Welfare voter push? or Democrat vote buying?

Jroc

יעקב כהן
Oct 19, 2010
Michigan
Vote for the Demacrat or your welfrare will be taken away

Welfare voter push has GOP crying foul

The state has mailed out voter registration letters to nearly 500,000 welfare recipients, in a push sparked by a group led by former ACORN bigwigs that critics say is a naked bid to boost Democrats at the polls in November.

The letters, mailed last month by the state’s Department of Transitional Assistance, went out as Republican U.S. Sen. Scott Brown and Democratic challenger Elizabeth Warren have been locked in a neck-and-neck race.

The welfare system’s get-out-the-vote push came in response to a suit brought by New England United for Justice (NEU4J), which is led by three former leaders of the controversial Association of Community Organizers for Reform Now. ACORN was disbanded in 2010 amid a voter fraud scandal

The suit was filed after a 35-year-old Lowell woman recertified her benefits at a Lowell welfare office last June and “was not offered the opportunity to register to vote at any time during her visit; nor was she offered a voter registration application,” according to papers filed in U.S. District Court.

NEU4J, along with the NAACP New England Area Conference, reached an agreement with the state on July 5 — just two months after the suit was filed.

The deal requires state officials to contact the 477,944 welfare recipients who were on the books between June 1, 2011 and May 31, 2012. The mailings will cost the state $275,844.

The state must also run public service announcements on TV and radio stations from mid-July through mid-October publicizing the agency’s registration push. And welfare office waiting rooms, which will soon be equipped with TVs, must make announcements explaining how to register to vote

Welfare voter push has GOP crying foul - BostonHerald.com

Do you lose your right to vote when you receive welfare?

You're complaining because more Americans might vote? :confused:

My complaint is that we are approaching the point where 50.1% of the population will not be voting in the countries best interest, but to preserve getting money via the government from the other 40.9% percent.

At that point we are in deep deep trouble.

i think whast pissing people off is the left will blame the right for everything YET they are ones always caught buying votes. Its getting annoying, just admit it and move on.

Nonsense.

The Public Agency Registration Project

Congress passed the National Voter Registration Act (NVRA) in 1993 to increase the number of citizens registered to vote in Federal elections. It is often referred to as the “motor voter” law because it requires states to offer voter registration with driver’s license application and renewal.

An equally important but less well-known provision of the NVRA is the requirement that states offer voter registration opportunities to clients and applicants of public assistance programs. Programs covered by the NVRA include Food Stamps, Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) and Medicaid. Public assistance offices are in a unique position to increase voter registration rates among low-income citizens, furthering the intent of the NVRA to increase registration among populations underrepresented on the voter registration rolls.

Public Agency Registration
The state failed to follow Federal law, hence its settling the lawsuit.

Conservatives are in no position to ‘cry foul’ when a state agrees to obey the law.

Otherwise this has nothing to do with democrats and is consequently a non-issue.

Nonsense.

The Public Agency Registration Project

Congress passed the National Voter Registration Act (NVRA) in 1993 to increase the number of citizens registered to vote in Federal elections. It is often referred to as the “motor voter” law because it requires states to offer voter registration with driver’s license application and renewal.

An equally important but less well-known provision of the NVRA is the requirement that states offer voter registration opportunities to clients and applicants of public assistance programs. Programs covered by the NVRA include Food Stamps, Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) and Medicaid. Public assistance offices are in a unique position to increase voter registration rates among low-income citizens, furthering the intent of the NVRA to increase registration among populations underrepresented on the voter registration rolls.

Public Agency Registration
The state failed to follow Federal law, hence its settling the lawsuit.

Conservatives are in no position to ‘cry foul’ when a state agrees to obey the law.

Otherwise this has nothing to do with democrats and is consequently a non-issue.

Humm.....Do they check for citizenship?...I think not

My complaint is that we are approaching the point where 50.1% of the population will not be voting in the countries best interest, but to preserve getting money via the government from the other 40.9% percent.

At that point we are in deep deep trouble.

I totally agree with your position; however, I think your math is wrong (50.1% and 40.9% do not add up to 100%).

“Once the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the Republic.” – Benjamin Franklin

Yes it is, they're not even trying to hide it. It's horrible

You guys have no one to blame but yourselves...

You put capital over labor, and now labor is voting against you...

This is what I've pointed out many times. When you cheat working people out of jobs, wages and benefits so a few rich douchebags can get richer, you make more of them dependent on government.

And then they totally vote for more of that shit.

It's kind of how you guys have become self-defeating.

The state has mailed out voter registration letters to nearly 500,000 welfare recipients, in a push sparked by a group led by former ACORN bigwigs that critics say is a naked bid to boost Democrats at the polls in November.

The letters, mailed last month by the state’s Department of Transitional Assistance, went out as Republican U.S. Sen. Scott Brown and Democratic challenger Elizabeth Warren have been locked in a neck-and-neck race.

