Well.. Old DD is biting the bullet, taking the plunge....

DiamondDave

Army Vet
Jun 30, 2008
MD, on the Potomac River
Well... after 5 years of divorce and being the best single dad I can be to my 2 teenage daughters.... I am getting out of the singles pool and back into the midst of the loyal committed married man.... Got extremely lucky with running into an old female friend I was stationed with in my military days. We had not seen each other for years, got in touch to catch up, sparks flew, and that was all she wrote...

Already has been discussion about it, and I already know the answer is yes.... now it's just doing what I have to do...

Incredible Ring - Check
Show respect and honor by asking her father - Check
Memorable plan for the formal proposal - Check
Plans for going to Vegas with the close family to do it - Check
Necessary money - Check
Plans for the long honeymoon - Check
Even more necessary money - Check

Never thought I would do it again... but I am a happy man.... And for those who don't believe in second chances, pffffffffffttttttt.....

uh oh...not to be the naysayer here...but damn it dd.....you jumped into the dating pool...pulled up a familiar fish and its all over? i would so be giving this a lot more thought....let the bloom leave the rose as they say and see if you are still all about this marriage....

with that said...rush right in .....congrads....

I say pffffffffffttttttt..... to people who are to chickenshit to try marriage again. Good for you Dave.
But will be expecting pics.

Well... after 5 years of divorce and being the best single dad I can be to my 2 teenage daughters.... I am getting out of the singles pool and back into the midst of the loyal committed married man.... Got extremely lucky with running into an old female friend I was stationed with in my military days. We had not seen each other for years, got in touch to catch up, sparks flew, and that was all she wrote...

Already has been discussion about it, and I already know the answer is yes.... now it's just doing what I have to do...

Incredible Ring - Check
Necessary money - Check

Never thought I would do it again... but I am a happy man.... And for those who don't believe in second chances, pffffffffffttttttt.....

I'm excited for you Diamond Dave....I love to see ppl follow their dreams...:clap2:

Incredible Ring - Check
Necessary money - Check

You poor bastard. Save yourself a lot of hassle. Just find a woman you hate and give her your house.

Thats cool man, congratulations. I also think its good you knew her back from your Military days, you already have alot to talk about.

Incredible Ring - Check
Necessary money - Check

Congrats!!!!!

Two suggestions:

Use humor to deal with all problems.

Words of wisdom given to us by an older gent:
Always remember when there is a disagreement that you want to end to say:
I'm sorry
I understand
I will try to do better

If you use humor to say those, it will not only "end" the disagreement, but will help both of you to laugh!

Congratulations! I hope the two of you, and your expanded family are incredibly happy!

Forum List

Back