Welcome to more control from Obama

Time for a Nationwide ID that is linked to biometric proof of identity.

It would end the problems with illegals working, healthcare, driving and whatever else states want to use it for

The whatever else the states want to use it for is what worries me. That opens up a bigger can of worms than the real id debate has.
That is the issue, state sovereignty, which is tied to individual freedoms.
The issue that sparked dissent from the states, including yours, is an unfunded mandate by the federal government.
The issue of requiring it to fly is simply a way to cover the actions of a power-hungry federal government.
The "whatever else" is exactly the problem.
Look where else a national id was implemented.
Group Classification on National ID Cards - Jim Fussell - 15 Nov 2001
People that allowed "whatever else they want to use it for" are to blame for allowing that to happen.

You can't whine about the problems of illegal aliens and identity theft without a fool proof national ID

You can't whine about the problems of illegal aliens and identity theft without a fool proof national ID

Your state and mine both said real id would make it easier to steal ids.
My state issues non-residents licenses clearly stating "non-resident alien". They are even a different color. I bet Nj does the same.
Illegal aliens here do not get driver's licenses, that is not legal. They either lie and get one illegally or go somewhere and buy fake ones.
What state issues illegals licenses/ To my knowledge the op is even wrong, NM does not even do that.
Legal immigrants and visitors, but not illegals legally get driver's licenses.

From KOB.com, a Albuquerque, New Mexico, tv station:

"A federal mandate says driver’s licenses won’t be accepted as identification to fly in 2010 if the license doesn’t meet federal standards. New Mexico is among 36 states that don’t meet requirements because it allows driver’s licenses to be issued to foreign nationals."

So what are we to do if we want to fly to Grandma's house on January 2, 2010? Just one more way to control the sheepie in this country. Oh yeah, this is CHANGE so it is wonderful.

Well, Fossil, it looks like your brain has completely mineralized. Most of us don't remember President Obama being President in 2005. Does that help you to remember who was?

Real Nightmare

Missouri Rejects the Real ID Act Of 2005

15 states have legally opted out of Real ID implementation

You mean the REAL citizens of the Untied States of America are going to be subjected to more control than illegals crossing our borders or international travelers'?
Welcome to the new "America of Change" as promised by the 'big "O".

Here's one link to this Real-ID topic.

Real Nightmare

It is becoming more and more like Amerika isn't it.?

I am afraid this is something that has to be done in order to tighten the security of this country, like it or not. The more we are threatened the more the security noose tightens, they kinda go hand-in-hand.

Stupid ass. Cannot you see the 2005?

My state issues non-residents licenses clearly stating "non-resident alien". They are even a different color. I bet Nj does the same.
Illegal aliens here do not get driver's licenses, that is not legal. They either lie and get one illegally or go somewhere and buy fake ones.
What state issues illegals licenses/ To my knowledge the op is even wrong, NM does not even do that.

More reason for getting a fool proof National ID. I don't give a crap what my state thinks, they are run by corrupt idiots. Give every legitimate American an ID that is linked by photo, retinal scan, DNA to provide positive proof who you are. It can be used for employment, drivers license, social security, passport or whatever.

What is the purpose of a Drivers License? Is it to show you have the skills and knowledge to operate a motor vehicle or is it an ID?

It is twofold. The first time it is issued to you (as a youngster) it is to show you had some minimum ability to drive a vehicle. After that it is a revenue producing agent for the state. The only time I have to use it as an ID is for a rental car or to show my signature.

What is the purpose of a Drivers License? Is it to show you have the skills and knowledge to operate a motor vehicle or is it an ID?

It is twofold. The first time it is issued to you (as a youngster) it is to show you had some minimum ability to drive a vehicle. After that it is a revenue producing agent for the state. The only time I have to use it as an ID is for a rental car or to show my signature.

Is it in our best interests to have illegal aliens demonstrate they can drive a vehicle safely? If that is the purpose of a license and not a proof of citizenship?

