Welfare voter push? or Democrat vote buying?

The Massachusetts Democratic Party is doing its part with an aggressive effort to expand upon and invigorate the grassroots organization that propelled Deval Patrick to two terms as governor after 16 consecutive years of GOP control over the Corner Office. Now Brown and the Massachusetts Republican Party are charging that Patrick's administration itself, as well as an outside group guided by Warren's own daughter, are trying to do their part by spending public funds to increase turnout among welfare recipients. That's the kind of downtrodden constituency that usually leans toward the Democrats and their belief in a strong social safety net. [1] Elizabeth Warren scoffed at U.S. Sen. Scott Brown's charges that her daughter is leading a taxpayer-funded crusade to get welfare recipients out to vote for her mom, even as records show the Democrat scored thousands in campaign dough from the group's bigwigs -- including a former Boston Globe publisher.

'Welfare voters' are latest battleground in Brown-Warren Senate race. - NewsFeed Researcher - warren, brown, state, voters, states, voter, registration, campaign, demos, welfare, democrats, democratic

Vote for the Demacrat or your welfrare will be taken away

Welfare voter push has GOP crying foul

The state has mailed out voter registration letters to nearly 500,000 welfare recipients, in a push sparked by a group led by former ACORN bigwigs that critics say is a naked bid to boost Democrats at the polls in November.

The letters, mailed last month by the state’s Department of Transitional Assistance, went out as Republican U.S. Sen. Scott Brown and Democratic challenger Elizabeth Warren have been locked in a neck-and-neck race.

The welfare system’s get-out-the-vote push came in response to a suit brought by New England United for Justice (NEU4J), which is led by three former leaders of the controversial Association of Community Organizers for Reform Now. ACORN was disbanded in 2010 amid a voter fraud scandal

The suit was filed after a 35-year-old Lowell woman recertified her benefits at a Lowell welfare office last June and “was not offered the opportunity to register to vote at any time during her visit; nor was she offered a voter registration application,” according to papers filed in U.S. District Court.

NEU4J, along with the NAACP New England Area Conference, reached an agreement with the state on July 5 — just two months after the suit was filed.

The deal requires state officials to contact the 477,944 welfare recipients who were on the books between June 1, 2011 and May 31, 2012. The mailings will cost the state $275,844.

The state must also run public service announcements on TV and radio stations from mid-July through mid-October publicizing the agency’s registration push. And welfare office waiting rooms, which will soon be equipped with TVs, must make announcements explaining how to register to vote

Welfare voter push has GOP crying foul - BostonHerald.com

Of course it's a Democratic voter push. They run around bashing the ones that do work, while promising to keep welfare going to those that have no interest in it. I'm not just saying this.. I live in an area where a LOT of people mooch the government.. and are probably 100% Democrat.. There's no drive.. No will to succeed.. But mention the rich and you can sure here them yelping!

These are the leeches about which one of our forefathers spoke when he warned us about democracy coming to an end when the citizens realized they vote themselves money.

If you reward a group of people for doing nothing but demanding rewards, the size of the group grows in proportion to the total population until the minority (people that actually work for a living) cannot be taxed enough to support the majority (the moochers and leeches that expect the good life to be free).

Liberalism is a mental disorder!

wake up people

SNIP:
Coincidentally, fix in

No justice in lawsuit to boost Warren

By Michael Graham
Friday, August 10, 2012 - Updated 10 hours ago

In America, the wide-eyed and innocent believe in unicorns and the Tooth Fairy.

In Massachusetts, they believe in “coincidence.”

For 10 years a Lowell woman had been getting her welfare benefits at the local office without, she claims, being asked to register to vote. She never bothered to do anything about it until now. What a “coincidence.”

So a group headed, “coincidentally,” by Elizabeth Warren’s daughter Amelia files a lawsuit on this woman’s behalf. Now, Demos has filed other such lawsuits in other states and in other years. But the one they filed against Massachusetts just happens to be while Amelia’s mom is running for U.S. Senate.

Wow! What are the odds of that?

The “coincidences” don’t end there. Other states, like Pennsylvania and Nevada, have chosen to fight Demos and its ACORN-leftover allies in court. Those cases are still pending.

But not the administration of Gov. Deval Patrick. In a surprise move, he agreed to a quick settlement, one that — talk about “coincidence” — just happens to involve spending a quarter of a million tax dollars to send voter registration forms to nearly half a million welfare recipients.

