Welcome to the Paranormal Forums

So what makes the topics different in this forum from those in the religion forum?

Religion depends on the existance or non existance of some form of deity.

The topics in this forum are not necessarily dependent on belief or non belief in any form of deity but rather focus on dimensions of the human experience or other life forms that may or may not exist.

So what makes the topics different in this forum from those in the religion forum?

Religion depends on the existance or non existance of some form of deity.

The topics in this forum are not necessarily dependent on belief or non belief in any form of deity but rather focus on dimensions of the human experience or other life forms that may or may not exist.

And to be fair, that's a good answer.

I have experienced the unexplainable from time to time sufficiently to believe there are forces beyond our 'normal' physical experiences and ability to discern.

I do believe there are people who are psychic and clairvoyant.

And there have been too many paranormal sightings reported by too many people who are known to be completely sane, normal, intelligent, and not given to telling made up stories to not believe there are phenomena that, for want of better explanation, we refer to as ghosts.

And there are too many encounters and sightings reported by too many people who are known to be sane, normal, intelligent, and not given to telling made up stories, to not 'believe there is phenomena that, for want of better explanation, we refer to as extraterrestrial.

I just have to agree with Foxfyre about this .. :eusa_angel:

I have a number of episodes which lead me also to believe that ..
'there are forces beyond our 'normal' physical experiences and ability to discern'.

They nearly always occur in stressful situations - I'll mention three -

First incident: My mum died of old age a few years ago. She finally had to go into a care home, and I used to visit her regularly. She slept mostly, except for brief periods when I visited.

The last time I saw her, she was very weak. We spoke a little, I said my usual farewells, waved, and left the room, pulling the door almost closed behind me.

I quickly realised I was walking down the wrong corridor - so I turned and walked back - maybe 15 seconds later - heading for the exit.

On my way, I had to pass by mum's room again - as I did so, I heard mum say (in a strong clear voice of a young woman) "Bye Gray". (name's Graham by the way).

It was so clear I replied "Bye mum". Then as I left I thought - but she couldn't have seen me - the door was almost closed, and if I'd have walked the right way, I'd have been gone at least half a minute. She would have had no reason to say "Bye" again.

Poor mum passed away that night. I never understood that, but I'm glad it happened.

Second incident:

At mum's funeral, the family gathered at the church. Among them was an aunt who had been married to my uncle Ben, the younger brother of my dad. They both came from a large, close family, mostly brothers - and dad died 40 years ago.

My aunt told me that just before my uncle died, one of their children asked her "who is that talking to dad ?" She could see no-one, but ..

She was of the firm belief, that my dad had 'visited' his dying brother.

Third incident:

I usually go to a fish and chip shop for a sit-in lunch on Fridays. It's run by a very nice guy from Cyprus. We always chat about politics, the weather, religion .. whatever.

He was sad yesterday, because his grandmother had died the day before. I commiserated, and because we had previously chatted about religion, he brought it up again that he remembered I was not religious. I said "well not in the usual Church way" - but that I firmly believed there were powers that we can never know.

He recounted how on the last day, his grandmother was seen 'kissing the air' - and wondered if she was seeing relatives long-passed, who were gathering around.

We cannot know or understand these things which we experience - but as Foxfyre says - it happens too often not to be significant.

Peace folks ..:eusa_angel:

I have to say, one thing does kinda freak me out. Sometimes I'll start dreaming about a person from my distant past, and then the next day or so I will inexplicably see them again.

Yes a good answer but both religion and paranormal rely heavially on life after death.

Things covered under the title "Paranormal" that don't involve life after death:

1. Alien Visitation.
2. Telepathy.
3. Prognostication.
4. Channeling.
5. Remote viewing.
6. Psychic Surgery.
7. Time Travel.
8. Anthropomorphic Global Climate Change.

So, how many of you people have come face to face with a "shadow person"?

I'm unfamiliar with it.

You mean like a government agent of some kind?

"Shadow people" were a concept I first was informed about from Art Bell who hosted a late night radio program that frequently featured topics re the paranormal. Bell has been retired for some time now and the program, "Coast to Coast" passed to George Noory who is a bit less extreme than Bell, but who still mentions the 'shadow people' now and then.

