Well Is It Just Me

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
or does George Clooney look really really pissed off tonight?.. If looks could kill old Alec Baldwin would be done for.

All I saw of George was him running up and down the fence schmoozing the crowd.

Which actually makes him a good businessman. God knows he can't act.

What did Monique's Best Supporting Actress acceptance speech mean?

"About the performance and not the politics"? Does that mean she's saying she won because she gave the best performance? That if someone else had won it would have been about politics?

The first sounds conceited, the second like a slap in the face. Am I missing something here? I haven't seen the film 'Precious', so maybe it's got something to do with that. Very odd thing to say.

"About the performance and not the politics"? Does that mean she's saying she won because she gave the best performance? That if someone else had won it would have been about politics?

The first sounds conceited, the second like a slap in the face. Am I missing something here? I haven't seen the film 'Precious', so maybe it's got something to do with that. Very odd thing to say.

I'm sorry to say I missed that one, was chasing centipede's damn it's a busy life.. :eusa_shhh:

I'm sorry to say I missed that one, was chasing centipede's damn it's a busy life.. :eusa_shhh:

You're not missing much.

It's because studio's pimp out their stars and movies that are nominated, and do all kinds of 'favors' to try and get the votes. This was a 'little' movie made with a low budget compared to all the block busters, without any big stars, like say, Sandra Bullock.

No, you nailed it. It was an ingracious, decidedly un-humble and quite conceited piece of crap.

Her whole speech was a black power fist in the air.....and every black person in the audience held back from pumping their fist, as it would have been inappropriate, indelicate and made them all look like Kanye West, only at the Oscars and not the MVA's.

No, you nailed it. It was an ingracious, decidedly un-humble and quite conceited piece of crap.

Her whole speech was a black power fist in the air.....and every black person in the audience held back from pumping their fist, as it would have been inappropriate, indelicate and made them all look like Kanye West, only at the Oscars and not the MVA's.

I do hope that's not the case. Echo (or I guess I should say Echeaux) has another explanation which I think makes sense.

I've got to say that I don't like Monique, but the clips that they showed made it clear that she really can act.

George and Alex are just playing with each other.

Clooney isn't pissed, he always looks like that unless he's smilling.

Anyone else think that a majority of the women's hair looks awful? Is the 'wind-tunnel' look in this year?

Was glad that Michael Giacchino won for music. Love his stuff.

Last edited:
My sister and I watched the pre-show with the volume turned off.

It's much more entertaining that way, and we don't have to get all pissed off at the idiotic things that are said.

Who watches that crap anyway?
People Magazine afficianados?

Not me.
I watched about 5 minutes of red carpet .. "Oh that dress is just horrible for her!" bullshit and had to shut it off.
Personally, I don't give a rat's ass about celebrities. They bore me, as does their lives.

I think the folks that watch the Oscars annually are folks who already live vicariously throught the lives of celebrities anyway.

Dont' get me wrong, I do love the dresses and jewelry and hairstyles ... I'd just have to watch the entire show with the volume turned down.

Please, I meant no offensive to ANY USMB member who tuned in to watch.

Not me.
I watched about 5 minutes of red carpet .. "Oh that dress is just horrible for her!" bullshit and had to shut it off.
Personally, I don't give a rat's ass about celebrities. They bore me, as does their lives.

I think the folks that watch the Oscars annually are folks who already live vicariously throught the lives of celebrities anyway.

Dont' get me wrong, I do love the dresses and jewelry and hairstyles ... I'd just have to watch the entire show with the volume turned down.

oh bullshit, I watched it cause I wanna know which movies are the best. I go very vewy infrequently to a movie. I will go see The Hurt Locker and The Jeff Bridges movie though.

Not me.

oh bullshit, I watched it cause I wanna know which movies are the best. I go very vewy infrequently to a movie. I will go see The Hurt Locker and The Jeff Bridges movie though.

Let me rephrase ... I think many of the folks ....

I work with some people who live and breathe celebrities. They could tell me just about anything that going on in thiers lives. It's sickening.

ahhh even worse than the clowns who watched it...are the people like me..reading thread on an event we didnt watch and mocking those who did....

i dont know about yall...but one should feel equally or more sillie....

Not me.

Yeah, OK.

Not me.

Let me rephrase ... I think many of the folks ....

I work with some people who live and breathe celebrities. They could tell me just about anything that going on in thiers lives. It's sickening.

Bit more like it.

Forum List

Back