• A Viscious Cycle that breeds dependency

Votes: 19 42.2%
  • Private Charities can do it better

Votes: 4 8.9%
  • Necessary to Civilization

Votes: 12 26.7%

• Total voters
What makes you think they don't?

My guess is that most people on government welfare do indeed vote Democrat.

Immie
Feel free to prove it.

You are the one that made the claim, you prove it.

I know, I know, liberals such as yourself don't feel they need to prove anything.

You made the claim, the burden is upon you.

Immie

The whole point of this thread is a series of assertions by right wing posters that all people on assistance are dems ,that most poor people are dems, and that the dems are buying votes by not cutting welfare.

My response was 1) poor people have low voter turn out, and 2) there is no proof that poor people vote dem.

If you disagree, prove it.

Feel free to prove it.

You are the one that made the claim, you prove it.

I know, I know, liberals such as yourself don't feel they need to prove anything.

You made the claim, the burden is upon you.

Immie

The whole point of this thread is a series of assertions by right wing posters that all people on assistance are dems ,that most poor people are dems, and that the dems are buying votes by not cutting welfare.

My response was 1) poor people have low voter turn out, and 2) there is no proof that poor people vote dem.

If you disagree, prove it.

Serious question... Why would democrats want people to be on welfare?

Serious answer....people won't bite the hand that feeds them. If a person is comfortable on welfare and is work shy, they'll vote for those who promise even more hand outs.

That might be valid, if most people on assistance voted democrat.
Now you are changing the context?

Who said "all"?

You are the one making the claims (colored red for you) therefore the burden of proof is on you. I have to say though, that knowing the way liberals behave around here, you will avoid doing so. It's typical of liberals. Make the claim then call everyone who disagrees with them liars and demand that those who disagree with them prove them to be wrong.

It gets old after a while.

Immie

Last edited:
Nonsense and you know it.

It's impossible to prove one way or the other. Just because "you feel" all or most poor people just HAVE to vote dem, doesn't make the assertion true.

Then maybe you should not be so naive to make such an unproveable claim?

You just expect everyone to take your word for it because you are a liberal. Sorry, but it doesn't work that way.

Since you can't prove it, maybe you should take the statement back? I doubt you will do that.

Immie

It's impossible to prove one way or the other. Just because "you feel" all or most poor people just HAVE to vote dem, doesn't make the assertion true.

You just expect everyone to take your word for it because you are a liberal. Sorry, but it doesn't work that way.

Since you can't prove it, maybe you should take the statement back? I doubt you will do that.

Immie

Prove.It.

I already made a thread, calling all of the posters in this thread who, like you, seem to be under the impression that poor people are vastly democratic, to shut up or prove it.

Feel free to do what they couldn't, and prove it, until then, stop making false claims on what "you feel" must be so.

Serious answer....people won't bite the hand that feeds them. If a person is comfortable on welfare and is work shy, they'll vote for those who promise even more hand outs.

Immie

No way buddy. Welfare stems outside of city-dwelling homemakers which fit the stereotypical dem base profile I'm sure you're referring to. Hard to call this demo 'voters' to be honest. On a broader stroke, retired social security recipients and ssi/ssdi recipients are included on my welfare role-call. Nothing substantive distinguishes them from folks on AFDC. You think their vote is monopolized, or are you highly selective as to the particular teat folks suck on when you mean 'welfare'?

Whites on welfare are just like the rest, party-wise. Blacks are discriminated against and skew the numbers.

Thanks for the depression, and screwing the nonrich and the country for 30 years, Pubs.

does the OP presuppose there is a "law" preventing Charities from "do(ing) a better job of taking care of the less fortunate" at the present time - whether there is gov't assistance or not?

why are they not doing it now if that is a / the solution - or in fact they already are doing all they can and even with gov't assistance there still is not enough resources to meaningfully address the problem.

Charities and gov't assistance working together with adequate "funding" is the solution for depleting the welfare roles that likewise will expose the freeloaders to be managed as well.

Because the habit of reaching out to Uncle Sam has been too seeply ingrained

You do realize many charities actually help people get assistance from the government, right?

SOME charities are PARTIALLY funded by tax dollars, but the majority of their funding comes from private donations.

When I choose to go to one of those type charities it's because of their reputation as a Private charity, NOT because they offer tax-based support.

Immie

Prove.It.