The welfare system’s get-out-the-vote push came in response to a suit brought by New England United for Justice (NEU4J), which is led by three former leaders of the controversial Association of Community Organizers for Reform Now. ACORN was disbanded in 2010 amid a voter fraud scandal

The suit was filed after a 35-year-old Lowell woman recertified her benefits at a Lowell welfare office last June and “was not offered the opportunity to register to vote at any time during her visit; nor was she offered a voter registration application,” according to papers filed in U.S. District Court.

NEU4J, along with the NAACP New England Area Conference, reached an agreement with the state on July 5 — just two months after the suit was filed.

The deal requires state officials to contact the 477,944 welfare recipients who were on the books between June 1, 2011 and May 31, 2012. The mailings will cost the state $275,844.

The state must also run public service announcements on TV and radio stations from mid-July through mid-October publicizing the agency’s registration push. And welfare office waiting rooms, which will soon be equipped with TVs, must make announcements explaining how to register to vote

Bush provided a good amount of welfare also, he also signed a bill that allowed all veterans to get medical care. See reagan, bush sr. and Clinton would not allow vets to get healthcare through the VA, unless you were injured during service.. He also closed the donut hole in medicare.

So was Bush buying votes like Obama?

Last edited:
Yes it is, they're not even trying to hide it. It's horrible

You guys have no one to blame but yourselves...

You put capital over labor, and now labor is voting against you...

This is what I've pointed out many times. When you cheat working people out of jobs, wages and benefits so a few rich douchebags can get richer, you make more of them dependent on government.

And then they totally vote for more of that shit.

It's kind of how you guys have become self-defeating.

You are correct, we the hard working class see how the rich corporatist are screwing us, and Mitt represents that group. $77,000 tax deduction for a ballarina horse for the Olympics, that is a god damn outrage that is thrown in our face as we try to make ends meet.

Bush provided a good amount of welfare also, he also signed a bill that allowed all veterans to get medical care. See reagan, bush sr. and Clinton would not allow vets to get healthcare through the VA. He also closed the donut hole in medicare.

Veterans deserve what they get. Most also will not be voting for Obama which is why he wants to surpress their votes.

“Once the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the Republic.” – Benjamin Franklin

Where is the outrage over corporate welfare? Agri business welfare?
Rich people are paying less in taxes as a percentage of income than the rest of the nation.

Mittens paid 13.9%, Kerry paid 13.1%, all cause they can deduct expenses. They have turned the USA into a plutocracy and we agin have lost the republic to these vultures of money and riches, just like before the Great Depression.

Veterans deserve what they get. Most also will not be voting for Obama which is why he wants to surpress their votes.

Really?

Frankly, I'm having a hard time justifying that I should get lifetime medical benefits because I was active duty military for a few years in peacetime in the late 1980's.

It was a job, for which I was paid money, until I moved on to something else.

If I sustained injuries in combat, then, yeah, that's what the VA should be there for.

Ironically, the VA is exactly the sort of government agency you guys should be against. When it started, you had lots of injured vets from the world wars who really needed help. Up until the Iraq War, with the percentage of us who carry a DD214 dwindling, they expanded what they offered to keep their budgets up to the same levels.

Bush provided a good amount of welfare also, he also signed a bill that allowed all veterans to get medical care. See reagan, bush sr. and Clinton would not allow vets to get healthcare through the VA. He also closed the donut hole in medicare.

Oh really!?

Veterans: Romney Lying About Obama Suit’s Effect On Military Voters

Veterans: Romney Lying About Obama Suit’s Effect On Military Voters | TPMMuckraker

How is this suppression, they are still allowed to vote?The military members still have 6 days before the election on tuesday to vote?

Currently, Ohio allows the public to vote early in-person up until the Friday before the election. Members of the military are given three extra days to do so. While the Democrats may see this as “arbitrary” and having “no discernible rational basis,” I think it is entirely reasonable given the demands on servicemen and women’s time and their obligations to their sworn duty.

Obama Campaign Sues to Suppress Military Votes | A Soldier's Perspective

Last edited:

Really?

Frankly, I'm having a hard time justifying that I should get lifetime medical benefits because I was active duty military for a few years in peacetime in the late 1980's.

If I sustained injuries in combat, then, yeah, that's what the VA should be there for.

Ironically, the VA is exactly the sort of government agency you guys should be against. When it started, you had lots of injured vets from the world wars who really needed help. Up until the Iraq War, with the percentage of us who carry a DD214 dwindling, they expanded what they offered to keep their budgets up to the same levels.

The benfits are on a sliding scale, you must apply with your income and from there they determine how much of a copay you have. To many it is not free, but it is very good health insurance by a very good operation.

Really?

I was called for Desert Storm but, I was still a single parent and they would not let me. I would had loved to go camping with the boys of the Army. All I would have done was 27E or 52D or maybe a 71L. The jobs I held in the military.

Forum List

Back