Welcome to the 10%ers

I want to see some polls on what people think of their own Congressman. That's what really counts.

There's polling out there for each of those up for re-election this year.

Suprise! Most incumbents are leading, by large margins. Congress always has low approval ratings - remember, back in 2008 - when the standard Conservative response to anyone talking about Bush's approval rating was to quote the even lower approval ratings for congress.

Remember the election in 2008? Once again, incumbents won.

The problem is in both parties. And it's also in the bullshit candidates the parties tend to run against people they think are "safe" incumbents. My Congresscritter would have been gone at least two cycles ago, if the opposition had just run somebody who wasn't even worse.

And don't get me started about what the Senate election here looks like it's shaping up to be - Specter vs. Santorum in a new body (although Toomey actually does live in the state - he has that going for him). We already kicked that asshole to the curb once, we don't need his clone.

With such lousy choices I wonder if I'll even bother voting this time around. Surely we can do better?

The problem is in both parties. And it's also in the bullshit candidates the parties tend to run against people they think are "safe" incumbents. My Congresscritter would have been gone at least two cycles ago, if the opposition had just run somebody who wasn't even worse.

And don't get me started about what the Senate election here looks like it's shaping up to be - Specter vs. Santorum in a new body (although Toomey actually does live in the state - he has that going for him). We already kicked that asshole to the curb once, we don't need his clone.

With such lousy choices I wonder if I'll even bother voting this time around. Surely we can do better?
Write in.

Goldcatt for Senate!

Write in.

Goldcatt for Senate!

You drafting me, Si? :lol:

I can be a caucus of one and tell 'em all to go to hell. Works for me!

That poll must be skewed....it cant be.

When Nancy Pelosi became speaker, she cleaned things up as promised. She ensured bi-partisanship; worked well with Bush and certainly works well with Obama.

She and Reid have an excellent "country first" attitude...and are always on the same page.

She has great control over her party and ensures that all memebers of the house vote with their consituants in mind while putting party allegiance aside.

She has held all those accountable for issues...such as Rangel and his tax issues....and has not allowed her party allegiance get in the way of her decision making.

People need to start watching a more balanced news...maybe MSNBC.....the polls would show a better performance rating.

Too many lies about congress being spewed by the right wing baised media.

Write in.

Goldcatt for Senate!

You bet! You're an independent thinker - perfect for the job.

xotoxi-albums-pictures-3-picture1356-pole-trending-down.gif

Write in.

Goldcatt for Senate!

You bet! You're an independent thinker - perfect for the job.

All right. I'll be accepting your generous contributions via Pay Pal. ;)

Seriously though, the two parties need to either get their act together and stop running corrupt puppets or get out of the way. I'm tired of having to hold my nose and vote for the lesser of two evils. This year is shaping up to be even worse than '08, and I wouldn't have thought that was possible. When the challenger makes even Darlin' Arlen look somewhat palatable, you know there's a problem.

Forum List

Back