I already made a thread, calling all of the posters in this thread who, like you, seem to be under the impression that poor people are vastly democratic, to shut up or prove it.

Feel free to do what they couldn't, and prove it, until then, stop making false claims on what "you feel" must be so.

Are you TDM dense?

You are the one that made the claim. Anyone with more brains than TDM knows that the burden of proof is upon the person that makes the claim.

You can't prove it? Then STFU, moron.

In other words, moron, you made the false claims that "you feel" that poor people are not vastly democratic either you prove it or STFU. I honestly did not believe there could be two people in this world who were as dense as Truthmatters. You've done a damned good job in proving that there are at least two, you and she.
Immie

Last edited:

You do realize many charities actually help people get assistance from the government, right?

SOME charities are PARTIALLY funded by tax dollars, but the majority of their funding comes from private donations.

When I choose to go to one of those type charities it's because of their reputation as a Private charity, NOT because they offer tax-based support.

And?

If they are partially funded by our dollars....they must NEED them to exist. Thanks, America.

No no, I'm not talking about tax funding. I'm saying charities know how to work the system better than your average American. If you go into a well established charity and say "Im in need" part of the assistance many of them give is to make sure you are signed up for and getting as much assistance from the government as you can.

I know it's just assumed now that everyone knows all the programs and pass the information to all other poor people, but that's just not the case. I used to volunteer for an organization that was mostly a food bank, but they did a bit of everything. One of the things they did was council people and get them on any and all programs they qualified for.

Immie

No way buddy. Welfare stems outside of city-dwelling homemakers which fit the stereotypical dem base profile I'm sure you're referring to. Hard to call this demo 'voters' to be honest. On a broader stroke, retired social security recipients and ssi/ssdi recipients are included on my welfare role-call. Nothing substantive distinguishes them from folks on AFDC. You think their vote is monopolized, or are you highly selective as to the particular teat folks suck on when you mean 'welfare'?

Sorry my friend, we are talking Welfare recipients, not people that paid into a system and are getting back bits and pieces of what they paid into.

As has been stated earlier in the thread, it is not likely that a person is going to bite the hand that feeds it. That is why Democrats concentrate on "buying" the votes of the poor. The Democrats have convinced the poor that a vote for a Republican is a vote to end Welfare, unions, Social Security etc. etc. etc. The poor are not likely to "bite the hand that they believe is feeding them".

In fact, we all receive benefits from the government; education, roads & bridges, SS, Unemployment comp if we are not working, etc. etc. etc., but the poor DEPEND on governmental support. The Democrats have worked very hard to convince the poor that only they care about them.

Yes, the poor vote is monopolized by the Democrats, because the Democrats are seen as the party of the little guy and the Republican idiots have allowed the Democrats to define what it means to be a Republican. The vast majority of the poor, especially the inner city poor vote Democrat and will continue to do so as long as Democrats are perceived as being for the little guy and Republicans are seen as being for the elite.

Immie

Immie

Sorry my friend, we are talking Welfare recipients, not people that paid into a system and are getting back bits and pieces of what they paid into.

As has been stated earlier in the thread, it is not likely that a person is going to bite the hand that feeds it. That is why Democrats concentrate on "buying" the votes of the poor. The Democrats have convinced the poor that a vote for a Republican is a vote to end Welfare, unions, Social Security etc. etc. etc. The poor are not likely to "bite the hand that they believe is feeding them".

In fact, we all receive benefits from the government; education, roads & bridges, SS, Unemployment comp if we are not working, etc. etc. etc., but the poor DEPEND on governmental support. The Democrats have worked very hard to convince the poor that only they care about them.

Yes, the poor vote is monopolized by the Democrats, because the Democrats are seen as the party of the little guy and the Republican idiots have allowed the Democrats to define what it means to be a Republican. The vast majority of the poor, especially the inner city poor vote Democrat and will continue to do so as long as Democrats are perceived as being for the little guy and Republicans are seen as being for the elite.

Immie
The lines between the Democratic and GOP base are more closely related to population density than income. Your position on pandering to the poor is mutual across both parties, as average to poor constitutes the majority of any parties take in the voter rolls. I

think you may have been hoodwinked with your take on the ssi vs. welfare thing, but you're free to consider those folk less poor or find more precise intents or purposes whereby they aren't sucking on a teat which working folks fill.

I just lump them all together like the government's H&HS does.

Forum List

Back