WELCOME UNIONS --- TO THE TEA PARTY MOVEMENT- they now oppose Obama care!!! Huge!!!

is it me or is jake starkey a false republican...?

the idiot is blathering about how to make seniors, unions etc....vote repub....

his ideas? have the gop take the dem platform :lol:

I dont go by what people claim I go by their postings and opinions over time.

As of right now I would call Jake a traditional Neo-Con. What is a traditional neo con So, what is a 'neocon'? - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review

Dems, unions may have deal on taxing 'Cadillac' health care plans - CNN.com

Seems they worked out a pretty sweet deal, exempt from then excise tax till 2017 and other perks. Well if you believe Obama will adher to it anyway. But it seems they are back in the fold. whilst now Obama has to figure out who else he can tax to make up for the lost revenue.

hell hire a lobbyist now and send him to Washington so you can get a piece of the pie, well only if you have at least 20 mill in the bank anyway. seems the Dems only talk to lobbyists now. I seem to remember Obama saying something about lobbyists if he became President........oh well I forget...heh heh

although the unions say they are trying to make it work for all americans not just union workers, I think that is a cover your butt statement because I doubt they would refuse an offer if it stated just union workers, I could be wrong but I doubt it.

Jackie is as much of a republican as Nan' Pelosi, and Harry Reid.

i have to concur....and i told him as much in a post in one of these threads....

Yes, you did, Harry. I remember that you were mad that I said we had to clean out the deadwood in the party that was hurting us.

As of right now I would call Jake a traditional Neo-Con. What is a traditional neo con So, what is a 'neocon'? - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review

Anything but, plymco. Read what I am above. The far rights are upset that I hold our deadwood accountable for our defeats; in my mind, those folks include the neo-cons we let into the party.

Yurt, try smaller government, less taxes, no foreign interventions, less government intrusions into our lives, pro-active on small business and the working class. You don't like it, then give us your money and vote and shut up, or move on.

Hey Jake, you are confusing me here, you sound like me. What's up with that????? Have you finally figured out that all the hope and change is the WRONG hope and change and it's just isn't working out?

Anything but, plymco. Read what I am above. The far rights are upset that I hold our deadwood accountable for our defeats; in my mind, those folks include the neo-cons we let into the party.

I love it when jackie says "we let". Yeah, he's such a conservative, he's just one of us that has turned away to being a far left loon.

Yep, you keep all that 'deadwood' out of 'your' party. At least the catering will be cheap. :lol::lol: And you can host all the meetings in your living room - cuz you'll be the only 'republican' left. Exactly how stupid are you, Joke... very few of us want 'in' to your party. Although I am considering joining.

although the unions say they are trying to make it work for all americans not just union workers, I think that is a cover your butt statement because I doubt they would refuse an offer if it stated just union workers, I could be wrong but I doubt it.

The majority of American workers are non-union, who are they going to get to pay for the Union share, the majority of middle class non-union Americans???

Reid, Pelosi and Obama were in an all day meeting BEHIND closed doors yesterday, Reid and Pelosi are in a meeting BEHIND closed doors today. Did Obama not promise 8-9 different times that all of this would be broadcast on C-Span? Doesn't this process make you all a little leary of what's going on? The Corn Husker Kickback, the Lousianna Purchase, another Nelson in Florida being allowed to have only his state's seniors keep medicare advantage. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, if it smells like a rat, it's a rat.

I have never been a liberal, and I am for less government and lower taxes, I guess that makes me a conservative and not a neo-con.:lol:

The majority of American workers are non-union, who are they going to get to pay for the Union share, the majority of middle class non-union Americans???

Reid, Pelosi and Obama were in an all day meeting BEHIND closed doors yesterday, Reid and Pelosi are in a meeting BEHIND closed doors today. Did Obama not promise 8-9 different times that all of this would be broadcast on C-Span? Doesn't this process make you all a little leary of what's going on? The Corn Husker Kickback, the Lousianna Purchase, another Nelson in Florida being allowed to have only his state's seniors keep medicare advantage. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, if it smells like a rat, it's a rat.

Agreed, I reposted my post in a new thread since this one was pretty worn out and mine got buried here. Yes this is a very very fishy deal being proposed but they had to try to get union support if they had any hope of passing it since unions seem to hold alot of sway over this health care debacle. bottum line the way they are opting organizations out of it ....it won't work

if you have a union Bo and they worked out a deal were they got you great Ins.....and your union could not or did not get you a great plan or you are not in a union.....oh well....

