Welcome to the Paranormal Forums

I am a complete skeptic, so it looks like it will be me vs everyone in this forum.

If you can still find it, look for a book called "The Moon was Full and Nothing Happened." It explains a lot of reasons why people believe things they do.

I am a complete skeptic, so it looks like it will be me vs everyone in this forum.
If you can still find it, look for a book called "The Moon was Full and Nothing Happened." It explains a lot of reasons why people believe things they do.

A lot of believers started out as non believers...I know, I was one.

A lot of believers started out as non believers...I know, I was one.

I started out as a believer and became a non-believer.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/paranormal/265637-the-evolution-of-a-skeptic.html#post6433012

I was kidnapped by some alien ghosts once, but the funny part was they looked like Big Foot. They tried to "probe me", but I told them to go **** themselves, and much to my suprise, they did!!! Horny little rascals.

• Thanks
Reactions: jan
Oooooo this could get scary :) Enjoy the forum, I for one like a good paranormal discussion.
My first paranormal experience:

On a ski vacation in CO with some girlfriends, I wake up and tell one of my GFs that I had a dream about her that night. I dreamt we saw an orange VW Thing on the way to the slopes and that she broke her leg. I told her this during breakfast.

After breakfast, we took the shuttle to the slopes. We had to walk through a big parking lot from the shuttle stop to the slopes and we saw an orange VW Thing. We all laughed about my dream.

Later that day, she wiped out, ski patrol came, she went to the hospital, and her leg was broken.

Odd stuff.

Oooooo this could get scary :) Enjoy the forum, I for one like a good paranormal discussion.

On a ski vacation in CO with some girlfriends, I wake up and tell one of my GFs that I had a dream about her that night. I dreamt we saw an orange VW Thing on the way to the slopes and that she broke her leg. I told her this during breakfast.

After breakfast, we took the shuttle to the slopes. We had to walk through a big parking lot from the shuttle stop to the slopes and we saw an orange VW Thing. We all laughed about my dream.

Later that day, she wiped out, ski patrol came, she went to the hospital, and her leg was broken.

Odd stuff.

:eek:

you set her up and broke her leg?????

i knew you were mean.... but damn. Thats sky stuff you are talking...... :lol:

Odd stuff.

:eek:

you set her up and broke her leg?????

i knew you were mean.... but damn. Thats sky stuff you are talking...... :lol:
:lol: The power of suggestion at work. I became a biatch at a young age. ;)

I lived in a house in Orange, Ca. where some weird stuff was going on.
Our dryer had a push button on/off feature, and it would go on in the middle of the night several times a week. Also, I had a stereo that would turn on all by itself on numerous ocassions. Lastly, there would be cups and silverware that would be falling on the floor from the drainboard in the kitchen. Never had this happen before and never had it happen since.....only in this house in Orange.

So you at least have an open mind about it? In our current house, the former occupant (who bought the house new) was a little old lady named Mrs. Baird who we understand was something of a character. We bought the house from her estate after she passed. But every now and then, when there is no obvious wind blowing, the front door opens. And we find cupboards open that we could have sworn had been closed before. And sometimes we hear noises like dishes or pots and pans being slightly jostled in the kitchen. And it is a standing joke that it is just Mrs. Baird puttering around. Not something we take all that seriously and not at all frightening. Real? Who knows. Probably not. But I too try to keep an open mind.

After our most beloved little dog passed we locked down the doggie door and gave away or threw away all his stuff. But sometimes we still hear the doggie door snap like it did when he came through and could swear we hear his claws clicking on the tile floor in the kitchen. Real? Again probably not. But that one it is comforting to keep an open mind about. :)

That has happened to me too through the years with pets we've lost along the way. And what's more is that my current pets act weird at those moments where I'll hear paw steps or something like that...I think animals are much more astute about this stuff than we are.

But I swear that there have been times where my live pets have played with my pets who have passed. Strange indeed! I know...this sounds nuts.

Our dryer had a push button on/off feature, and it would go on in the middle of the night several times a week. Also, I had a stereo that would turn on all by itself on numerous ocassions. Lastly, there would be cups and silverware that would be falling on the floor from the drainboard in the kitchen. Never had this happen before and never had it happen since.....only in this house in Orange.

So you at least have an open mind about it? In our current house, the former occupant (who bought the house new) was a little old lady named Mrs. Baird who we understand was something of a character. We bought the house from her estate after she passed. But every now and then, when there is no obvious wind blowing, the front door opens. And we find cupboards open that we could have sworn had been closed before. And sometimes we hear noises like dishes or pots and pans being slightly jostled in the kitchen. And it is a standing joke that it is just Mrs. Baird puttering around. Not something we take all that seriously and not at all frightening. Real? Who knows. Probably not. But I too try to keep an open mind.

