Welfare recipients for Trump

midcan5

liberal / progressive
Jun 4, 2007
America
We could add opioid users for Trump too, but that would include much of the republican establishment today. The great evil is now acceptable proving once and forever the shallow emptiness of the republican party.

"Trump is just another drug, people round here are addicted to escapism." Daniel Justus [coal country]

"What angers Daniel is that his people are clinging to a way of life that has crippled them — often literally. “It’s as if they have Stockholm syndrome [where a prisoner falls in love with his captor],” he says. Dana Oliver, Daniel’s school friend who introduced us, puts it another way. In the absence of coal, half the county now subsists on federal handouts — Medicaid, food stamps, Social Security disability payments and other “entitlements”. Alone in the Republican field, Trump vowed to protect them. Whatever else you can say about the New York property magnate, he knows his market. Call it big-government conservatism for white people. “Coal is not coming back — it costs too much to open a flooded mine,” says Oliver. “In their heart of hearts, most people know that. Trump just gives them a little bit of hope.""

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/c5c01bee-22c4-11e6-aa98-db1e01fabc0c.html

Readers of Joe Bageant know the story. "His hippy adventures brought about in him a kind of wild-eyed lucidity when regarding the spectre of American capitalism, while his background gives him licence to be plain rude. Bageant believes, without question, that a majority of white working-class and poor Americans voted for Bush in 2000 and 2004 because they are stupid.

More precisely, they are "downright stupid", "dumber than owl shit". Even worse, Christian fundamentalist schools, "those American madrassas", are "a sure way to make the masses even more stupid if there was one"."

Review: Deer Hunting With Jesus by Joe Bageant

"This book is written from a changing town in Virginia, but this class of mine, these people--the ones who smell like an ashtray in the checkout line, devour a carton of Little Debbies at a sitting, and praise Jesus for a truck with no spare tire--exist in every state in our nation. Maybe the next time we on the left encounter such seemingly self-screwing, stubborn, God-obsessed folks, we can be open to their trials, understand the complexity of their situation, even have enough solidarity to pop for a cheap retread tire out of our own pockets, simply because that would be the kind thing to do and surely would make the ghosts of Joe Hill, Eleanor Roosevelt, and Mohandas Gandhi smile." Joe Bageant

Oh shit. I didn't know you made your own threads. I just thought you went around and ruined everyone elses.

We could add opioid users for Trump too, but that would include much of the republican establishment today. The great evil is now acceptable proving once and forever the shallow emptiness of the republican party.

"Trump is just another drug, people round here are addicted to escapism." Daniel Justus [coal country]

"What angers Daniel is that his people are clinging to a way of life that has crippled them — often literally. “It’s as if they have Stockholm syndrome [where a prisoner falls in love with his captor],” he says. Dana Oliver, Daniel’s school friend who introduced us, puts it another way. In the absence of coal, half the county now subsists on federal handouts — Medicaid, food stamps, Social Security disability payments and other “entitlements”. Alone in the Republican field, Trump vowed to protect them. Whatever else you can say about the New York property magnate, he knows his market. Call it big-government conservatism for white people. “Coal is not coming back — it costs too much to open a flooded mine,” says Oliver. “In their heart of hearts, most people know that. Trump just gives them a little bit of hope.""

The boy who escaped Trump country - FT.com

Readers of Joe Bageant know the story. "His hippy adventures brought about in him a kind of wild-eyed lucidity when regarding the spectre of American capitalism, while his background gives him licence to be plain rude. Bageant believes, without question, that a majority of white working-class and poor Americans voted for Bush in 2000 and 2004 because they are stupid.

More precisely, they are "downright stupid", "dumber than owl shit". Even worse, Christian fundamentalist schools, "those American madrassas", are "a sure way to make the masses even more stupid if there was one"."

"This book is written from a changing town in Virginia, but this class of mine, these people--the ones who smell like an ashtray in the checkout line, devour a carton of Little Debbies at a sitting, and praise Jesus for a truck with no spare tire--exist in every state in our nation. Maybe the next time we on the left encounter such seemingly self-screwing, stubborn, God-obsessed folks, we can be open to their trials, understand the complexity of their situation, even have enough solidarity to pop for a cheap retread tire out of our own pockets, simply because that would be the kind thing to do and surely would make the ghosts of Joe Hill, Eleanor Roosevelt, and Mohandas Gandhi smile." Joe Bageant
Excellent book!!!

More precisely, they are "downright stupid", "dumber than owl shit". Even worse, Christian fundamentalist schools, "those American madrassas", are "a sure way to make the masses even more stupid if there was one".

Oh the irony of someone from the left talking about welfare recipients supporting a candidate after seven plus years of Obungles

Excellent book!!!

