Well said, Mr. President!

The prez said that this strategy is not an open-ended commitment, but then said that the withdrawal process, beginning in the summer of 2011, will be conditions-based. Okay. But what does that mean exactly???

I was hoping to have a firm date of when our troops would be completely out of there. That really didn't happen and I guess I'm disappointed about that. I do trust him, but I can't help thinking of all of the casualties and injuries that will occur in the meantime. And wondering what will happen if conditions are not satisfactory in June of 2011. Then we'll stay longer?? It's depressing.

What he is saysing is Bush was right.
:clap2:

It seems that many people ignore the fact that this is not Obama's war to abort. NATO is driving the boat. Many countries have forces in Afghanistan. Is there need for a link to back this up?

Shouldn't you be thanking the telepromtper?

Oh wait. you said 'well said'.

Of course the teleprompter can't speak.

My bad. Carry on.

The prez said that this strategy is not an open-ended commitment, but then said that the withdrawal process, beginning in the summer of 2011, will be conditions-based. Okay. But what does that mean exactly???

I was hoping to have a firm date of when our troops would be completely out of there. That really didn't happen and I guess I'm disappointed about that. I do trust him, but I can't help thinking of all of the casualties and injuries that will occur in the meantime. And wondering what will happen if conditions are not satisfactory in June of 2011. Then we'll stay longer?? It's depressing.

What he is saysing is Bush was right.
:clap2:

It seems that many people ignore the fact that this is not Obama's war to abort. NATO is driving the boat. Many countries have forces in Afghanistan. Is there need for a link to back this up?

Nato is driving the boat with the same effective control iraqis are running their own nation.

Lord, that's balanced! Well done for not jumping on the 'yay for the POTUS', or the 'what an idiot' bandwagons!

Basically, he means that, if we can destroy AQ and build up the Afghan army, etc, then we can come home. But, if the conditions aren't right, then we stay. That is disappointing for lots of us for lots of reasons. I have two brothers who will - now - both be returning to Afghanistan in the very near future. I'd much rather they weren't going but that's what they choose to do.

We can't have a firm date - that was just never gonna happen unless Obama chose the 'cut and run' strategy favored by the hard left and a lot of libertarians. Much as we might want our troops home (and I doubt anyone wants that more than I do) we have got to finish this. Otherwise, we will have to go back in and deal with it agan - just like Iraq. We should have finished it properly in '91 - then there would have been no need for this war at all.

High five to you though for asking questions instead of automatically agreeing with him because you like the guy. Oh, one more thing..... never, ever trust any politician - even Obama. None of them are really on your side.

Lord, that's balanced! Well done for not jumping on the 'yay for the POTUS', or the 'what an idiot' bandwagons!

Basically, he means that, if we can destroy AQ and build up the Afghan army, etc, then we can come home. But, if the conditions aren't right, then we stay. That is disappointing for lots of us for lots of reasons. I have two brothers who will - now - both be returning to Afghanistan in the very near future. I'd much rather they weren't going but that's what they choose to do.

We can't have a firm date - that was just never gonna happen unless Obama chose the 'cut and run' strategy favored by the hard left and a lot of libertarians. Much as we might want our troops home (and I doubt anyone wants that more than I do) we have got to finish this. Otherwise, we will have to go back in and deal with it agan - just like Iraq. We should have finished it properly in '91 - then there would have been no need for this war at all.

High five to you though for asking questions instead of automatically agreeing with him because you like the guy. Oh, one more thing..... never, ever trust any politician - even Obama. None of them are really on your side.

I guess it's just that I don't want to see more of our troops killed. I was very lucky twice. My brother was in Vietnam for 13 months back in the day. My son is an air traffic controller in the Air Force and was in Iraq for a year. They both came home safely.

But not all families are that lucky and it's so tragic to see so many young lives end. I sincerely hope your family members will come home safe and sound.

Besides the loss of life, the cost of the wars is outrageous. I didn't think that Obama would bring everybody home in a few weeks of his new presidency. But I never thought it would be as long as it appears it's going to be. A lot of people are not happy about it, and I am one.

The prez said that this strategy is not an open-ended commitment, but then said that the withdrawal process, beginning in the summer of 2011, will be conditions-based. .

Yes, in warfare it is always a good idea to tell your enemy how long they have to just hunker down and randomly kill before you will leave.

Why not invite them over for a Christmas dinner too?

It means that his strategy is totally open-ended.

Yeah....Buyers remorse really sucks, man.

So...Bush negotiated the troop withdrawal from Iraq, prior to leaving office, to be completed by 2011, now Obama wants America to think that HE'S responsible for the troop withdrawal from Iraq by blurring the line between HIS NEW withdrawal date from Afghanistan...

This guy is one slick mofo....Slick Willy....you ain't shit compared to this guy!!!!

There were several impressive aspects such as how well his oratory skills have improved and the clearly wise choice to be tutored in a warm climate. The tan has almost taken years off his face and even though the make up artists did their best, not much could be done about the ears.

ya...all image and NO SUBSTANCE...that's the important thing .... right?

The prez said that this strategy is not an open-ended commitment, but then said that the withdrawal process, beginning in the summer of 2011, will be conditions-based. .

Yes, in warfare it is always a good idea to tell your enemy how long they have to just hunker down and randomly kill before you will leave.

That is the reaction of many military! :cuckoo: Maybe the towelheads don't have any way of communicating with the outside world so they won't find out.

or a game of soccer in no mans land:eusa_angel:

Last edited:
US President Barack Obama has announced an additional deployment of 30,000 troops to Afghanistan. The following is the reaction so far to his speech.
SAID TAYEB JAWAD, AFGHAN AMBASSADOR TO THE US
This is along the line of what the Afghan people are demanding.

Interesting...the Afghans are now demanding Obama do THEIR bidding....and Obama capitulates.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/8389869.stm

Last edited:

Forum List

Back