After our most beloved little dog passed we locked down the doggie door and gave away or threw away all his stuff. But sometimes we still hear the doggie door snap like it did when he came through and could swear we hear his claws clicking on the tile floor in the kitchen. Real? Again probably not. But that one it is comforting to keep an open mind about. :)

That has happened to me too through the years with pets we've lost along the way. And what's more is that my current pets act weird at those moments where I'll hear paw steps or something like that...I think animals are much more astute about this stuff than we are.

But I swear that there have been times where my live pets have played with my pets who have passed. Strange indeed! I know...this sounds nuts.

It sounds nuts until you experience it. Is what you witness real in the way you think it might be? Who knows? No way to test it or know for sure now. But I don't call anybody nuts when they are otherwise rational and express what they have experienced. I don't always assume they have the right interpretation for it, but I don't doubt their experience.

Yea, one night possum looked out the window an' fainted dead away...

... `cause he thought he saw a ghost out inna street...

... turned out it was just steam risin' from a manhole cover.
:eusa_shifty:

Last edited:
And i love this subject. Even though it isn't in the CDZ any more, I will try to behave because I want to debate the subject. I promise.

LOL. That is appreciated. :) This particular thread has never been in the CDZ. I did have one in the CDZ that I asked to be moved to this new forum because I thought it belonged here.

Paranormal forums are hilarious. Where else can you see thousands of threads on something and never see actual proof. Well besides the conspiracy section anyway lol.

Several years ago a friend of mine bought an old abandoned church and the property around it. There was a cemetery nearby but not on the property.

Anyway, one night a few of us slept over and I woke up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom.

In one of the rooms I saw what looked to be a small boy just standing there. I said something to him and he never said anything or looked at me or knew I was there.

I freaked, ran back to my room to get someone, came back and he was gone.

Never saw him again.

There was no one who lived near this area and no way a small child would be there.

I had a nightmare that we reelected Obama.

My interpretation of your dream is that you were correct! :)

I for one like a good paranormal discussion.

I do as well. I'm not sure I believe in all things paranormal...but I find other peoples experiences interesting. For instance...my Mother would have forwarning dreams. She dreamed that my Father was going to die and a few days later, sure enough he did. She also dreamed about a neighbor dying...and again...sure enough they went shortly after that as well. Interesting I think...surely it couldn't have been a coincidence two times in a row...so maybe there is something to people having forboding dreams?

Those are not fun dreams. I have them, rarely, but they are very disturbing.

I have experienced the unexplainable from time to time sufficiently to believe there are forces beyond our 'normal' physical experiences and ability to discern.

I do believe there are people who are psychic and clairvoyant.

And there have been too many paranormal sightings reported by too many people who are known to be completely sane, normal, intelligent, and not given to telling made up stories to not believe there are phenomena that, for want of better explanation, we refer to as ghosts.

And there are too many encounters and sightings reported by too many people who are known to be sane, normal, intelligent, and not given to telling made up stories, to not believe there is phenomena that, for want of better explanation, we refer to as extraterrestrial.

I've always thought it was particularly arrogant to assume that homo sapiens were the only sentient beings in the entire universe.

I've never personally experienced any type of paranormal occurrence or activity ... no messages from beyond the grave, no ghostly apparitions appearing, no furniture rearranging itself, and so on.

Damn it.

:mad:

Have you ever known anyone who has?

No. :(

And I'm open to it, I don't believe that when we die we all leave.

I very, very frequently know who is on the other end of the phone calling me (no caller ID here) and I tend to be very intuitive but that's about it ... and that's not really anything. <sigh>

Actually, it is a fairly unique talent.

I had a big tabby manx that died in my old place. Until I sold that house, we could spot him sitting at the end of the hall, in front of my daughter's bedroom. I wonder whether he has haunted the subsequent owners.

Paranormal forums are hilarious. Where else can you see thousands of threads on something and never see actual proof. Well besides the conspiracy section anyway lol.

Oh please, what can you actually prove? Can you prove that the left is better than the right? Can you prove that the Zionists are worse than Iran and company? Can you prove that God exists etc etc? What exactly can we prove on these boards spanky? Hell, we can't even prove that smoking causes cancer. It seems to me that most things devolve into a belief of some kind from the information we have around us. A belief system is merely our way of making sense of the world around us by coming to conclusions about things we cannot prove.

I'm guessing that if you felt that you had a haunting of some kind you would not be so sure of yourself.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back