More reason for getting a fool proof National ID. I don't give a crap what my state thinks, they are run by corrupt idiots. Give every legitimate American an ID that is linked by photo, retinal scan, DNA to provide positive proof who you are. It can be used for employment, drivers license, social security, passport or whatever.
...voting (whoops...that keeps the dead and fictional from voting by proxy), card-key entry through federal portals, record of whereabouts, travel habits....all sorts of information and control. Maybe an embedded chip in each newborns skull to broadcast vital signs, whereabouts and verbal utterances. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

...voting (whoops...that keeps the dead and fictional from voting by proxy), card-key entry through federal portals, record of whereabouts, travel habits....all sorts of information and control. Maybe an embedded chip in each newborns skull to broadcast vital signs, whereabouts and verbal utterances. :rolleyes:

Want to borrow my tin foil hat?

That is what government is paid to do. Control. If there was less control there would be less services for all of us. Government do not want all this control, which means more work. If not for you and this country humongous growth, government would not have to grow and get bigger. Bigger government is not by choice but by necessity.
We have always had government so stop your belly aching. It's here to stay and thank GOD. GOD set the first government in actions when he said Ceasar's things to Ceasar" and "obey Superior Authorities". I know you are a Christian and you should know this.

But Christians only want to accept those parts of the bible that fits their deeds.

If I find ANYONE in government that is a superior authority, I'll let you know. My guess is it will be at least three generations froms now. Less control and less services are fine by me. Growing government is only a necessity for the weak minded.

God did not set government in action. Jesus, not God, said what you quoted. He merely stated you should return to the state that which was the state's. It was a trap set by people much like yourself. The important point was render unto God what is his. THis meant everything outside of government, namely your life and soul. You suggest that somehow governmetn has our lives and that is untrue.

In Michigan the ID will have your social security number, blood type and other medical information on it as well. None of you have addressed that here. Are you aware what the ID is really capable of being?

This is very old news. I hate to say it, but Obama didn't have anything to do with this as president.
Google 'real id' and see how long this has been in the works.

Real Nightmare
Since I saw the news posting on KOB I have found out that the federal law was passed several years ago. So you are right, I was mistaken to blame President Obama.

However what really gets my goat is our slimy governor, Bill Richardson, pushed the state legislature to pass the law allowing illegals to get a driver license. Even after knowing it would invalidate the right of New Mexico citizens to fly unless they bought a passport. So my beef is really with the idiots in Santa Fe. Thanks to those DEMOCRATS 90% of New Mexico is grounded. What is even funnier is I wonder how this will impact upon our tourism industry which accounts for about 25% of the states income?

The logic was that the illegals have to have personal transportation to get to the fields to pick the food that's put on your table. Unless you want to do it.

From KOB.com, a Albuquerque, New Mexico, tv station:

"A federal mandate says driver’s licenses won’t be accepted as identification to fly in 2010 if the license doesn’t meet federal standards. New Mexico is among 36 states that don’t meet requirements because it allows driver’s licenses to be issued to foreign nationals."

So what are we to do if we want to fly to Grandma's house on January 2, 2010? Just one more way to control the sheepie in this country. Oh yeah, this is CHANGE so it is wonderful.

Stop whining and get your state to fix its licensing procedures.
Or get a passport or other acceptable form of ID

Thank Bush for the CHANGE

Seems Nj legislaters have introduced anti-real id legislation as well.
hint: it's about state sovereignty and unfunded mandates from the federal government as well as concerns over increased id theft.

Isn't it interesting that the right screams about state sovereignty, but only when it suits their personal wishes.

You mean the REAL citizens of the Untied States of America are going to be subjected to more control than illegals crossing our borders or international travelers'?
Welcome to the new "America of Change" as promised by the 'big "O".

Here's one link to this Real-ID topic.

Real Nightmare

It is becoming more and more like Amerika isn't it.?

I am afraid this is something that has to be done in order to tighten the security of this country, like it or not. The more we are threatened the more the security noose tightens, they kinda go hand-in-hand.

