday, December 29, 2010, 8:57 AM

And now this:

Neil Abercrombie, Hawaii governor drops mission to dispel birthers, prove Obama was born in state

BY Aliyah Shahid
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER
Saturday, January 22nd 2011, 3:39 PM

There is no way to spin this that makes it look good.

First this:

A.M. Top News: Hawaii Gov. Neil Abercrombie vows to end 'birther' controversy

Published: Wednesday, December 29, 2010, 8:57 AM Updated: Wednesday, December 29, 2010, 8:57 AM

And now this:

Neil Abercrombie, Hawaii governor drops mission to dispel birthers, prove Obama was born in state

BY Aliyah Shahid
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER
Saturday, January 22nd 2011, 3:39 PM

There is no way to spin this that makes it look good.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/3238364-post18.html

A privacy law that shields birth certificates has prompted Democratic Gov. Neil Abercrombie to abandon efforts to dispel claims that President Barack Obama was born outside Hawaii, his office says.

State Attorney General David Louie told the governor that privacy laws bar him from disclosing an individual's birth documentation without the person's consent, Abercrombie spokeswoman Donalyn Dela Cruz said Friday.

The truth is Governor Aberctombie's efforts to end the controversy have been stymied once again by President Obama.

A privacy law that shields birth certificates has prompted Democratic Gov. Neil Abercrombie to abandon efforts to dispel claims that President Barack Obama was born outside Hawaii, his office says.

State Attorney General David Louie told the governor that privacy laws bar him from disclosing an individual's birth documentation without the person's consent, Abercrombie spokeswoman Donalyn Dela Cruz said Friday.

The truth is Governor Aberctombie's efforts to end the controversy have been stymied once again by President Obama.

The truth is that Abercrombie wrote checks with his mouth that he couldn't cash. It didn't take a lawyer to tell everyone that Abercrombie couldn't legally release Obama's BC without his consent. Just because Abercrombie is a moron that decided to stick his nose into this issue for whatever reason isn't going to change Obama's position of not releasing his BC.

More interesting is Abercrombie statements to the Star and the way that WND/Corsi completely lied about what he said.

Forum List

Back