Well, I Finally Did It

George Costanza

A Friendly Liberal
Mar 10, 2009
Los Angeles area.
Well, I finally did it. I don't know what came into me - I have been resisting this for YEARS. Five minutes ago, I actually installed an Adobe Acrobat Reader update. I'm not kidding. I actually did.

Of course, I anticipate the next time I look at my desktop, there is going to be that same, annoying, always-present, red and white notification that yet another Adobe update is "ready to be installed."

But I don't care. I did it. I don't plan to do it again - ever. But, this one time, I did it.

Well, I finally did it. I don't know what came into me - I have been resisting this for YEARS. Five minutes ago, I actually installed an Adobe Acrobat Reader update. I'm not kidding. I actually did.

Of course, I anticipate the next time I look at my desktop, there is going to be that same, annoying, always-present, red and white notification that yet another Adobe update is "ready to be installed."

But I don't care. I did it. I don't plan to do it again - ever. But, this one time, I did it.
Here's some alternatives,

6 Free PDF Readers to Replace Adobe Reader || Free Software

I'm using Sumatrapdf.

Last edited:
Adobe is evil.
Ugh....anyone in the print/design industry has grown to hate Adobe as they have taken over graphic design software completely in the past 5 years with InDesign.
Just like Microsoft they release unneeded trumped up "updates" that cost $100's per copy.
And, like Microsoft, make sure you can't open a newer version.
I hate, hate, hate Adobe.

Next up, we need to get you off of dial up and AOL!
Congrats!:clap2:

You be sooooo brave George!
The updates are painless and quick btw.

Am truly laughing out loud at that one - well played! :clap2:

I'll have you know, sir, that I have a very fast, DSL connection to my home. So I don't have any trouble at all accessing my AOL email.

And you thought I was living in the Dark Ages. Hah!

Am truly laughing out loud at that one - well played! :clap2:

I'll have you know, sir, that I have a very fast, DSL connection to my home. So I don't have any trouble at all accessing my AOL email.

And you thought I was living in the Dark Ages. Hah!

Well you do have an AOL email.. so can you blame him for thinking you live in the Dark Ages? :)

If it's been more than 5 minutes, Acrobat needs to update.

If you ever get tired of it;

Secure PDF Reader

Forum List

Back