Well said, Mr. President!

The prez said that this strategy is not an open-ended commitment, but then said that the withdrawal process, beginning in the summer of 2011, will be conditions-based. Okay. But what does that mean exactly???

I was hoping to have a firm date of when our troops would be completely out of there. That really didn't happen and I guess I'm disappointed about that. I do trust him, but I can't help thinking of all of the casualties and injuries that will occur in the meantime. And wondering what will happen if conditions are not satisfactory in June of 2011. Then we'll stay longer?? It's depressing.

The prez said that this strategy is not an open-ended commitment, but then said that the withdrawal process, beginning in the summer of 2011, will be conditions-based. Okay. But what does that mean exactly???
It means that his strategy is totally open-ended.

I was hoping to have a firm date of when our troops would be completely out of there. That really didn't happen and I guess I'm disappointed about that. I do trust him, but I can't help thinking of all of the casualties and injuries that will occur in the meantime. And wondering what will happen if conditions are not satisfactory in June of 2011. Then we'll stay longer?? It's depressing.
Yeah....Buyers remorse really sucks, man.

Let me re-phrase that! Rahm Emanuel wrote a good pro-Internationalist War speech for the dunce Obama that basically amounts to another shovel full of more Bullshit from The Noble Peace Prize fraud Winner. Ironic isn't it, and Only in America? Stay thirsty my friends! ~BH

Once again, Obama spoke a bunch of words - and spoke them pretty well, without saying anything.

Afghanistan is gonna get a lot worse folks.

This president appears confidently clueless, and that is a very dangerous thing - particularly for those serving in the military...

Well said!

There were several impressive aspects such as how well his oratory skills have improved and the clearly wise choice to be tutored in a warm climate. The tan has almost taken years off his face and even though the make up artists did their best, not much could be done about the ears.

I was a bit surprised to see him still celebrating 9/11. Y saying things like:

(re: afghanistan/pakistan border)
"They have used this mountainous terrain as a safe-haven to hide, train terrorists, communicate with followers, plot attacks, and send fighters to support the insurgency in Afghanistan . For the American people, this border region has become the most dangerous place in the world."

I thought by now he had learned the constant celebration of 9E has worn thin and Americans need a more viable injection of fear to keep them pacified during our imperial adventures. But apparently I have under estimated the pervasiveness of our collective apathy.

It is also very impressive how he hinted we are going to expand in pakistan. That Karl Rove sure knows how to slide it in there:

"So I want the American people to understand that we have a clear and focused goal: to disrupt, dismantle, and defeat al Qaeda in Pakistan and Afghanistan , and to prevent their return to either country in the future."

I also like how he uses our strong economy to justify giving billions of our tax dollars to Pakistan to help build schools and hospitals. We have plenty of those with no shortage of public need.

"I am calling upon Congress to pass a bipartisan bill co-sponsored by John Kerry and Richard Lugar that authorizes $1.5 billion in direct support to the Pakistani people every year over the next five years - resources that will build schools, roads, and hospitals, and strengthen Pakistan 's democracy."

I gotta point out his expert use of 9/11 celebrations. Again. (apologies for the redundancy). He began and ended his speech using that day, not counting the several references throughout.

(beginning)
"the terrorists who planned and supported the 9/11 attacks - are in Pakistan and Afghanistan."

(end)
"The United States of America did not choose to fight a war in Afghanistan . Nearly 3,000 of our people were killed on September 11, 2001, for doing nothing more than going about their daily lives."

Marvelous oratory emotionally torpedoed jab!

I was not surprised to see him repeat the strategy of staying the course. It's a great improvement to admit fuck ups while staying the course:

"Going forward, we will not blindly stay the course. Instead, we will set clear metrics to measure progress and hold ourselves accountable."

Was anyone surprised when he referenced the fantasy version of Iraq? He claimed iraq is an example of how we can succeed in afghanistan but the only problem is he has not defined success nor acknowledged we installed an Islamic Theocracy and our Troops are stilled being killed.

All I can say is if Obama gets elected I sure hope he keeps his word to change our dismal policies that have engendered endless occupations.

This was an opportunity to stir the passion of America. As I said in another thread this was like NASCAR. Left turn, left turn, left turn, left turn, left turn crash!

What is the crash? In the three part plan element two was raise a strong Afghani Army. Not an attainable goal. This is a tribal region with no loyalty outside that group. An epic failure to recognize how that country works.

Part three relies on Pakistan partnering with us to root out terrorists. These are the same people we have had to work with for eight years to do the same goal. No game changer is on the table.

Finally, the other element was rallying America behind the war. You lost a big chunk when you say we are going to continue. Then you give no end date, but a vague ten years is too long. There is another significant group who is not inspired.

The real test at my house was when my wife got up during the speech and finished the dishes. She doesn't really like doing dishes, so it was a good indicator that Obama lost her interest and certainly did not inspire her with the war effort.

Last edited:

What else did you expect him to say? He has to give a timetable to justify escalating the war. What difference does it make what happens then? It's not like he's the Prez of a nation of citizens who actually pay attention and participates in the representative Republic.

It just shows that OBAMA played to you...he appeased YOU of sorts without giving YOU what you wanted definitively...

But yet you don't seem the least bit sorry that YOU (Among others) have elected a WEAK...Limp-Wristed Moron BOY to POTUS. But yet you seem to enjoy him LYING to you.

WHY is that?

What he is saying is Bush was right.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back