And here I thought we were going to get great healthcare with obamalama care. Now sillybooboo is saying we won't. Hmmm, so I guess the left loons are content with mediocrity, and everyone has to suffer.

The bill they passed is going to fix some of the things that are wrong with healthcare now. It doesn't start until 2012 and you guys are already saying its a failure? LOL.

The people who work for corporations and get decent healthcare, don't realize how costly it is for their employer. And the costs are going up. So instead of you getting a raise, the insurance companies are getting your raise.

And most of us have seen our costs increase over the years and some of us are denied coverage because the insurance companies don't want to pay.

And the cost are going up simply because the insurance giants are greedy. Like the oil companies, they have raised prices just to see how far they can go. Well they went too far and the government now has to regulate them. Or come up with an alternative to compete against them.

Why then are the insurance companies afraid that they can't compete with a public option. Its not a bad solution. Its a great solution, and the rich insurance giants are afraid of it. So they give you misinformation trying to kill any and all reform.

Like all for profit corporations, they are constantly cutting costs to save money. And that money isn't for shareholders. It goes to executive bonus'.

If the Dems didn't fix healthcare, 50% of us would not be able to afford it in 10 years. And I guarantee you broke asses would fall on the side of the uninsured. Don't think you would be safe.

The costs are going up, yes they are but just wait and see what happens to your health care premium after this monstrocity is passed. They will tax people who have decent insurance plans, that's why the unions are fighting this as hard as they are. That's a TAX INCREASE on the middle class. The taxes go into effect the minute this train wreck is signed and you don't get ANY benefits for 3-4 years.

It's akin to buying a home today, making your monthly mortgage payment on it and not being allowed to move in for 4 years. What a deal.

And sealy----------------------------------- this is not free health care, you either purchase your own policy that will be judged by the feds to be worthy or you pay a nice heafty fine for not having it. IT'S NOT FREE!!!!! NOT FOR ANYONE!!!!! EVEN YOU!!!!

And it does absolutely NOTHING to control the rising costs of healthcare and it will still NOT insure everyone.

Last edited:
And here I thought we were going to get great healthcare with obamalama care. Now sillybooboo is saying we won't. Hmmm, so I guess the left loons are content with mediocrity, and everyone has to suffer.

The bill they passed is going to fix some of the things that are wrong with healthcare now. It doesn't start until 2012 and you guys are already saying its a failure? LOL.

The people who work for corporations and get decent healthcare, don't realize how costly it is for their employer. And the costs are going up. So instead of you getting a raise, the insurance companies are getting your raise.

And most of us have seen our costs increase over the years and some of us are denied coverage because the insurance companies don't want to pay.

And the cost are going up simply because the insurance giants are greedy. Like the oil companies, they have raised prices just to see how far they can go. Well they went too far and the government now has to regulate them. Or come up with an alternative to compete against them.

Why then are the insurance companies afraid that they can't compete with a public option. Its not a bad solution. Its a great solution, and the rich insurance giants are afraid of it. So they give you misinformation trying to kill any and all reform.

Like all for profit corporations, they are constantly cutting costs to save money. And that money isn't for shareholders. It goes to executive bonus'.

If the Dems didn't fix healthcare, 50% of us would not be able to afford it in 10 years. And I guarantee you broke asses would fall on the side of the uninsured. Don't think you would be safe.

The costs are going up, yes they are but just wait and see what happens to your health care premium after this monstrocity is passed. They will tax people who have decent insurance plans, that's why the unions are fighting this as hard as they are. That's a TAX INCREASE on the middle class. The taxes go into effect the minute this train wreck is signed and you don't get ANY benefits for 3-4 years.

It's akin to buying a home today, making your monthly mortgage payment on it and not being allowed to move in for 4 years. What a deal.

And sealy----------------------------------- this is not free health care, you either purchase your own policy that will be judged by the feds to be worthy or you pay a nice heafty fine for not having it. IT'S NOT FREE!!!!! NOT FOR ANYONE!!!!! EVEN YOU!!!!

And it does absolutely NOTHING to control the rising costs of healthcare and it will still NOT insure everyone.

Maple I posted this last month it is a health care Q and A about health care written 21 dec 09 from ABC news,

Senate Health Care Bill: Frequently Asked Questions - ABC News

It says pretty much all you did, but from a pro Obama news channel. This health care reform is crap, and it is getting worse the more they put their fingers in it.

