Welcoming the party switchers

No, the events that have transpired in the US and its foreign policy since 9/11, have been the result of the ill-concieved, misguided, short-sighted, untenable policies originating in the White House.

The only debate, at this point, is whether Chimpy and his administration will be held accountable for their high-crimes and misdemeanors.

Horsepuckey...

I am truly sorry I even attempted this...I should have known you would use it as an opporunity for more Bush bashing and not true debate.

Just so you all know, there is indeed a National Security Strategy; it is required by law (Golwater-Nichols Act).

http://www.whitehouse.gov/nsc/nss.html

You may or may not agree with it but if you read it you will see that many of the points proposed by the Dems are already being addressed and in much greater detail.

Nice, but just what concrete steps has the Administration taken to ACTUALLY address any of these issues?

Nice, but just what concrete steps has the Administration taken to ACTUALLY address any of these issues?

Hey, hey...I asked you first!!! What have the Dems done to actually address any of the proposals they put forth? You answer first because I asked first....

Hey, hey...I asked you first!!! What have the Dems done to actually address any of the proposals they put forth? You answer first because I asked first....

Given that they aren't the party in power, there's squat all they can actually do about it. Let's change the equation, and if they don't live up to their end of the bargain, we give' em the boot too. Sounds like it's time for a viable third party.

Bully, the administration has also laid out a plan, which was what the link was to. Again, as I said earlier, any administration has the problem of getting their plans through Congress, with all competing forces that influence each member.

Given that they aren't the party in power, there's squat all they can actually do about it. Let's change the equation, and if they don't live up to their end of the bargain, we give' em the boot too. Sounds like it's time for a viable third party.

Naw...we've tried their alternative ways and ended up selling secrets to NK...and other enemies of this country...no thanks.

I am (as you well know) and advocate of a viable third party however. I am pretty much fed up with the current crop of "public" servants" and the entrenched idiots on both sides. Somebody needs to shake them ALL up.

And of course your reply was so quick I know you did not even bother to read it....at least I read your propaganda leaflet.

The table of contents pretty much lays it out, but a skim read of the contents reveal initiatives which have largely been shirked by the Administration. Be it through cuts in funding to the programs outlined therein to simply ignoring the problem and hoping it will go away.

The foreign policies outlined will be difficult to achieve given how Chimpy and his merry band squandered the good-will towards America post 9/11 for their own short term political gain. And let's not forget Chimpy's disappointing, if not disturbing performance at the St. Petersburg G-8 summit. His political capital on the world stage dropped into the negative numbers at that point.

In all, there really isn't anything in that outline that the Administration has addressed in anything that could be considered an effective manner.

Naw...we've tried their alternative ways and ended up selling secrets to NK...and other enemies of this country...no thanks.

I am (as you well know) and advocate of a viable third party however. I am pretty much fed up with the current crop of "public" servants" and the entrenched idiots on both sides. Somebody needs to shake them ALL up.

Hmmm...Actually it was our good friend and ally in the "war on terror", Pakistan, which was responsible for selling nuclear secrets to NK and other enemies of this country.

At least we have one point of agreement. On others, we will simply have to agree to disagree.

Hmmm...Actually it was our good friend and ally in the "war on terror", Pakistan, which was responsible for selling nuclear secrets to NK and other enemies of this country.

At least we have one point of agreement. On others, we will simply have to agree to disagree.

Yep. But then we had already agreed to disagree some time ago.

Not quite true...A review of Clinton's policy of "engagement" with NK shows that his administration made concessions to both NK and China which included help in construction nuclear power plants and shipping them some 3 mil barrels of oil in exchange for 'monitoring' NK nuclear weapons development efforts as well as an attempt to discourage their ICBM work. I believe Perry was the ambassador and J. Carter played a key role in negotiating the concessions. As it turns out, their policy of appeasement is just what NK needed and wanted.

Forum List

Back