Welcome to my Pity Party

william the wie

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2009
Last night I decided to put all US issues: trusts, LPs and stocks; that yield more than 8% and cost less than $10 on my watch list. I'm still working through the backlog I didn't get to last night and I still haven't really started on screening for issues with options. My horseback guess is that I will have roughly 70-90 issues with these criteria. I am thinking of cutting back to less than $5. Questions, comments, advice or heckling?

Last night I decided to put all US issues: trusts, LPs and stocks; that yield more than 8% and cost less than $10 on my watch list. I'm still working through the backlog I didn't get to last night and I still haven't really started on screening for issues with options. My horseback guess is that I will have roughly 70-90 issues with these criteria. I am thinking of cutting back to less than $5. Questions, comments, advice or heckling?
/——/ You’re making yourself jump through so many hoops for what? Stop driving yourself guessing. No serious investor does this. Stick with ETFs

/——/ You’re making yourself jump through so many hoops for what? Stop driving yourself guessing. No serious investor does this. Stick with ETFs

His imaginary trades are very intricate.

His imaginary trades are very intricate.
/—-/ There are some in our investors club that chase dividends and can’t seem to get ahead.

I hold to the following principles:
Graham got it right in 1931 as to dividends, alpha and beta

The probability of an issue doubling in price inversely correlates with current price

Use yield, both dividends and option premiums for diversifying across the universe of issues that meet the criteria for buying.

Forum List

Back