Welfare voter push? or Democrat vote buying?

Really? So you can't get welfare unless you are a citizen? And they check to make sure you are a citizen before they send out voter registration apps? I know people who are not citizens and are registered to vote they don’t check.

Depends on the state. Some states allow non-citizens to receive some form of welfare benifits.

I remember a story of one state that was apparently registering people who came to get their drivers license, whether they were citizens or not.

There is no state that I know of where you have to be a citizen to get welfare...None. You do have to be in the state for a minimal amount of time though and here in MI they don't ask if you are a citizen they just say "Would you like to register to vote" that’s it

Well a look a google says for most welfare assistance in your state, your required to be a citizen.

Depends on the state. Some states allow non-citizens to receive some form of welfare benifits.

I remember a story of one state that was apparently registering people who came to get their drivers license, whether they were citizens or not.

There is no state that I know of where you have to be a citizen to get welfare...None. You do have to be in the state for a minimal amount of time though and here in MI they don't ask if you are a citizen they just say "Would you like to register to vote" that’s it

Well a look a google says for most welfare assistance in your state, your required to be a citizen.

Maybe it's changed it used to be all legal residents could get assistance I remember my friends grandmother came here from Europe and she somehow got Social Security, she never worked here. I found this from Massachusetts although Obama is changing the rules be executive fiat

http://www.massresources.org/noncitizen-eligibility-for-public-benefits.html

You are ask if your are a citizen to get welfare, which includes your birth certificate, which you must provide.

Really? So you can't get welfare unless you are a citizen? And they check to make sure you are a citizen before they send out voter registration apps? I know people who are not citizens and are registered to vote they don’t check.

That, too, is part of the NVRA or "motor voter" law. Anyone getting a license is given a form. A non-citizen who completes the form is breaking the law not the DMV that supplies it.

Of course you wouldn't blame Obama..only when Romney has money in a company

Yes, when Mitt Romney has money in the company, is making the decisions and is benefitting from the results of them, do I hold him responsible.

As opposed to Solyndra, which got approval for government loans under Bush, and whose collapse was caused by lo-cost Chinese parts undercutting the market.

I almost feel sorry for people like you

Duly noted you couldn't answer the point.

There's a difference between a bad decision that hurts people and a bad decision where you still made out like a bandit when people got hurt.

And this is the Romney problem in a nutshell.

Yes it is, they're not even trying to hide it. It's horrible

You guys have no one to blame but yourselves...

You put capital over labor, and now labor is voting against you...

This is what I've pointed out many times. When you cheat working people out of jobs, wages and benefits so a few rich douchebags can get richer, you make more of them dependent on government.

And then they totally vote for more of that shit.

It's kind of how you guys have become self-defeating.

So how do people get "cheated" out of jobs? you have a warped sense of what a job is. A job is made to make the owner of the company more money....that's it....any other reason is accidental. If it's so easy to run a company, go start one.

Yes, when Mitt Romney has money in the company, is making the decisions and is benefitting from the results of them, do I hold him responsible.

As opposed to Solyndra, which got approval for government loans under Bush, and whose collapse was caused by lo-cost Chinese parts undercutting the market.

There's a difference between a bad decision that hurts people and a bad decision where you still made out like a bandit when people got hurt.

First of all Joe, Bush didnt approve Solyndra loans...they passed, Obama did approve the loans and proved Bush right again.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...fe/solyndra-loan-george-w-bush-david-plouffe/

Ultimately, the Bush administration program didn't finalize a single loan guarantee.

Yes it is, they're not even trying to hide it. It's horrible

You guys have no one to blame but yourselves...

You put capital over labor, and now labor is voting against you...

This is what I've pointed out many times. When you cheat working people out of jobs, wages and benefits so a few rich douchebags can get richer, you make more of them dependent on government.

And then they totally vote for more of that shit.

It's kind of how you guys have become self-defeating.

So how do people get "cheated" out of jobs? you have a warped sense of what a job is. A job is made to make the owner of the company more money....that's it....any other reason is accidental. If it's so easy to run a company, go start one.

No, a job is NOT to make the owner of a company more money.

A job is to provide a good or service for a demand.

This is another way you guys have got this kind of screwed up. The Plutocrats are parasites that have convinced you they are a vital organ.

This is why I find the whole public union argument so funny. Instead of being angry that they've lost the good paying private jobs, the plutocrats have convinced you that it's totally unfair that guy who has the government job still has good wages and benefits.

First of all Joe, Bush didnt approve Solyndra loans...they passed, Obama did approve the loans and proved Bush right again.

PolitiFact | Did the program that funded the Solyndra loan start under George W. Bush? David Plouffe says so

Ultimately, the Bush administration program didn't finalize a single loan guarantee.

Why do you quote a Politifact thing that says the claim that Bush support Solyndra is mostly true and then claim Bush "passed" on it.

Here's what your link says.

Republicans, including Bush, emphasized the program's benefits for nuclear energy and biofuels. The president touted the new energy law in his 2007 State of the Union address. His energy secretary, Samuel Bodman, regularly mentioned the loan guarantees in speeches on renewable energy. The Energy Department issued its final rules for the program in 2007, along with a list of 16 companies that made the cut for to apply for its first round of awards, and Solyndra was among them.

House Republicans investigating Solyndra have claimed that the Bush administration ultimately rejected the Solyndra loan, but that's not quite the case. Democrats on the House Energy and Commerce Committee and news media point out that Bush energy officials wanted to get the loan closed on their way out the door — it was listed as the first of their "three highest priorities through January 15." (Obama took office Jan. 20, 2009.) But the Energy Department's credit committee held things up for more analysis.

Do you lose your right to vote when you receive welfare?

You're complaining because more Americans might vote? :confused:

So apparently if you are on Welfare, you are too stupid to register to vote on your own, and you need to have your hand held for that also. Brilliant... Now the Left are calling welfare recipients idiots. :clap2:

Did you read the thread or just the OP?

The state broke the law and settled the dispute by agreeing to mail out flyers to everyone on welfare.

I believe the mailing was a compromise solution that cost the taxpayers of Massachusetts a lot of money. ONE person on welfare claims that she was too stupid or too lazy to register to vote and every person on welfare got a registration form in the mail, even if they were already registered to vote. How dumb is that?

Forum List

Back