Welfare State Devouring Prosperity

Why do you assume that I assume that?

Because the only way it is bad to become wealthy is because you have the ignorant belief that it is finite. It is a progressive ignorance....They think the rich are TAKING from the rest.....You see it doesn't matter about concentration of wealth if you have a free society cause that freedom gives others the same OPPORTUNITY that others had. There were always rich in this country....There will always be rich in this country.......As for the rich in politics....Only a arrogant fool thinks they dont have the same RIGHTS as the rest of us.

Another goof ball with blinders, unable to see or hear another point of view, even if presented reasonably and without doctrinaire preconceptions.
The total misunderstanding and misinterpretation represented by the above post is too extensive and tiring to address.
If you think being here alone means you have won, feel good.

Another goof ball with blinders, unable to see or hear another point of view, even if presented reasonably and without doctrinaire preconceptions.
The total misunderstanding and misinterpretation represented by the above post is too extensive and tiring to address.

Like the SHIT you have been spewing? Really? project much junior?

In other words you have no way to counter it....

Are you for the concentration of money to the extent that it destroys the American political system?

"The welfare state is the single biggest financial problem we face, annually consuming more than the combined cost of the Iraq and Afghanistan wars plus the TARP bailouts. Like The Blob, it grows by devouring everything in its path, requiring us to borrow $41,222 per second just to keep government running. At almost $16 trillion, the national debt exceeds the size of our economy and is growing so rapidly that the Congressional Budget Office predicted it could cause a permanent recession by 2025.

Like an overweight jockey riding an emaciated thoroughbred, our bloated government sector is not only crushing the private economy; it's handicapping our opportunity society. Americans are aspirational and self-reliant people, so it's heart-wrenching to note that after spending $15 trillion in the “war on poverty,” America's poverty rate has barely budged, food-stamp dependency is at a record high, and the percentage of Americans in the work force is at a record low.

As economist Herb Stein said, “If something can't go on forever, it will stop.” New York Times columnist Bill Keller called for that last week, writing, “We should make a sensible reform of entitlements our generation's cause.”

http://www.aspentimes.com/article/20120802/COLUMN/120809987/1021&parentprofile=1061
what is ''the welfare state''? Social security? Medicare? Medicare pill bill?

What a cabal of nincompoops!
You can't even deal with a simple question in simple English, yet attack someone else by making entirely inappropriate, baseless assumptions.
Because you feel your entirely partisan position is being attacked, you accuse the 'attacker' of being partisan.
Pathetic, really. You think you are participating in a discussion? You are only masturbating.

You can't even deal with a simple question in simple English, yet attack someone else by making entirely inappropriate, baseless assumptions.
Because you feel your entirely partisan position is being attacked, you accuse the 'attacker' of being partisan.
Pathetic, really. You think you are participating in a discussion? You are only masturbating.

What was the question again ?

Son? YOU are the partisan one. Stop with yer crap. It isn't polite to project yourself unto others. :eusa_hand:

IF there is an unlimited amount of money and wealth to be had, then I suppose there must be an unlimited amount of money and wealth to support the welfare state.....:cool::eusa_whistle: and that just isn't the case, is it?

If there is an unlimited amount of money and wealth to be had, then why do we have so many unemployed?

Last edited:
IF there is an unlimited amount of money and wealth to be had, then I suppose there must be an unlimited amount of money and wealth to support the welfare state.....:cool::eusa_whistle: and that just isn't the case, is it?

If there is an unlimited amount of money and wealth to be had, then why do we have so many unemployed?

The answer is, there is no unlimited wealth and money to be had and we have a president who cannot get jobs going again. Maybe if he got off the campaign fundraising and golf course and had a Jobs Council meeting....

The answer is, there is no unlimited wealth and money to be had and we have a president who cannot get jobs going again. Maybe if he got off the campaign fundraising and golf course and had a Jobs Council meeting....

And he won't. He's making this ALL about himself. He's LYING to his fluffers and sad they're falling for it.

What a bunch of bunk Jackson, once every 2 weeks for a few hours...playing a game of golf is not excessive what so ever and that just shows your bias and partisanship on your coat sleeve and makes you someone who no one with a brain should ever listen to or pay attention to on real serious issues imho....and honestly, I didn't initially see you as one of "these kind of posters" but hey, I guess I was wrong.

I thought government could not create jobs except government jobs according to most right wingers?

Where are your multi millionaires, the ones that supposedly create jobs putting their money these days? Bermuda, Cayman islands, Swiss banks, China, India, Saudi Arabia? They not only CRASHED this economy, stole trillions of retirement savings and wealth from the middle class, wiped out millions of people's jobs as well, and are still on the gvt and fed reserve tit, but now they have you parroting that this economy sucks because of well earned and paid for benefits by the middle class for themselves, such as social Security and Medicare....

Sorry, I don't buy your theory and:
you are blinded by the right....

"The welfare state is the single biggest financial problem we face, annually consuming more than the combined cost of the Iraq and Afghanistan wars plus the TARP bailouts. Like The Blob, it grows by devouring everything in its path, requiring us to borrow $41,222 per second just to keep government running. At almost $16 trillion, the national debt exceeds the size of our economy and is growing so rapidly that the Congressional Budget Office predicted it could cause a permanent recession by 2025.

Like an overweight jockey riding an emaciated thoroughbred, our bloated government sector is not only crushing the private economy; it's handicapping our opportunity society. Americans are aspirational and self-reliant people, so it's heart-wrenching to note that after spending $15 trillion in the “war on poverty,” America's poverty rate has barely budged, food-stamp dependency is at a record high, and the percentage of Americans in the work force is at a record low.

As economist Herb Stein said, “If something can't go on forever, it will stop.” New York Times columnist Bill Keller called for that last week, writing, “We should make a sensible reform of entitlements our generation's cause.”

http://www.aspentimes.com/article/20120802/COLUMN/120809987/1021&parentprofile=1061

Bush is the one who is responsible for the "nanny" state, when you kill the econ. this makes more people needy. also you need to do better research, entitlement spending is NOT the biggest spender, I dont think I need to tell you what is. Also while we are talking econ, can please explain how to me cutting taxes pays for itself, that is the biggest hole right there.......

Forum List

Back