Or as they’re called around Warren’s campaign HQ, “likely Democratic voters.”

And are you ready for this? The Herald reported yesterday that one of the law firms that brought the suit on behalf of Demos is Ropes & Gray, “where first lady Diane Patrick is a partner.”

Wow! So a perfectly timed lawsuit allows hard-core partisan Deval Patrick to mail out voter forms to 478,000 welfare recipients just in time to help his pal Liz Warren, and one of the law firms that made it happen includes his wife?

read it all here
Coincidentally, fix in - BostonHerald.com

wake up people

SNIP:
Coincidentally, fix in

No justice in lawsuit to boost Warren

By Michael Graham
Friday, August 10, 2012 - Updated 10 hours ago

In America, the wide-eyed and innocent believe in unicorns and the Tooth Fairy.

In Massachusetts, they believe in “coincidence.”

For 10 years a Lowell woman had been getting her welfare benefits at the local office without, she claims, being asked to register to vote. She never bothered to do anything about it until now. What a “coincidence.”

So a group headed, “coincidentally,” by Elizabeth Warren’s daughter Amelia files a lawsuit on this woman’s behalf. Now, Demos has filed other such lawsuits in other states and in other years. But the one they filed against Massachusetts just happens to be while Amelia’s mom is running for U.S. Senate.

Wow! What are the odds of that?

The “coincidences” don’t end there. Other states, like Pennsylvania and Nevada, have chosen to fight Demos and its ACORN-leftover allies in court. Those cases are still pending.

But not the administration of Gov. Deval Patrick. In a surprise move, he agreed to a quick settlement, one that — talk about “coincidence” — just happens to involve spending a quarter of a million tax dollars to send voter registration forms to nearly half a million welfare recipients.

Or as they’re called around Warren’s campaign HQ, “likely Democratic voters.”

And are you ready for this? The Herald reported yesterday that one of the law firms that brought the suit on behalf of Demos is Ropes & Gray, “where first lady Diane Patrick is a partner.”

Wow! So a perfectly timed lawsuit allows hard-core partisan Deval Patrick to mail out voter forms to 478,000 welfare recipients just in time to help his pal Liz Warren, and one of the law firms that made it happen includes his wife?

read it all here
Coincidentally, fix in - BostonHerald.com

''Oh what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive''

Vote for the Demacrat or your welfrare will be taken away

Nonsense.

The Public Agency Registration Project

Congress passed the National Voter Registration Act (NVRA) in 1993 to increase the number of citizens registered to vote in Federal elections. It is often referred to as the “motor voter” law because it requires states to offer voter registration with driver’s license application and renewal.

An equally important but less well-known provision of the NVRA is the requirement that states offer voter registration opportunities to clients and applicants of public assistance programs. Programs covered by the NVRA include Food Stamps, Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) and Medicaid. Public assistance offices are in a unique position to increase voter registration rates among low-income citizens, furthering the intent of the NVRA to increase registration among populations underrepresented on the voter registration rolls.

Public Agency Registration
The state failed to follow Federal law, hence its settling the lawsuit.

Conservatives are in no position to ‘cry foul’ when a state agrees to obey the law.

Otherwise this has nothing to do with democrats and is consequently a non-issue.

Humm.....Do they check for citizenship?...I think not

You are ask if your are a citizen to get welfare, which includes your birth certificate, which you must provide.

You guys have no one to blame but yourselves...

You put capital over labor, and now labor is voting against you...

This is what I've pointed out many times. When you cheat working people out of jobs, wages and benefits so a few rich douchebags can get richer, you make more of them dependent on government.

And then they totally vote for more of that shit.

It's kind of how you guys have become self-defeating.

Most people on welfare are there due to their own irresponsible decisions they've made and not because of the things you listed. Take your class warfare B.S. to someone who gives a fuck, because we don't.

Nice try, goon.

If someone doesn't work when they can physically work, then they should lose their full vote.

Have 8 kids and don't want to work, ok you're only getting a portion of a vote someone working at Burger King gets.

Scumbags sitting on their ass drawling welfare aren't equal Americans to the rest that go to work and produce something for this country. They should not be catered to as some special group either, which is disgusting.

Welfare voters should only get a 1/4 or 1/2 vote.

How bout 3/5ths

I will ignore the logic fail on your part, since not everyone on welfare doesnt work.

What other things should people lose their vote over?