Last edited:

Hey maple, the current Senate bill offers fines of non-compliance about health insurance at $95 in 2014 moving it up to $750 in 2015, with premiums upward of $5k a year why would people even pay the premiums if the fines are well below the premiums and the fact that the IRS will control the fines and collect the fines. this all smells and I suspect people will just pay the fines when they file their W2. keep in mind that this is just the senate version and it is all likely to change. and it is all garbage really. here is the link. Seems it is all about feeding the feds and withholding tax returns if you do not have proof of health insurance.

Senate Passes Health Care Reform Bill - A Look at Differences in Bills

Maple I posted this last month it is a health care Q and A about health care written 21 dec 09 from ABC news,

Senate Health Care Bill: Frequently Asked Questions - ABC News

It says pretty much all you did, but from a pro Obama news channel. This health care reform is crap, and it is getting worse the more they put their fingers in it.

Yes, it does nothing that they stated it would do. The number one priority for this legislation was to keep health care costs down, making it more affordable to purchase. The number 2 priority was to make sure everyone had insurance. This plan, both the house and the senate does absolutely NOTHING to lower costs of health care, it DOES EVERYTHING TO INCREASE THEM. It will also INCREASE the national debt to 2.1 trillion.

It also will NOT cover EVERYONE, it is still estimated that millions will not have health care insurance.

It'a a failed peice of legislation- it does not do what it was orginally designed to do. Trash the POS and start over with bi-partisan ideas- get to a plan that does not need to be hidden from the public and one that has bi-partisan support and this country will support it.

It's easy-
1. Tort reform
2. Open competition among states.
3. Group small business.
4. Pre- tax dollars for HSA's.
5. Inexpensive- high deductible catastrophic plans.
6. Legislate to make it portable.
7. Legislate that insurance can not be denied because of pre-existing conditions.
8. Subsidize the poor.

There you have it, it could be done with 90% support, Obama would look good for doing it, but ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh no, he, Reid and Pelosi in an all day meeting yesterday figuring out what vote or votes they can buy next.

I have an idea for SNL- show Reid, Pelosi, Obama all walking into that closed door meeting all smiling, dressed nice, waving to the crowd of reporters, hours later, they come out, Pelosi is missing her front tooth, Reid has a black eye with a missing lens from his glasses and Obama's tie is strung around his ear and his jacket is in shreds. What a laugh that would be.:lol::lol::lol:

Thanks for the article, it says it all.

Last edited:
Then, dear Maple, why did not my party do that when it held power for six years?

Hey maple, the current Senate bill offers fines of non-compliance about health insurance at $95 in 2014 moving it up to $750 in 2015, with premiums upward of $5k a year why would people even pay the premiums if the fines are well below the premiums and the fact that the IRS will control the fines and collect the fines. this all smells and I suspect people will just pay the fines when they file their W2. keep in mind that this is just the senate version and it is all likely to change. and it is all garbage really. here is the link. Seems it is all about feeding the feds and withholding tax returns if you do not have proof of health insurance.

Senate Passes Health Care Reform Bill - A Look at Differences in Bills

I would absolutely opt out of buying insurance to pay the fine, it is a fraction of what you would pay for insurance. Who is going to insure those people that pay the fine???? Medicaid?our states are already bankrupt, they can not afford the increase in Medicaid that they would be forced to pay for. Arnold is having a fit about it out in California, states that this un-funded mandate would add billions to his budget and they are already bankrupt out there.

This really is garbage and it's NEVER been about health care reform, if it were, they could have fixed it with legislation and regulation on the insurance companies. They could have gotten it done in a month's time. It's not, it's about control over the people and more important, control over the people's money. THAT'S IT, it's not about health care reform. It's about a takeover of 6% of our economy.

" A government big enough to give you everything you need, is big enough to take everything you have." Thomas Jefferson

Then, dear Maple, why did not my party do that when it held power for six years?

How many times do we need to go over this Jake? I agree, the republicans spent their way out of congress and the senate that's exactly why they are in the MINORITY.

Thank you, Maple.

The point is this: health care reform is going to happen. Nothing that any of you who are opposed to reform has demonstrated that the earth is going to implode as a result, or other great disasters.

Jackie is as much of a republican as Nan' Pelosi, and Harry Reid.

i have to concur....and i told him as much in a post in one of these threads....

Yes, you did, Harry. I remember that you were mad that I said we had to clean out the deadwood in the party that was hurting us.

no ....i said you always side with the Left leaners and i have never seen you side with any right leaners,you just argue with them....and since you have sided with Rdean and Zona....well no Conservative of any variety would do that Jake....

New Topics

Forum List

Back