"Well I Don't Think US Policy Should Be Written To Appease YOUR Particular Sense Of..

MarcATL

Diamond Member
Aug 12, 2009
"Well I don't think US policy should be written to appease YOUR particular sense of spite"

It's restaurant week here in Baltimore. Extended from last week, I met with a few LayDees and one LayDee's new hubby at one of our Ruth's Chris for some din din that benefits a good cause. The conversation turned to healthcare. My friend's new hubby started the GOP mantra, "Well I don't want to see MY tax dollars go to help some woman who won't get off her ass and work for a living" He went on to say how he was in back of a woman in a grocery store who used food stamps and then got into a waiting nicer car, blah blah blah..."Well I don't think US policy should be written to appease YOUR sense of spite". I told him and my girlfriend to go quit their jobs and go on welfare if they think it's such a high fallutin' lifestyle.

I am not kidding, I watched his face change. By now, the tables around us are noticing, but we weren't screaming or anything. (The FAB-ulous gay couple sitting within arm's reach were even rooting for me). He then starting changing his stance to the "how are we gonna pay for it" mantra, and I asked how we're gonna pay for HMO CEO's hourly wage of $100,000.00 when the CEO demands a raise and a bonus.

Rationed care, he says. (The mo's are waving at me and texting, waving and texting. Hillarious) It *IS* rationed care now AND we ARE paying for it now. It's only gonna get worse if we don't DO something.

"Well I don't want the gov't between me and my doctor". I retort, "yeah, you just want that CEO and his his bean counters between you and your doctor". I'm throwing $100,000.00 per hour around like it's pizza dough. AND "Well I don't think US policy should be written to appease YOUR sense of spite"

Lather. Rinse. Repeat. Clean the lies. We don't want grandma's choice be between real food or a can of alpo because that CEO needs a(nother) yacht. Again, the $100,000.00 per hour. I'm repeating this over and over and over because it was GETTING somewhere with them. For real.

The booth backing to ours actually interrupted. The lady at that table asked about the $100,000.00 per hour number and was I sure. I said yes I was, and I believe it was United Healthcare. Her son gets out his iphone and tells her he can look it up. We comment that we love the way their food looks, with "Oh, what this and that" typical restaurant jargon.

We go back to our table talk and banter, and not just healthcare. A while later, we hear the exclamation, "Mah, that guy makes a little bit MORE than $100,000.00 per hour. LOOK." He hands her his phone. My friend sitting across from me notices that everyone around us started taking out their phones and looking this up. The lady at that booth said, "She might not think US policy should be written to appease their particular sense of spite, but *I* don't think it should appease that guy's bank account"

I came home all fired up to post about this, because I was still pretty upset at the vindictiveness behind "not wanting to see" someone 'get' healthcare. There was a lot of "I work and I PAY for MY health insurance, and I want to know people are PAYING for theirs". It is so spiteful. Anyway this is what I now say to people who spew this, and this OP is my way of letting it out.

A Friend Of Mine said:
Story recounted earlier tonight from an outing that occured earlier tonight.

My friend really pwned the guy and actually taught the eaves-droppers a thing or two.

People are wising up.

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Nice post.

Even if Repubs kept the self centered approach and really thought about it... they'd realize that health care reform is about lowering their premiums and puttomg more money in their pockets. At the same time it's mandatory for us to do otherwise we're going to lose more businesses that are going over the border to Canada because health care costs are cheaper for them (which is happening at an alarming rate), and we're going to sink this country to the bottom with unrecoverable debt.

People who can only see to the tip of their own noses usually need to be personally effected by the issue to have a reasoned opinion on it. Otherwise, they just regurgitate the propaganda because that's all they know how to do.

oih shit, not the "the GOP wants your gramma to eat dog food" shit again
and here i thought the dems/libs didnt engage in fear mongering

Hell, if true conservatives had been making policy the last decade Social Security wouldn't be in such a mess in the first place.

