Welcome to the Pinocchio Administration

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
In the 2004 movie “Garden State,” Natalie Portman plays Sam, a character who just can’t stop lying. “I don’t even know why I do it. It’s like… it’s like a tick, I mean sometimes I hear myself say something and then I think, wow, that wasn’t even remotely true,” she explains to lucky soon-to-be-boyfriend Zach Braff.

Five years later, Sam would be working for Obama. Why? Because she lies and since she’s cute and charismatic, no one cares.

What a perfect spokeswoman for the Obama administration. They lie with reckless abandon. But Obama flashes his trademark smile and no one notices –- especially the media.

You won’t hear about the lying on ABC, CBS or NBC. Or read it in The Washington Post or New York Times either. Last year, the news media threw considerable influence behind President Pinocchio. Now journalism is in such financial distress, they’d be hard-pressed to fact check his cereal box. Besides it’s a sin of Washington etiquette to call a deliberate political misstatements “lies.” Only the uncouth call them actual lies.

We are one month in to a marathon game of liar’s poker and the American public is playing the losing hand. It’s not as if the Obama folks are stupid. They aren’t. They aren’t even compulsive or pathological. They are simply of a breed apart from ordinary humans — they’re politicians.

Welcome to the Pinocchio Administration « FOX Forum « FOXNews.com

In the 2004 movie “Garden State,” Natalie Portman plays Sam, a character who just can’t stop lying. “I don’t even know why I do it. It’s like… it’s like a tick, I mean sometimes I hear myself say something and then I think, wow, that wasn’t even remotely true,” she explains to lucky soon-to-be-boyfriend Zach Braff.

Five years later, Sam would be working for Obama. Why? Because she lies and since she’s cute and charismatic, no one cares.

What a perfect spokeswoman for the Obama administration. They lie with reckless abandon. But Obama flashes his trademark smile and no one notices –- especially the media.

You won’t hear about the lying on ABC, CBS or NBC. Or read it in The Washington Post or New York Times either. Last year, the news media threw considerable influence behind President Pinocchio. Now journalism is in such financial distress, they’d be hard-pressed to fact check his cereal box. Besides it’s a sin of Washington etiquette to call a deliberate political misstatements “lies.” Only the uncouth call them actual lies.

We are one month in to a marathon game of liar’s poker and the American public is playing the losing hand. It’s not as if the Obama folks are stupid. They aren’t. They aren’t even compulsive or pathological. They are simply of a breed apart from ordinary humans — they’re politicians.

Welcome to the Pinocchio Administration « FOX Forum « FOXNews.com

All of it will take its toll in time.

No earmarks! (that is, after the 9,000 in the omibus!)

We must cut the defiecit in half! (after i triple it)

I will save us 40 billion in contracts! (After i spend 1 trillion in them)

Hmm....

Forum List

Back