Both maintain we have all probably seen them. Those times when you think you saw something move out of the corner of your eye but when you look nothing is there? Or you see what seems to be a shadow passing through an adjacent darkened room? Presumably the shadow people live, well, in the shadows hidden from our conscious vision. Their origin and/or intent is presumably unknown but the late night guys are certain they are up to no good.

Interesting concept. Unsure if any 'scientific' studies have been done.

I have experienced the unexplainable from time to time sufficiently to believe there are forces beyond our 'normal' physical experiences and ability to discern.

I do believe there are people who are psychic and clairvoyant.

And there have been too many paranormal sightings reported by too many people who are known to be completely sane, normal, intelligent, and not given to telling made up stories to not believe there are phenomena that, for want of better explanation, we refer to as ghosts.

And there are too many encounters and sightings reported by too many people who are known to be sane, normal, intelligent, and not given to telling made up stories, to not 'believe there is phenomena that, for want of better explanation, we refer to as extraterrestrial.

I just have to agree with Foxfyre about this .. :eusa_angel:

I have a number of episodes which lead me also to believe that ..
'there are forces beyond our 'normal' physical experiences and ability to discern'.

Of course there are. that doesn't mean that they will not be explained scientifically in the future, and it doesn't mean there is only a metaphysical explanation.

They nearly always occur in stressful situations - I'll mention three -

First incident: My mum died of old age a few years ago. She finally had to go into a care home, and I used to visit her regularly. She slept mostly, except for brief periods when I visited.

The last time I saw her, she was very weak. We spoke a little, I said my usual farewells, waved, and left the room, pulling the door almost closed behind me.

I quickly realised I was walking down the wrong corridor - so I turned and walked back - maybe 15 seconds later - heading for the exit.

On my way, I had to pass by mum's room again - as I did so, I heard mum say (in a strong clear voice of a young woman) "Bye Gray". (name's Graham by the way).

It was so clear I replied "Bye mum". Then as I left I thought - but she couldn't have seen me - the door was almost closed, and if I'd have walked the right way, I'd have been gone at least half a minute. She would have had no reason to say "Bye" again.

Poor mum passed away that night. I never understood that, but I'm glad it happened.

My condolences, now remeber, you put it out here for all to see so i'll respond. I don't doubt that it happened exactly the way you describe, that said, there are a few easy explanations for it. One is that your mother, having just seen you, said bye to you because you left but since she was not completely alert, her response was delayed and by coincidence, just as you were walking back.

It's a nice story though and thanks for sharing it.

Second incident:

At mum's funeral, the family gathered at the church. Among them was an aunt who had been married to my uncle Ben, the younger brother of my dad. They both came from a large, close family, mostly brothers - and dad died 40 years ago.

My aunt told me that just before my uncle died, one of their children asked her "who is that talking to dad ?" She could see no-one, but ..

She was of the firm belief, that my dad had 'visited' his dying brother.

Unable to comment due to lack of info, and an explanation of why this couldn't have been the gost of his older brother takes a long and complicated post.

Third incident:

I usually go to a fish and chip shop for a sit-in lunch on Fridays. It's run by a very nice guy from Cyprus. We always chat about politics, the weather, religion .. whatever.

He was sad yesterday, because his grandmother had died the day before. I commiserated, and because we had previously chatted about religion, he brought it up again that he remembered I was not religious. I said "well not in the usual Church way" - but that I firmly believed there were powers that we can never know.

He recounted how on the last day, his grandmother was seen 'kissing the air' - and wondered if she was seeing relatives long-passed, who were gathering around.

We cannot know or understand these things which we experience - but as Foxfyre says - it happens too often not to be significant.

Peace folks ..:eusa_angel:
The "kiss" that he saw could have been anything. It could have been a hallucination of his grandmother's which is very very common when a person especially the elderly, is near death. Also, it could have been spasms. It most certainly wasn't anything paranormal.

I have to say, one thing does kinda freak me out. Sometimes I'll start dreaming about a person from my distant past, and then the next day or so I will inexplicably see them again.

You should look for a book called: "The Moon was Full and Nothing Happened", I forget who the author is, or try "The Demon Haunted World" by Carl Sagan.

Forum List

Back