Well now that Obama has said to "SHUT IT DOWN" rather then have a CR I guess that

Robert

Really nice Guy
Mar 21, 2011
Pretty much kills any and all argument on who is responsible doesn't it.

SHUTDIT DOWN

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4M63xaswWA"]Just saying [/ame]

Last edited:
Well den, mebbe dey shouldn't have to fight during the gov't. shutdown...
:cool:
Soldiers Won’t Get Paid Under Government Shutdown, Medicare Payments Would Continue, Obama Administration Determines
Wednesday, April 06, 2011 – Soldiers will continue to earn money but not be paid during a government shutdown, a senior Obama administration official said.
“Military will continue to work as I described earlier,” the official said. “They will continue to earn money during this period of time. Given that we do not have any money to pay out, they will not be paid. They will not receive their paychecks until we have money again and Congress appropriates.” The White House is preparing for a possible government shutdown by Friday, as the current continuing resolution that is keeping the government running in lieu of a 2011 budget, expires at the end of the week. The official told reporters that President Barack Obama hopes to avoid a shutdown, but that the White House has put a plan in place to prepare federal agencies for a shutdown.

House Republicans offered a continuing resolution that would fund the Department of Defense for the rest of fiscal year 2011, but fund the rest of the government for one week to give more time for negotiations and ensure the defense money is not cut off. The continuing resolution would include $515.8 billion in base funding for the Department of Defense, a 2.9 percent reduction from the president’s fiscal year 2011 request, and a $7.6 billion, or 1.5 percent, increase over last year’s level, according to the House Appropriations Committee.

Further, the temporary funding bill would provide $157.8 billion for overseas operations and includes $126.4 billion for military personnel, providing for 1,432,400 active duty and 846,200 reserve troops. Military personnel would be paid for the current pay period, but if a government shutdown extends beyond April 15, military paychecks would be impacted, but they would get backpay once military funding is restored, said Josh Holly, a spokesman for the House Armed Services Committee.

House Armed Services Committee Chairman Rep. Buck McKeon (R-Calif.) is working to ensure that military pay does not become a political bargaining chip, Holly said. “They would get the pay. The problem is they wouldn't get it when they plan on getting it,” McKeon said in a press conference Monday. “I don't even want to contemplate that because to think we would have our young men and women over on the front lines putting their lives on the line with their families at home with bills to pay that don't get their paycheck – I just think that's really going too far. I think we are mature enough to get this thing fixed.”

MORE

Forum List

Back