Well...Brave Browser it was nice knowing you...

Haven't tried Opera in years, but I never liked the feel of it. Hard to pinpoint...just always seemed...uncoordinated and sterile
Didn't use to like Chrome, but it is pretty solid. That is what the wife uses.
I used Firefox for at least 10 years. But as the years went by it got bigger and bigger and can sit there and easily consume over a gig of RAM. That is ridiculous. What the hell is it doing when all I have open is gmail and USMB???
The latest version works well for me.

screenshot_394.png

Haven't tried Opera in years, but I never liked the feel of it. Hard to pinpoint...just always seemed...uncoordinated and sterile
I used Firefox for at least 10 years. But as the years went by it got bigger and bigger and can sit there and easily consume over a gig of RAM. That is ridiculous. What the hell is it doing when all I have open is gmail and USMB???

View attachment 186617

Well it is attractive looking that is for sure

View attachment 186617

Well it is attractive looking that is for sure
Firefox had a Firefox light browser which is now called Light browser. For Linux you could use Chromium. :dunno:

Forget the Light Browser, think it's no longer available.

Last edited:
We all need to switch back to Amiga
Christ that was a good OS....multi-tasking in 1986 with multiple windows open, that took M$ 11 more years.

No, it has nothing to do with the OS. But Dx is not preserving MS domination, it´s Windows´ market share as you already said. Dx on Linux would not change much, OpenGL is available.

Get serious.
OpenGL is half as good as Dx. And has 1/10th the resources to make it better, but that would still require game writers to write for both - not going to happen.
If Linux was a gaming platform OpenGL would get more attention too.
Yeah, so? :dunno:
Why not?
You tell me........ :eusa_whistle:
Think logic.

Get serious.
OpenGL is half as good as Dx. And has 1/10th the resources to make it better, but that would still require game writers to write for both - not going to happen.
If Linux was a gaming platform OpenGL would get more attention too.
Yeah, so? :dunno:
Why not?
You tell me........ :eusa_whistle:
Think logic.
All you've proven so far (since you've been on the board) is logic is subjective........ At least in your case.......

No as to why Linux is (currently) not a (complete) gaming platform? It's simple, it wasn't originally designed to be (like Windows wasn't either) and Windows got a major head start with better commercial marketing. Sure you can toss in that it (Linux) doen't have a very big private user market share but that has little to nothing to do with it these days. Hell, what retailer would intentionally cut off millions of potential customers and millions of dollars in revenue? Unless that retailer is heavily affiliated with the competition..........

Last edited:

View attachment 186618
We used Opera for a short period of time but Opera doesn't always play well with Gmail..........

We all need to switch back to Amiga
Christ that was a good OS....multi-tasking in 1986 with multiple windows open, that took M$ 11 more years.
The big advantage of console-like devices is that there are one to few hardware configurations and software can easily be optimized for this configuration. The disadvantage is that you ain´t gonna replace the CPU or GPU. But also current gaming consoles make proper graphics possible with low-end hardware provided by AMD.

I have been using Brave for quite sometime after being introduced by our own Ringel05
But alas, over the past few weeks it has been "freezing"...basically it acts as if there is no internet connection, no connectivity. However that is of course fine. Had another update Sunday, was hoping that would fix the problem but it has not.
Looking at their forum, this seems to have been an ongoing problem that inexplicably only happens to some users. But once it happens it doesn't stop. The only way to fix it is to restart the browser. But...I don't really want to do that 10 times a day.
I loved Firefox for so long, but it is SUCH a resource hog like the others. :mad:
\
Go back to a previous Firefox that worked for ya. Forget Flash, Eh, The best browser was Netscape Navigator 6, when you could string 9 anon proxies together and it worked as long as they all did.

I'm thinking 28-35-ish.