Last I looked, international travelers still had to produce a passport. Border crossings allow migrant workers and others to cross if they can produce a work visa. Do you know what you're talking about?

The 911 hijackers had illegally obtained 13 US drivers licenses. Nuff said?

It is BOTH, New Jersey and other states use the Photo ID not only to show you passed the drivers exam and are qualified to drive to the police if pulled over, but also to confirm ages, for those who appear 'underage', and ID'ing those people for Banking transactions etc, so they know hopefully who you really are, along with retailers and others. We know there are lots of fake ID's out there like money or anything else, that's the way it is.

So, to repeat, in the "old days' it was for police checks and checking underage'rs trying to beat the system by buying booze and cigarettes etc.

But then again, I know you already know this.

When I drove a truck a legal controversy came up about non-law enforcement requiring a driver to show a driver's license to pick up a load. For some reason it was deemed invasion of privacy and a threat to one's id. (id theft) For that reason it seemed that companies were going to be required to issue photo id's to drivers. In the end, the shippers simply posted a notice advising drivers that it was their right not to hand over a driver's license, and it was the shipper's right to deny the driver the load.
At the time I was told that it was illegal for non-law enforcement to demand to see your driver's license.

Photo IDs are also not helpful. Mine doesn't look anything like me. Seriously. The only way I could tell it wasn't a mistake and the person didn't accidentally snap the next person is line is by the clothes I'm wearing in it. I've actually had people peer at me up close and personal because I don't match the photograph.

Time for a Nationwide ID that is linked to biometric proof of identity.

It would end the problems with illegals working, healthcare, driving and whatever else states want to use it for

Yes, an eye scan or thumbprint. The technology is already available.

Well, you can't get past the lobby of any federal building in the country without proper ID, which in my area means TWO. So be prepared. (And leave your gun at home.)

Contrary to wide-spread rumor that Acorn produced tens of thousands of bogus voters in 2008, you cannot VOTE unless you are REGISTERED and your name is checked off the grand list at the polling place. You could have 20 IDs, and it wouldn't make a bit of difference if you had not registered to vote first. Absentee ballots must be applied for in the same manner. The number of "dead people" showing up to vote results from the state or district or both never having been notified of someone's death.

Maggie, is there screaming going on? Who is on the right? I have been against expanding the federal government for all my adult life. I live where I do because of the constitution of my state and the 'live and let live' attitude here. I grew up with my grandfather who was the oldest contrarian I know. He taught me to despise authoritarian control. he taught me to never trust any political parties, so I have never belonged to one. That means i never have voted in a primary election since I turned 18. He required that I read the writings of our founding fathers and that I write reports on what i read.
I have seen several of your posts. From the looks of it it seems you are very quick to label those that you do not agree with and to assert that you know best for everyone. I would offer that some of your posts in other threads seem to indicate that when you have made up your mind, you do not accept any new information or seem to care about facts or opinions. I see someone who is convinced of their intellectual superiority. I see in your posts someone that does not seem to think for themselves but takes their opinions from one politicial party.
I would offer to you that I do live in a very conservative part of the country. In the town that I live in, I am considered a very liberal person. I am certain that if I lived in the east, I would be considered a very conservative person. I take delight in the fact that we are a nation made stronger by differing opinions, politically and regionally. I do not see you as that kind of person, based upon your posts here. I see your posts as an indication that you are a party tool of the most dangerous kind. After reading several of your posts, in several threads that you seem compelled to input your party's opinions into in a most uninformed manner, I have decided that I can not find intellectual value in your posts. Your posts are those of a political tool, one that does not have the ability to think for themselves. The only value in your posts is to see clearly that your party, just like the other party, is one of authoritarianism and control.
That being said, I hope you are happier than your posts seem to indicate. Your posts seem to indicate someone who feels frustrated,impotent and powerless. That's typical among the authoritarian individuals among us.
As for the subject matter of the thread, please offer some valid opinions, they will actually gain you respect. I have stated my opinions in a clear manner, while you offer only 'drive-by' jabs at those you do not agree with.

Forum List

Back