Welfare State

LilOlLady

Gold Member
Apr 20, 2009
Reno, NV
Welfare State

Since the things man needs for survival have to be produced, and nature does not guarantee the success of any human endeavor, there is not and cannot be any such thing as a guaranteed economic security. The employer who gives you a job, has no guarantee that his business will remain in existence, that his customers will continue to buy his products or services.
Welfare State — Ayn*Rand Lexicon

The welfare state that existed before Welfare Reform do not exist anymore. Most of those on welfare are hard working Americans and not lazy people who do not want to work. No one lives on welfare anymore. Reality, we do depend on the government we like to demonize.We often hate that which we love the most. Did you ever have a job that you hated and worked real hard at?

Last edited:
Welfare State

Since the things man needs for survival have to be produced, and nature does not guarantee the success of any human endeavor, there is not and cannot be any such thing as a guaranteed economic security. The employer who gives you a job, has no guarantee that his business will remain in existence, that his customers will continue to buy his products or services.

The welfare state that existed before Welfare Reform do not exist anymore. Most of those on welfare are hard working Americans and not lazy people who do not want to work. No one lives on welfare anymore.

Now you are getting it, there is NO GUARANTEE. We've said that guaranteed jobs, healthcare, ect are bullshit and you just agreed.

when liberals realize this and deal with it the better, but it does not excuse them of enslaving people to government benefits to get votes. People should not be on welfare for 20+ years.

Well, it probably is possible, in my opinion, but the people wouldn't get anything great, and the conditions of the country and the individual would not be good at all. If we were communist, it could work, but be horrible. We won't go there in my lifetime.

I would like to see able bodied people work. i wish there was program like the NRA to make them work where it is needed, but I doubt they would leave their famiies to work.

I would like to see able bodied people work. i wish there was program like the NRA to make them work where it is needed, but I doubt they would leave their famiies to work.

Well if they had to or starve, people would find out they could do alot of things they didnt know they could. Welfare should have a time limit, we can negotiate the limit, but unlimited welfare is insane. And if they had a time limit, they might pressue the govt to make sure job creation was a priority.....

Welfare State

The welfare state that existed before Welfare Reform do not exist anymore. Most of those on welfare are hard working Americans and not lazy people who do not want to work. No one lives on welfare anymore.

Now you are getting it, there is NO GUARANTEE. We've said that guaranteed jobs, healthcare, ect are bullshit and you just agreed.

when liberals realize this and deal with it the better, but it does not excuse them of enslaving people to government benefits to get votes. People should not be on welfare for 20+ years.

You've got a different concept of "enslavement" than most.

The fact that hard working people are NOT guaranteed a job is the very reason a social safety net is justified.

Forum List

Back