I am currently testing a Windows 7 in a VM that I have just found on the Internet. Its all about size here:

wormsqioto.jpg

Annoying:
- "Muhammad and his Computer Worms" place their names all over and must be removed manually.
- Automatic installation of some tools like utorrent and winrar must be terminated if not wanted - What did they think???

Good:
- Incredible low size of image and installation.
- Should activate automatically (note that the worms group has modified the loader)
- Nice visuals.

Dunno:
- Performance: Not yet tested since its in a VM.
- Modifies some Win files for no purpose explained.

Description:
Windows 7 Aero Blue Lite Edition 2016 (x64) Free Download

Additional source:
LOAD KOB ศูนย์รวม แห่งการดาวน์โหลด Windows โปรแกรมใหม่ อัพเดทก่อนใคร: Windows 7 Aero Blue Lite Edition 2016 (x64)

Disclaimer:
Any harm to anybody done by the use of this OS is out of my responsibility.

I gotta come back and bump my complete 180 on Brave.

I had my fill of molasses speed on the old unit and limited capacity on the work unit so got a new/old laptop with a much faster processor and running the ultra-modern Windows 7. :D Setting it up from scratch I thought -- continue with familiar Firefox? Cave with Chrome? Surf with Safari? Operate with Opera, which seems to be doing OK on the work unit?

How 'bout give Brave another try on a fresh unit without all the cobwebs. I can always wipe it out and go to Safari. Shouldn't take long.

Whoa. Completely different setup experience this time. I get a shortcut like a real program instead of having to hunt one down in a folder. And it zips like lightning, gives me all kinds of security shield options that are easily accessible -- even a ready way to disable auto-playing videos (which I hate) without having to go "about:config" and scroll down a long list. Easy peasy lemon squeezy. This thing is like BUTTAH. I can't think of anything it could improve except maybe it's a bit too orangey.

I'll try streaming a baseball game a bit later -- assuming that performs like everything else has so far, I'm completely finished with Firefox, concluding Chrome, suspending Safari, over Opera, and not even nattering about Netscape.

Thanks Ringel05 :thup:

I had my fill of molasses speed on the old unit and limited capacity on the work unit so got a new/old laptop with a much faster processor and running the ultra-modern Windows 7. :D Setting it up from scratch I thought -- continue with familiar Firefox? Cave with Chrome? Surf with Safari? Operate with Opera, which seems to be doing OK on the work unit?

How 'bout give Brave another try on a fresh unit without all the cobwebs. I can always wipe it out and go to Safari. Shouldn't take long.

Whoa. Completely different setup experience this time. I get a shortcut like a real program instead of having to hunt one down in a folder. And it zips like lightning, gives me all kinds of security shield options that are easily accessible -- even a ready way to disable auto-playing videos (which I hate) without having to go "about:config" and scroll down a long list. Easy peasy lemon squeezy. This thing is like BUTTAH. I can't think of anything it could improve except maybe it's a bit too orangey.

I'll try streaming a baseball game a bit later -- assuming that performs like everything else has so far, I'm completely finished with Firefox, concluding Chrome, suspending Safari, over Opera, and not even nattering about Netscape.

Brave apparently had some "growing pains", still does in some areas but they seemed to have ironed out the truly problematic ones and Brave usage is now growing in leaps and bounds. I'm giving it another shot myself and so far like what I see. I also have the search engine in Brave set to DuckDuckGo, just have to get used to the different look, etc.

Brave apparently had some "growing pains", still does in some areas but they seemed to have ironed out the truly problematic ones and Brave usage is now growing in leaps and bounds. I'm giving it another shot myself and so far like what I see. I also have the search engine in Brave set to DuckDuckGo, just have to get used to the different look, etc.

I'm still Bravin' and it's still workin'. It does have the occasional foible, f'rinstance if some site puts up a link to a Tweeter video I can't get it to run on the page but I can if I open in another tab. But it's efficient otherwise.

I started with DuckDuck but eventually migrated back to The Googles. DDC just didn't have the database Google does.

Forum List

Back