Welcome to Kookville

Said1

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2004
Somewhere in Ontario
Welcome to Kookville!
by Alan Caruba

December 20, 2004

There was a time when, if you wrote or spoke out against the United Nations, you would be dismissed as some right-wing kook, a nutcase who saw conspiracies or was some kind of isolationist who didn’t understand the need for an international forum where the problems of the world could be resolved without resort to warfare.

Well, friend, welcome to Kookville! Turns out that the United Nations is not simply incapable of stopping wars and genocides, it is so utterly corrupt that it needs to be eliminated entirely in the hope that the many other existing international organizations, treaties, unilateral and bilateral relations can be allowed to do what it will not and cannot.

Hopefully, 2005 will be the year that historians will mark as the one in which this bloated international criminal conspiracy implodes from its own dead weight.

This is not a new thought to me, but it resurfaced as I read an October 9 news article about "a tough new anti-terrorism resolution aimed at stemming attacks on civilians by denying terrorists safe havens, weapons, financial resources, and freedom of movement." Introduced by the Russian Federation, it was unanimously passed by the UN Security Council. It was described as strengthening the "essential coordinating role of the United Nations in the international campaign against the terrorist threat."

This is the same United Nations that did nothing when Red China invaded and occupied Tibet. And then gave Taiwan’s seat to Red China.

This is the same United Nations that stood by while Rwanda went about the business of slaughtering hundreds of thousands of innocent civilians.

This is the same United Nations that has been unable to stop the Sudan from conducting genocide against more than a million of its Christian citizens. And Sudan is a member of the UN Human Rights Commission!

This is the same United Nations that has been unable to persuade Syria to withdraw its occupation troops from Lebanon.

This is the same United Nations that has stood by for years as the Palestinians waged a terrorist campaign against the Israelis and then chided the Israelis for building a fence as a means to defend themselves.

Article

proud to be a kook, and my deepest apologies to those i criticized in the past on this board and throughout my life for realizing early on what it took me years to realize, the UN is a sick joke

NATO AIR said:
proud to be a kook, and my deepest apologies to those i criticized in the past on this board and throughout my life for realizing early on what it took me years to realize, the UN is a sick joke

I saw a really good paying job listing for a clerical positon with a UN office here in Ottawa....very tempting. :D

Said1 said:
If they pay the same as the UN, I might just do that. :tng:

well mickeymouseland has people that pretend to be rats (sorry mice and rats are the same to me)

the UN office has rats that pretend to be people

NATO AIR said:
well mickeymouseland has people that pretend to be rats (sorry mice and rats are the same to me)

the UN office has rats that pretend to be people

The position is with the UNHCR fundraising division of all places. No thanks, I'll keep my present job.

Said1 said:
I'm not on the ball today, it took me a second to get that! :laugh:

I think Sevan was transfered there recently, not sure though.

Take it-----we need a spy in there !!!!! ahhhhhhh the stories you could sell---er tell :tng:

Said1 said:
I saw a really good paying job listing for a clerical positon with a UN office here in Ottawa....very tempting. :D

Cool. Do it. Change that crap organization from the inside!

Forum List

Back