Well done France!

Montesquieu

Rookie
Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Well done France for banning the burqa.

No longer permitted, muslim women are protesting outside the French embassy in London.

The majority of the British population would like the opressive clothing banned there too.

Not much longer for the freedom of (certain) religions (unless they grow up).

They did those women a huge favor.

Who in their right mind would want to wear one of those things all the time? Especially in the Summer.

Bigots are generally cowards as Sarkozy demonstrates. Much easier to enact some useless dress code in a show of pretending to care about women than to actually do something about domestic violence or terrorism.

Who in their right mind would want to wear one of those things all the time? Especially in the Summer.

They did not. Now these women have become even more disenfranchised.

Disenfranchised?

They've been given a bit of freedom from opressive religious bullshit.

You think this will make it easier for those women who were not wearing the burka by choice to stop wearing it? Hardly. It will only force then to keep out of the public eye.

By suggesting France has done women some sort of favor by telling them how they must dress, you insult them.

Disenfranchised?

You think this will make it easier for those women who were not wearing the burka by choice to stop wearing it? Hardly. It will only force then to keep out of the public eye.

By suggesting France has done women some sort of favor by telling them how they must dress, you insult them.

And I'd bet there are plenty of Moslem living in France who are thankful they don't have to wear those things anymore and now they have a good reason not to.

Well done France for banning the burqa.

No longer permitted, muslim women are protesting outside the French embassy in London.

The majority of the British population would like the opressive clothing banned there too.

Not much longer for the freedom of (certain) religions (unless they grow up).

Welcome to the board, Montey...

But my opinion runs counter to most on the thread.

Except for covering the face, for identification, I would be opposed to our nation telling anyone what they could or could not wear.....

....I always thought the best way to stop drug use would be to show pics of what folks wore in the '60's.

It doesn't say in the Quran that a woman MUST wear a Burqa, so nobody should be offended right?

Burkas have been around since long before Islam.

But it's offensive that any woman should told she can't wear one for whatever reason she choses to wear one.

Disenfranchised?

And I'd bet there are plenty of Moslem living in France who are thankful they don't have to wear those things anymore and now they have a good reason not to.

They never had to wear them in the first place.

Ah, but oppression of women in general is what needs to be debated really.

The European Caliphate will not allow them to work, drive, wear what the want and restrict their education.

At least France (despite Sarkozy being a creep or not or an ex-Israeli agent) has started something that needs to spread.

Desole mes amies! J'habite a France en temps. A Saint-Tropez (c'est n'est pas ma maison) et pres de Limoges avec la Legion Etranger (pour deux semaines).

Ils sont tres amuse quand je demande une carte d'identification pour un homme et son voiture ici. "Nous sommes l'Armee Anglais et c'etait une exercise internationale, Monsieur...."

At which point they would drive off....

Sorry bout my French. "Ne pas de guerre aujourd hui!"

Sorry about not having an accents on this keyboard too!

Forum List

Back