Retired people dont work
Disabled people don't work

Medicare/Medicade recipients?
Stay at home parents?

Nice try, goon.

If someone doesn't work when they can physically work, then they should lose their full vote.

Have 8 kids and don't want to work, ok you're only getting a portion of a vote someone working at Burger King gets.

Scumbags sitting on their ass drawling welfare aren't equal Americans to the rest that go to work and produce something for this country. They should not be catered to as some special group either, which is disgusting.

Welfare voters should only get a 1/4 or 1/2 vote.

How bout 3/5ths

Idiot, I said people that can physically work.

If someone is disabled and unable to work, then they are excused.

Retired people have worked, dumbfuck. If someone retires at 30 years old because they're rich, I doubt they will be on welfare.

If someone is working age and sitting on their ass at home when they can get a job, they lose their voting rights or a portion of it.

I figure your moniker refers to the voices in your head that you believe is some "nation."

I will ignore the logic fail on your part, since not everyone on welfare doesnt work.

Retired people dont work

Stay at home parents?

Nice try, goon.

How bout 3/5ths

So stay at home parents don't deserve to vote, got it.

What other reasons should people lose the right to vote?

Students? If they are going to school and not working, they don't deserve to vote

What about part time work? They only lose half the vote?

Come to think of it, everyone who votes should really be able to read English, how else can we be assured they know who they are voting for... If they can't pass a reading test,maybe they shouldn't get to vote.

Idiot, I said people that can physically work.

If someone is disabled and unable to work, then they are excused.

Retired people have worked, dumbfuck. If someone retires at 30 years old because they're rich, I doubt they will be on wYelfare.

If someone is working age and sitting on their ass at home when they can get a job, they lose their voting rights or a portion of it.

I figure your moniker refers to the voices in your head that you believe is some "nation."

Retired people dont work

Stay at home parents?

Nice try, goon.

Do you lose your right to vote when you receive welfare?

You're complaining because more Americans might vote? :confused:

So apparently if you are on Welfare, you are too stupid to register to vote on your own, and you need to have your hand held for that also. Brilliant... Now the Left are calling welfare recipients idiots. :clap2:

So apparently if you are on Welfare, you are too stupid to register to vote on your own, and you need to have your hand held for that also. Brilliant... Now the Left are calling welfare recipients idiots. :clap2:

Did you read the thread or just the OP?

The state broke the law and settled the dispute by agreeing to mail out flyers to everyone on welfare.

The state broke the law and settled the dispute by agreeing to mail out flyers to everyone on welfare.

Whatever... This is nothing more than another low for the Democrats in how they view those receiving public assistance... Dumb votes. Sickening. If I were on Public assistance I would be pissed that Democrats thought nothing of me except as another person to vote Democrat. How nice how the Left gives credit to less fortunate people being able to think for themselves... Disgraceful.

Whatever... This is nothing more than another low for the Democrats in how they view those receiving public assistance... Dumb votes. Sickening. If I were on Public assistance I would be pissed that Democrats thought nothing of me except as another person to vote Democrat. How nice how the Left gives credit to less fortunate people being able to think for themselves... Disgraceful.

It's ok to say you don't care that the state broke the law.

You can even agree with the other poster that poor people dont deserve a vote.

Nonsense.

The state failed to follow Federal law, hence its settling the lawsuit.

Conservatives are in no position to ‘cry foul’ when a state agrees to obey the law.

Otherwise this has nothing to do with democrats and is consequently a non-issue.

You are ask if your are a citizen to get welfare, which includes your birth certificate, which you must provide.

Really? So you can't get welfare unless you are a citizen? And they check to make sure you are a citizen before they send out voter registration apps? I know people who are not citizens and are registered to vote they don’t check.

Really? So you can't get welfare unless you are a citizen? And they check to make sure you are a citizen before they send out voter registration apps? I know people who are not citizens and are registered to vote they don’t check.

Depends on the state. Some states allow non-citizens to receive some form of welfare benifits.

I remember a story of one state that was apparently registering people who came to get their drivers license, whether they were citizens or not.

Depends on the state. Some states allow non-citizens to receive some form of welfare benifits.

I remember a story of one state that was apparently registering people who came to get their drivers license, whether they were citizens or not.

There is no state that I know of where you have to be a citizen to get welfare...None. You do have to be in the state for a minimal amount of time though and here in MI they don't ask if you are a citizen they just say "Would you like to register to vote" that’s it

Forum List

Back