We'll bomb Tel Aviv if Beirut attacked

-Cp

Sep 23, 2004
Earth
Nasrallah: We'll bomb Tel Aviv if Beirut attacked

(VIDEO) In TV address, Hizbullah leader says terror group will respond to next Israeli strike in Beirut with rockets on Tel Aviv; Israel responds: Lebanese infrastructure will be destroyed if Tel Aviv is hit
Roee Nahmias.

Hizbullah leader Hassan Nasrallah threatened to bomb Tel Aviv during a TV address Thursday night, should Israel attack in Beirut. "If you indeed do this, I say this clearly. I won't use terms I used up to now, past Haifa, but I will say clearly and in a way that is not open to interpretation: If you bomb our capital we'll bomb your capital. We'll bomb Tel Aviv and we can do this."

A senior Israeli defense source told Israel's Channel 1 that Israel will destroy Lebanon's infrastructure if Hizbullah fires rockets at Tel Aviv.

During the speech, which was aired on al-Manar TV, Nasrallah discussed the 'importance' of ground battles by Hizbullah members against IDF units: "We are fighting against very heavy pressure and are fighting battles of heroism across the whole front." He added that his organization had many anti-tank weapons.

Nasrallah branded Prime Minister Ehud Olmert a "fool" for "declaring a victory too early." "He wants to look like (Ariel) Sharon, (Yitzhak) Rabin, and (Menachem) Begin. Ask him where the accomplishments are that he promised you," Nasrallah said. He added that he was following Israeli analysts.

Nasrallah mocked the commando raid in Baalbek: "There were two landings near Baalbek and not in the heart of Baalbek. They stormed a hospital and threw a grenade. Pay attention to the great gain, to search for injured fighters who they didn’t capture during the battle. They weren't there, they kidnapped five civilians and they are hostages. This is intelligence, this is the Mossad?"

Nasrallah added, "We all remember the heroic battles. There are tens of thousands of Israeli soldiers in the field and many tanks with them. They are facing soldiers standing with bravery and stopping the advance. The battle is still going on in front positions and it surprised the Zionists. The Israelis come to enter a village, so that Hizbullah fighters will run away, but up to now – the fighters remained to battle in the villages until the last bullet. Israel was surprised by the human factor. They are fighting against men willing to sacrifice."

This was Nasrallah's eighth television appearance since the kidnapping of soldiers on the northern border.

Forum List

Back