Well Done, Mr. President

Yes...it was a very moving speech.

I think he was fighting back tears the whole time too...I could hear it in his voice from the beginning.

Awwwww....

*sniff*

Yes...it was a very moving speech.

I think he was fighting back tears the whole time too...I could hear it in his voice from the beginning.

Awwwww....

*sniff*

That is not the impression I had. I thought it was a good speech. I liked the way he talked about talking in a way that heals, not wounds. And I liked that he challenged us to live up to Christina's expectations.

His finest moment, no doubt.

He nailed it, and didn't use it for any agenda other than to heal and move forward.

This was, by far, the most Presidential he has ever been.

He nailed it, and didn't use it for any agenda other than to heal and move forward.

Glad to hear that. but to be fair, that wouldnt have been difficult to accomplish to this point.

You made me proud. You showed empathy and made many of us feel better. Thank you.

"One does not win by making others lose."

The speech left me with a feeling of hope, that maybe, just maybe, we can be united, instead of divided.

You made me proud. You showed empathy and made many of us feel better. Thank you.

The speech left me with a feeling of hope, that maybe, just maybe, we can be united, instead of divided.

Just maybe indeed.

Let me see how's Hannity responding to it.

*crossing my fingers he won't be ignant*

Did you need the President to give a speech to feel that way? Things must be worse than I realized in this world.

There is always hope. And we can always be united instead of divided. We just have to work at being the change we want to be in the world. If we stand and lift where we are, so to speak, we can do it.

Did you need the President to give a speech to feel that way? Things must be worse than I realized in this world.

There is always hope. And we can always be united instead of divided. We just have to work at being the change we want to be in the world. If we stand and lift where we are, so to speak, we can do it.

I'm talking about all the hate and finger pointing from the last few days, have you noticed that too?

Maybe now, people from BOTH SIDES can stop trying to play the "blame game" and move on.

Let's hope, eh?

I thought Obama was supposed to start uniting two years ago?

With the likes of yourself, Willow and Stephie around, that will never happen. All he can do is appeal to his constituants and the normal conservatives. The uber neocons can just move on over........

Why did the Great Unifier wait two years and until six people got their heads blown off?

This is not about him.

I'm talking about all the hate and finger pointing from the last few days, have you noticed that too?

Maybe now, people from BOTH SIDES can stop trying to play the "blame game" and move on.

Let's hope, eh?

I blame YOU for that observation!!!

Glad to hear that. but to be fair, that wouldnt have been difficult to accomplish to this point.
I'm sorry to have to point out that this is an attempt, whether consciously or unconsciously to diminish President Obama's speech and handling of the event. Especially considering that either you or others were predicting that he was going to be a divisive, political flop tonight.

I'm just making you aware of it...that is all.

:cool:

Forum List

Back