Welcome to Windows 8

Windows 8 is a horrible piece of shit.

What a brilliant review. You must use a mac...

LOL, you are one hell of a dumbass.

PC Gaming enthusiasts HATE Windows 8 because of how shitty it is and it's like using a mac.

You can only use applications and programs that are bough off the windows store on windows 8. Want to use your own program? Windows 8 won't run it.

Gaben Newell hates it and publicly condemned it, same with another PC Gaming platform owner/dev

My Rig
399630_525239367490372_891578824_n.jpg

It's a modded Dell Insperon 660 desktop.

LOL, you are one hell of a dumbass.

PC Gaming enthusiasts HATE Windows 8 because of how shitty it is and it's like using a mac.

You can only use applications and programs that are bough off the windows store on windows 8. Want to use your own program? Windows 8 won't run it.

Where the fuck do you come up with this idiocy?

I was running Torchlight II on it just fine, last night.

Gaben Newell hates it and publicly condemned it, same with another PC Gaming platform owner/dev

My Rig
399630_525239367490372_891578824_n.jpg

It's a modded Dell Insperon 660 desktop.

Gabe Newell?

{For Newell, technology shifts aren't just about video games but, "about thinking about goods and services in a digital world." As Apple paves the way for closed-platform hardware and software development, Newell sees other companies, namely Microsoft, picking up on this trend. Tightening development restrictions could mean either hard times for PC game designers or a shift away from the PC altogether. According to Newell, “We are looking at the platform and saying, ‘[Valve and Steam have] been a free rider, and we’ve been able to benefit from everything that went into PCs and the Internet, and we have to continue to figure out how there will be open platforms.'”}

Gabe Newell: "Windows 8 Is Kind of a Catastrophe" - IGN

Newell rightly points to the attempt by Microsoft to push the XBoxLive bullshit. He's right, it's a catastrophe for the PC world, if it succeeds. But it's doubtful that it will. Steam dominates and will continue to dominate. Steam runs just fine on Windows 8.

Here is what I run;

RIG:
XCLIO 2000 Black & Titanium Case
KingWin Gold Certified 80+ 1000 Watt PS
ASUS P8P67 Pro Motherboard
Intel Core I7 2600K @ 4.6 gHz
Corsair CWCH70 Hydro Series H70 CPU Liquid Cooler
CORSAIR Vengence 8GB
2 X Diamond Radeon 5870's In Crossfire
OCZ RevoDrive 80 GB PCIE SSD (540 MBps Read)
1TB WD Black Edition SATA 3 + 500 GB WD enhanced 32mb Cache SATA 2
Panasonic DVD
Windows 7 - 64 bit

Forum List

Back