More precisely, they are "downright stupid", "dumber than owl shit". Even worse, Christian fundamentalist schools, "those American madrassas", are "a sure way to make the masses even more stupid if there was one".

Public schools are pumping out the govt indoctrinated dumbness and it clearly shows. Look at who our president is.

Since when have you hated welfare recipients, dawg?

TNHarley wrote, Oh shit. I didn't know you made your own threads. I just thought you went around and ruined everyone elses.

Thanks, I laughed when I read that. I do hope I 'ruin' the stupidity of so many threads, but that task is a hard one you must admit?

Consider that the republican party now has a twelve year old bully as their candidate for the highest office in the nation and you must wonder. A draft dodger to boot who criticizes one of their own party for being captured. Damn what fools could vote for a child of money who has done nothing positive for America? Hiding under his bed doesn't count. None of his so called business ventures have been successful and yet the lemmings follow along. Too funny.

"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average [right wing conservative Trump] voter." Winston Churchill

Donald Trump fully flip-flops, lately opposes ban on assault weapons

One has to be a fool to believe anything Trump says.

TNHarley wrote, Oh shit. I didn't know you made your own threads. I just thought you went around and ruined everyone elses.

Thanks, I laughed when I read that. I do hope I 'ruin' the stupidity of so many threads, but that task is a hard one you must admit?

Consider that the republican party now has a twelve year old bully as their candidate for the highest office in the nation and you must wonder. A draft dodger to boot who criticizes one of their own party for being captured. Damn what fools could vote for a child of money who has done nothing positive for America? Hiding under his bed doesn't count. None of his so called business ventures have been successful and yet the lemmings follow along. Too funny.

"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average [right wing conservative Trump] voter." Winston Churchill

Donald Trump fully flip-flops, lately opposes ban on assault weapons

One has to be a fool to believe anything Trump says.

Agreed, yet you accurately observe that ... then turn around and support Hillary. If the candidates switched parties, you'd suddenly get Hillary's faults and think Trump wasn't an issue. You'd just be asking how Republicans could nominate an elitist felon who thinks she's above the law

Kaz, Not sure you get it, I am no fan of the Clintons. Ronald, William J, and George Jr made the mess Pres Obama fixed, and this while our congress sat on its azz. Hillary could be a great president as the OP below notes, Trump has the mental acuity of a spoiled twelve year old.

"In his 2012 book It's Even Worse Than It Looks, co-written with Thomas Mann, he argued that the GOP had become "an insurgent outlier — ideologically extreme; contemptuous of the inherited social and economic policy regime; scornful of compromise; unpersuaded by conventional understanding of facts, evidence and science; and dismissive of the legitimacy of its political opposition.""
The political scientist who saw Trump's rise coming

'Why Hillary Clinton would make a good president — and maybe even a great one'

Why Hillary Clinton would make a good president — and maybe even a great one

"The catastrophe of the Bush presidency was so deep and wide that it sometimes seemed that Obama would never claw out of its shadow. He also frequently hurt his own cause, in particular by clinging to his image as a bridge-building uniter even when it was clear that the minority party was actively using his bipartisan overtures to slow and defeat his agenda."

Kaz, Not sure you get it, I am no fan of the Clintons. Ronald, William J, and George Jr made the mess Pres Obama fixed, and this while our congress sat on its azz. Hillary could be a great president as the OP below notes, Trump has the mental acuity of a spoiled twelve year old.

"In his 2012 book It's Even Worse Than It Looks, co-written with Thomas Mann, he argued that the GOP had become "an insurgent outlier — ideologically extreme; contemptuous of the inherited social and economic policy regime; scornful of compromise; unpersuaded by conventional understanding of facts, evidence and science; and dismissive of the legitimacy of its political opposition.""
The political scientist who saw Trump's rise coming

'Why Hillary Clinton would make a good president — and maybe even a great one'

Why Hillary Clinton would make a good president — and maybe even a great one

"The catastrophe of the Bush presidency was so deep and wide that it sometimes seemed that Obama would never claw out of its shadow. He also frequently hurt his own cause, in particular by clinging to his image as a bridge-building uniter even when it was clear that the minority party was actively using his bipartisan overtures to slow and defeat his agenda."

Obama hasn't fixed shit. First of all, he did nothing different economically than W. And he's going to be the first President in US history who hasn't had one year of 3% economic growth. Particularly staggering considering he came in at the bottom of a recession and typically growth is faster coming out just getting the economy back where it was. He's made our health care system even worse and more expensive and he only got unemployment down by convincing enough people to give up entirely. The guy is a buffoon and he's clueless.

And you think he's better than Clinton, or vice versa, how? Two peas in a pod. With W it's three peas in a pod

Forum List

Back