Welcome To The Snake Pit

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
Michael Goodwin: Welcome to the snake pit: 'Deep state' leaves Trump no good options on FBI, Rosenstein

He supposedly called the meeting to explain himself to Comey’s crew, including Andrew McCabe, who had been named acting FBI director. Instead, it became a gripe session about Trump and chaos at the White House.

Rosenstein’s offer to record the president is said to have included a suggestion that applicants for the FBI job also record him. Considering the gravity of the meeting, none of that sounds like joke material.

Indeed, the Times describes Rosenstein’s state of mind as anything but jovial, saying he “appeared conflicted, regretful and emotional.” He was also “angry at Mr. Trump.”

It soon became clear just how angry. The next day, May 17, Rosenstein shocked Washington by appointing Robert Mueller as special counsel and directing him to take over the existing Russia collusion investigation and virtually anything else Mueller wanted to probe.

Trump it seems has no good options. According to Michael Goodwin.

Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy/Deep State.

Same old, same old.

So evidently Trump and Rosenstein are to meet on Thursday to discuss the NYT’s news story! Thursday is going to be busy!

I think it would have been great to record the "Don" I hope somebody has some recordings of President "Corleone".

"I made him an offer he couldn't refuse!"

Forum List

Back