Well, not a joke, but a funny question...will the Progressives demand the end of Mothers Day? :)

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
As Mothers Day fast approaches, is this a day that could be on the crosshairs of the Progressives?

I say it in jest, but sadly, one never knows

I hope you're right. There is an assumption of Gender though isn't there? Or can Mother be interchangeable regardless?

Also, there is the issue of Matriarchy. Mother is offensive to the men, the childless etc. I am willing to bet there is a social group or govt funded study somewhere in California discussing this very issue.

I hope you're right. There is an assumption of Gender though isn't there? Or can Mother be interchangeable regardless?

Also, there is the issue of Matriarchy. Mother is offensive to the men, the childless etc. I am willing to bet there is a social group or govt funded study somewhere in California discussing this very issue.
I would like to see dad get a little more credit than he does but not by taking it away from mom. I know very few people who do not love mom. It is safe. As far as same sex stuff goes I do n ot concern myself with things that realy do not effect me. Same sex marriage will never out number regular marriage. No worries.

As Mothers Day fast approaches, is this a day that could be on the crosshairs of the Progressives?

They already are calling for it to end. It does not honor s/he males and is bigoted because you have to have given birth to be a mother.

My Ma told me a long time ago not to get her anything cause she has everything she needs, but I still got here a bouquet of weed, about a quarter pound..

Kind of a paradoxical question since the origin of Mother's Day dates to right smack-dab in the middle of the Progressive Era, first observed 1908 and codified 1911, after Congress protested that if it proclaimed a Mother's Day it would have to also proclaim a Mother-in-Law Day.

But the Progressives were the philosophy du jour that put it there in the first place.

I get the inkling that a lot of wags around here don't get that Progressives were here and gone a century ago. So even if there's one still left walking around at the age of 140, I doubt they'll be doing away with their own era's idea. That just makes no sense.

Last edited:

What "issue of Matriarchy" would this be then? Did you mean menarche?

The issue is that most on the right are indeed ignorant as to what a ‘progressive’ is.

Rump Praises Mom on Mother's Day While Forgetting his Children Have Three More

>> President Donald Trump praised his late mother as “incredible” in a Mother’s Day video on Sunday but made no mention of his wife, Melania, who’s the mother of his youngest son.

Nor did he mention his two ex-wives, with whom he had four other children, in a message posted to Twitter.

Trump recognized the holiday as “one of the most important days of the year,” calling it “a special opportunity to honor all of the mothers and grandmothers in our lives.” <<
Yet not the ones that are still very much alive and surround him. Oops.

>> “She was just incredible,” he said of his late mother, Mary MacLeod Trump, an immigrant from Scotland. “Warm, loving, really smart, could be tough if she had to be, but basically she was a really nice person.

So much of what I’ve done and so much of what I’ve become is because of my mother" <<​

A scathing indictment, but if she was really a nice person, apparently not so much.

>> First lady Melania Trump has made motherhood her primary role in the White House. Along with caring for the couple’s 12-year-old son, Barron, she is focusing on children through her “Be Best” campaign.

Last week, she reflected on the enormous amount of work that goes into being a mom at an event for military mothers at the White House. <<

Of course, for her birthday he got her "a card" and that was just last month, so she should be happy with that and make him a sammich.

Forum List

Back