Well it's official I am now on strike!!!

Trinity

VIP Member
Jun 16, 2004
I have had enough, my children are quite capable of taking care of themselves. However they insist on mommy do this and mommy do that, I can't get it I'm to tired. These are the excuses they give me because they are to lazy to get up and get something themselves. So as of tonight I have officially gone on strike if they need something to eat or drink they can get it, their clothes in the morning for school they can do that too. They only things I will be doing for them is taking them back and forth to school ( because they do not ride the school bus. my choice)and making dinner (because they are to young to use the stove) and if they don't like dinner, tough shit make something else. I have a couple of spoiled, self centered, little brats. My youngest is under the impression that when he asks me for something and says please that means I should jump immediatly and get it. NOT! So it is time for some old fashion tough love.

I guess I should give thanks to whoever posted the thread about the other parent's that went on strike. Hopefully this works for my guy's! Unfortunatley I can not move out onto the driveway because my kid's are to young and it is way to cold outside. I think the high tomorrow is suppose to be 36, with winds at 40 mph.

khafley said:
I have had enough, my children are quite capable of taking care of themselves. However they insist on mommy do this and mommy do that, I can't get it I'm to tired. These are the excuses they give me because they are to lazy to get up and get something themselves. So as of tonight I have officially gone on strike if they need something to eat or drink they can get it, their clothes in the morning for school they can do that too. They only things I will be doing for them is taking them back and forth to school ( because they do not ride the school bus. my choice)and making dinner (because they are to young to use the stove) and if they don't like dinner, tough shit make something else. I have a couple of spoiled, self centered, little brats. My youngest is under the impression that when he asks me for something and says please that means I should jump immediatly and get it. NOT! So it is time for some old fashion tough love.

I guess I should give thanks to whoever posted the thread about the other parent's that went on strike. Hopefully this works for my guy's! Unfortunatley I can not move out onto the driveway because my kid's are to young and it is way to cold outside. I think the high tomorrow is suppose to be 36, with winds at 40 mph.

Good Luck! Don't expect changes over night! Kids like to do things for themselves, with a little encouragement of course.

Said1 said:
Good Luck! Don't expect changes over night! Kids like to do things for themselves, with a little encouragement of course.

Thanks, I'm going to need all the luck I can get! I'm hoping we only need to do this for about a week and then they realize that they can help out more and do things for themselves.

khafley said:

Hah! They might just be old enough for you to move to the driveway.. 2 trips outside, and I guarantee they remember to put coats on. :D:D

Shattered said:
Hah! They might just be old enough for you to move to the driveway.. 2 trips outside, and I guarantee they remember to put coats on. :D:D

:clap1: That's true!

khafley said:
:clap1: That's true!

...From there, you can move on to "Well, it's a lot easier (and warmer) to do it yourself, than to come all the way out to the driveway to get me - and be told to do it yourself anyway. :D

If you can survive the younger years they are a delite to have around when they get let's say "20". Don't get me wrong they are a delite at any age but they can be your friend as they get older. I wish I had had more than one. I have 5 brothers and sisters and now that I am older it is wonderful. My daughter is an only child and she will never know what it is like to have a brother or sister. I could kick myself for not having more. But, I thought I can't afford to have more, I just want to ONE to spoil. Wrong decision.

Said1 said:
Is this day thre Khafley? How's the battle going?

Actually way better then I expected, they both drug their feet yesterday morning when I woke them up and reminded them I was on strike, they moaned and griped but eventually got over it, they got their own clothes out , got dressed, made their own breakfast, got all of their things together and loaded up in the car for school and I told them how proud I was of both of them, I said see I knew you could do it. They both just kinda snarled at me and said how long do we have to do this for? I said the rest of your life.

repeat of above this morning however not as much gripeing as yesterday.

This afternoon they have been begging me, please mom we understand and appreciate you now. :thewave:

I told them since they have done such a wonderful job, that I would work out a compromise with them so the deal is they have to get up and get them selves ready for school and I will make them breakfast. Will see how things go from here to determine if I go back on strike!

It is better all around to get them used to doing things on their own. I think they are more confident that way. I have been working on this with Jacob. A little with Savannah,but since she is 4,I really need to do most things for her. Although,she likes doing things for herself. For instance,she can microwave her own kids meal. Problem is,shethinks everything goes on 30 seconds,no matter what it is. If I try to set the right time-I get yelled at. I have to sneak :bj2:

Forum List

Back