Welcome to "The Double-Dip" Economy

Personally, what springs to my mind is that the Republicans, at this point, could probably nominate Caligula's horse to the Senate and still win. There's nothing wrong with a horse Senator that 18.3% unemployment can't fix. *nods*

If Caligula's horse commits to voting "NEIGH" on every bill he'll have my vote.....:lol:

Hi Kiss:

KissMy is WAY off base with this nonsense ...

For every person the Obamacrat government allows to continue living in a foreclosed home for free it kills many local Main Street jobs & local taxes but increases profits for mega multinational corporations on Wall Street & increases jobs in foreign countries like China. Government has inserted itself & wall street between local business & customers thus destroying the main street economy.

Obama (just like Bush) allows 20 to 30 MILLION Illegal Aliens to run around loose everywhere stealing identities and JOBS from American Workers. The Obama Administration and Congress have adopted policies that reward NAFTA Offshoring of the Manufacturing Base that destroy JOBS here in America. We have 23 Guest Worker Programs that bring in 1.5 MILLION more Foreign Nationals that displace U.S. Workers from JOBS, then KissMy :)cuckoo:) rants about Obama allowing displaced U.S. Workers to stay in their foreclosed homes. Obama and the corrupt Congress are destroying the American Consumer Base and Tax Base, so what you see is what you deserve ...

These slackers no longer pay their payments for property taxes or homeowners insurance so their local insurance agent fires all their employees & goes out of business.

Slackers??? You have some nerve!!!! A member of my family has worked at Cocoa Masonry of Pinellas County since the mid 1960's. This company employed more than 350 people, but today the doors are closed; because the competition is using more than their fair share of Illegal Aliens. Right now, people that have never received one cent of unemployment benefits are exhausting those benefits and falling behind on house payments. These hard-working people have been 'displaced' by Illegal Aliens and unscrupulous contractors willing to hire them at less than half the price to 'lower' prices to below cost!

Explain to me how real Americans with house payments and tax payments and insurance payments are supposed to compete with 20 Illegal Aliens living in one house??? No sir. You are defending Barry (Obama) that is destroying America right before our eyes ...

GL,

Terral

Great response, I enjoyed that.

I hate to beat a dead horse but seriously...

This depression is the end result of very poorly thought out trade policies.

For DECADES the lower half of the popilation was losing ground even as they were losing their industrial jobs.

The American people responded in every way they could to counter the pernicious effects of these boneheaded policies.

We because the best educated workforce on earth, our business also become the most efficient on earth (ironically that put more American out of work, but I don't fault the businesses for making that decision), then the Americans send our women to work to augment our families' incomes; they borrowed on credit cards hoping better times would come and then they started borrowing on the only equity most middle class people still had, which was the equity on our inflated home prices.

Basically, what this depression should be informing us of is this.

SOCIETY NEEDS BALANCE between supply ( the investor class) and demand (the worker/consumer classes)

When you screw the working class for a temporary advantage to the investor class, (through labor laws, trade polcies and tax policies) and your whole economy is based on a consumer driven economy, well guess what?

Eventually (meaning today is that eventuality) your poorer working class neighbor's economic problems become YOUR nations' economic problem.

There's no FREE LUNCH in economics, folks. We're either a society that thinks about what good for the SOCIETY, or we're not.

We cannot bankrupt three classes of the economy, to make the other two classes wealthier without ultimately screwing our entire economy up.

I really do not know how we back out of this problem, now. Every avenue we might take is fraught with peril.

We might start by imposing a 35% tariff on all imported goods from China, though.

That 35% is the difference between what the Yaun is really worth, versus the state imposed rate of exchange.

This would make imports from China more costly, thus giving incentive for some US (and even Chinese) corporations to locate industry in the USA.

Because until we solve the unemployment problem, no machinations of the currency, or banking regulations or manipulations of the interest rates is REALLY going to solve the problem.

Last edited:

New Topics

Forum List

Back