Well I Fianlly Took The Plunge...

Charter Member
May 8, 2004
Podunk, WI
Yesterday I signed papers on a brand new Harley Davidson. A Thirty Fifth Anniversary Super Glide. Of the HUNDREDS of bikes we get each year, we have been alotted THREE of these bikes. ONE of them is MINE! It won't however, come in until October, so I'll have to post different pictures of it when I actually get it. I expect this bike to be an instant colletors item, and actually increase in value. Here's a picture of it off the Harley Davidson website...

2006_FXDI35.jpg

Pale, I know this is probably NOT the adjective you want, but it's a pretty bike and in my fav colors. :usa: Congratulations!

Kathianne said:
Pale, I know this is probably NOT the adjective you want, but it's a pretty bike and in my fav colors. :usa: Congratulations!

Coming from a woman's perspective, pretty is just fine Kathianne, and I like the red, white and blue also. The first time I saw a picture of this bike, I knew I was going to buy one. It's a very limited production bike, so it's destined to be a collector. I can't imagine ever selling this bike in my life time either. If I want another bike, this one will get stored, and I'll buy another bike. This one is a keeper.

Pale Rider said:
Coming from a woman's perspective, pretty is just fine Kathianne, and I like the red, white and blue also. The first time I saw a picture of this bike, I knew I was going to buy one. It's a very limited production bike, so it's destined to be a collector. I can't imagine ever selling this bike in my life time either. If I want another bike, this one will get stored, and I'll buy another bike. This one is a keeper.

If you ever ride it to Chicago/Midwest, let me know! If you have a helmet, I'll ride a bit-if you drive. :laugh:

Kathianne said:
If you ever ride it to Chicago/Midwest, let me know! If you have a helmet, I'll ride a bit-if you drive. :laugh:

In the bike business working as a technician, summertime vacations are out of the question. That's one bad thing about it. We miss all the good rides, i.e., Sturgis. So a ride to Chicago-land, (I used to live in Wisconsin not far from Chicago), in the later part of the year would be one cold ride.

I am planning a trip back to Wisco though maybe sometime late next year. I would load up the bike and take it regardless of the time. I have lots of friends back there who'd love to see it, not to mention maybe there'd be nice weather and we'd be able to ride.

And yes, it would be fun to get together with a fellow board member and shoot the breeze, maybe pound a couple cold ones, AND give you a ride on the Harley. And you wouldn't need to worry about getting scared, because cruising on a Harley is all about style and prestige, not winning races... :beer:

Pale Rider said:
In the bike business working as a technician, summertime vacations are out of the question. That's one bad thing about it. We miss all the good rides, i.e., Sturgis. So a ride to Chicago-land, (I used to live in Wisconsin not far from Chicago), in the later part of the year would be one cold ride.

I am planning a trip back to Wisco though maybe sometime late next year. I would load up the bike and take it regardless of the time. I have lots of friends back there who'd love to see it, not to mention maybe there'd be nice weather and we'd be able to ride.

And yes, it would be fun to get together with a fellow board member and shoot the breeze, maybe pound a couple cold ones, AND give you a ride on the Harley. And you wouldn't need to worry about getting scared, because cruising on a Harley is all about style and prestige, not winning races... :beer:

Ah one-time fellow Midwesterner and behind the Cheddar Curtain too! It would be fun, let me know!

Kathianne said:
Ah one-time fellow Midwesterner and behind the Cheddar Curtain too! It would be fun, let me know!

I've been told that you can lower your cholesterol by not eating as much and/or not eating cheese at all... well... that's totally out of the question. I love cheese... :rock:

And what I meant when I said "load up the bike", I meant I'd "load it up in the truck".

But you bet. When I head that direction for a visit, I'll give you a holler.

Pale Rider said:
I've been told that you can lower your cholesterol by not eating as much and/or not eating cheese at all... well... that's totally out of the question. I love cheese... :rock:

And what I meant when I said "load up the bike", I meant I'd "load it up in the truck".

But you bet. When I head that direction for a visit, I'll give you a holler.

Cool, I'll be hopin for a cool-not cold late fall! :laugh:

Bonnie said:
Wowy Pale!! And you don't have helmet laws there? Or maybe they do now?

Yeah we do. It's odd though. I didn't wear a helmet for decades, because neither Wisconsin or Montana have helmet laws. But since I've been here and wearing a helmet, and considering how maniacle the idiots around here drive, I kind of feel OK about wearing one.

Pale Rider said:
Yeah we do. It's odd though. I didn't wear a helmet for decades, because neither Wisconsin or Montana have helmet laws. But since I've been here and wearing a helmet, and considering how maniacle the idiots around here drive, I kind of feel OK about wearing one.

Are you worried at all about the REST of your body?

http://www.outbackmedic.com/outbackmedicabrasion1.jpg
http://www.maigh.com/photos/kev_rr.jpg
http://www.pegmonkey.com/files/images/80030363dac937b6133bc17ab2ae94d2-112.jpg
?

:( gear-up, brother...

-=d=- said:

Absolutely! I have a leather jacket and leather chaps. Both are Harley leather and really thick. I also always, even now during the summer, wear a good leather glove. My favorite pair is my gauntlets. So now, from test rides, I have this real tan spot from my sleaves down to where the gauntlets come to past my wrists on my arms. Looks kinda dumb. But it's a short ride, so I don't wear any leather, but I ALWAYS wear gloves. I don't feel right riding without gloves, even when it's hot. Just something you get used to I guess.

But I hear ya... protection is VERY important. I CRINGE every time I see people riding in shorts, tenny's and a tank top. :eek2: :cuckoo:

Yeah.... find a prettier bike than that. Granted, beauty is in the eye of the beholder......

0_025.jpg

Forum List

Back