Hell, if true conservatives had been making policy the last decade Social Security wouldn't be in such a mess in the first place.

Ronald Reagan saved social security, KK.

You want to know how he did that?

He increased SS taxes considerably.

When I started paying into SS, they took about 1% of working people's salaries

Post reagan the rate is about 7% of peoples gross salaries...and of course the employers ALSO pay another 7%.

Social security isn't in trouble...thanks to Reagan and his increased taxes... on employees and employers

Last edited:

Where are any of these so-called true conservatives? Have you seen any?

Post reagan the rate is about 7% of peoples gross salaries...and of course the employers ALSO pay another 7%.

Social security isn't in trouble...thanks to Reagan and his increased taxes... on employees and employers

Aaah ... but it is because it's been raided since and still is. ;)

"Well I don't think US policy should be written to appease YOUR particular sense of spite"

It's restaurant week here in Baltimore. Extended from last week, I met with a few LayDees and one LayDee's new hubby at one of our Ruth's Chris for some din din that benefits a good cause. The conversation turned to healthcare. My friend's new hubby started the GOP mantra, "Well I don't want to see MY tax dollars go to help some woman who won't get off her ass and work for a living" He went on to say how he was in back of a woman in a grocery store who used food stamps and then got into a waiting nicer car, blah blah blah..."Well I don't think US policy should be written to appease YOUR sense of spite". I told him and my girlfriend to go quit their jobs and go on welfare if they think it's such a high fallutin' lifestyle.

I am not kidding, I watched his face change. By now, the tables around us are noticing, but we weren't screaming or anything. (The FAB-ulous gay couple sitting within arm's reach were even rooting for me). He then starting changing his stance to the "how are we gonna pay for it" mantra, and I asked how we're gonna pay for HMO CEO's hourly wage of $100,000.00 when the CEO demands a raise and a bonus.

Rationed care, he says. (The mo's are waving at me and texting, waving and texting. Hillarious) It *IS* rationed care now AND we ARE paying for it now. It's only gonna get worse if we don't DO something.

"Well I don't want the gov't between me and my doctor". I retort, "yeah, you just want that CEO and his his bean counters between you and your doctor". I'm throwing $100,000.00 per hour around like it's pizza dough. AND "Well I don't think US policy should be written to appease YOUR sense of spite"

Lather. Rinse. Repeat. Clean the lies. We don't want grandma's choice be between real food or a can of alpo because that CEO needs a(nother) yacht. Again, the $100,000.00 per hour. I'm repeating this over and over and over because it was GETTING somewhere with them. For real.

The booth backing to ours actually interrupted. The lady at that table asked about the $100,000.00 per hour number and was I sure. I said yes I was, and I believe it was United Healthcare. Her son gets out his iphone and tells her he can look it up. We comment that we love the way their food looks, with "Oh, what this and that" typical restaurant jargon.

We go back to our table talk and banter, and not just healthcare. A while later, we hear the exclamation, "Mah, that guy makes a little bit MORE than $100,000.00 per hour. LOOK." He hands her his phone. My friend sitting across from me notices that everyone around us started taking out their phones and looking this up. The lady at that booth said, "She might not think US policy should be written to appease their particular sense of spite, but *I* don't think it should appease that guy's bank account"

I came home all fired up to post about this, because I was still pretty upset at the vindictiveness behind "not wanting to see" someone 'get' healthcare. There was a lot of "I work and I PAY for MY health insurance, and I want to know people are PAYING for theirs". It is so spiteful. Anyway this is what I now say to people who spew this, and this OP is my way of letting it out.

A Friend Of Mine said:
Story recounted earlier tonight from an outing that occured earlier tonight.

My friend really pwned the guy and actually taught the eaves-droppers a thing or two.

People are wising up.

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

so you haven't as yet explained the morality of 50% of the citizens of the US OF KKKA working their asses off to pay the way of the other 50% .

and the current rate is 8% from each
well actually, its 16% because the employer would pay you that 8% if he didnt have to send it to the government

Forum List

Back