Welfare moms bring out the Republican in me

Oct 2, 2010
I live in a state with an unusually high rate of teenage pregnancy, and pregnancy before the age of 25 and out of wedlock. You would be appalled by what is handed out to these girls, who are rewarded for being socially irresonspible. I fail to understand why I, at 23 and working fulltime since the day i turned 18, who does the responsible thing and wears a condom, gets nothing, while a significant portion of my taxes pays for young, ignorant mom to get free everything - free housing, free food, free medical, free college.
Why is my apartment $600 a month, and hers $50? Why do I have to pay for college and she doesn't? I was raised, by my single, WORKING, 36 year old mother when i was born, that it's a disgrace to have a kid when you cant take care of yourself. She never got W.I.C. and food stamps and all that shit. It's a disgrace because you become a sponge. And what kind of message does it send to teenage girls? That it's okay to get knocked up and keep your baby, because Uncle Sam will give you a free ride?
Let's criminalize poor, unwed, young mothers for having children. CONTRACEPTION IS READILY AVAILABLE

I live in a state with an unusually high rate of teenage pregnancy, and pregnancy before the age of 25 and out of wedlock. You would be appalled by what is handed out to these girls, who are rewarded for being socially irresonspible. I fail to understand why I, at 23 and working fulltime since the day i turned 18, who does the responsible thing and wears a condom, gets nothing, while a significant portion of my taxes pays for young, ignorant mom to get free everything - free housing, free food, free medical, free college.
Why is my apartment $600 a month, and hers $50? Why do I have to pay for college and she doesn't? I was raised, by my single, WORKING, 36 year old mother when i was born, that it's a disgrace to have a kid when you cant take care of yourself. She never got W.I.C. and food stamps and all that shit. It's a disgrace because you become a sponge. And what kind of message does it send to teenage girls? That it's okay to get knocked up and keep your baby, because Uncle Sam will give you a free ride?
Let's criminalize poor, unwed, young mothers for having children. CONTRACEPTION IS READILY AVAILABLE

I wouldn't criminalize them. I would educate them to see themselves as something more than a baby factory. And, no, I wouldn't be providing handouts for more than one child. Anyone can make a mistake so I'm comfortable with helping to provide the basics. Anything more than the basics, and she can work for it, just like everyone else. However, my sympathy ends with the second child. No more benefits for the second one.

We are the richest country in the history of man. We spend trillions to bomb people of color, and your major problem is poor children being fed by welfare. SAD

I never blamed the children. I'm just saying that its a burden to society for all these 20 year old girls to have baby after baby, and that we the taxpayers have to pay for them. The children need to be taken away and put in an orphanage, where they are fed and schooled by default because we have to, until the mother can prove herself worthy of being a responsible citizen and role model.
So by the current logic, I should also be irresponsible, not work, etc. Give me free college too. Reward me for doing what a cockroach can do.

compare what's spent blowing up babies vs feeding them.

Personally I always thought going to school, (colleges are easy as shit here) and making big bucks is very easy. I have a hard time with people cracking on poor people. But hey that's who you feel your competing with.

New reputation!
Hi, you have received -6 reputation points from topspin.
Reputation was given for this post.

Comment:
spinster ****

Regards,
topspin

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

It's easy as shit to get rich and your whining about welfare moms. How much schooling do you have. There are 8 million millionaires, wow take that candy and food from the baby.
Don't bother even looking at the military budget.

idiots see benefit chick's life style as enviable and ponder either emulating it, or fascist retribution.

antagon has no womb, chick nor child.

idiots see benefit chick's life style as enviable and ponder either emulating it, or fascist retribution.

antagon has no womb, chick nor child.

Actually, lots of us just resent having to pay for other people's kids. You want kids, fine. Pay for 'em. I choose differently.... I don't ask you to pay for my choices.

i dont emulate it, but okay. by your logic i could say im jealous that people in prison get free healthcare, so therefore i want to be in prison.

My opinion on this is that people who live on welfare generation after generation have essentially sold their souls to government. I truly believe that if welfare people realized that the system was designed to "keep them in their place" they would look at things differently. When government totally supports them, they have to live their lives under very specific rules and regulations. They end up with substandard housing, the worst schools (both educationally and structurally), there's a sense of worthlessness or hopelessness, the need for better sustenance often leads to crime, it breeds anger.

BUT, people who are willing to live under those circumstances are very easy to "control" and are basically lead to believe that "somebody owes them." As long as they can be kept uneducated and dependent the more they are "kept in their place." With each generation the situation gets worse - like a continually downward spiral.

Are there educational programs and child care programs and what have you? Yes - but how really good are those programs? They're really not designed to help anyone advance upwardly or engender self worth or self improvement. Government doesn't want these people to succeed. That's my opinion. And who are the people who keep pushing for more and more government benefits for the "underprivileged" and "disadvantaged?" It's a good show of "care and concern" but anything that keeps someone "down in their place" is not really helpful, is it?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back