Welcome to Climate Change

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
_79143224_weather4.jpg

The title says it all.

See lots more @ BBC News - In pictures Snow chaos in north-eastern US

I like how the two houses in the middle went to all the trouble to clear their driveways. Because you never know when you might need to go nowhere.

If that happened to me, I'd be up clearing the roof first.

Granted, I have a one-story house, and the roof doesn't slope much. If I fell off, I'd land unharmed in a snowdrift. But the wide flat roof thing is why it would be so vital to clear it.

New York snowstorm State officials says things will only get worse as more snow and floods forecast to historic bad weather - Americas - World - The Independent

“This is an historic event,” Governor Andrew Cuomo told reporters last night. “When all is said and done, this snowstorm will break all sorts of records.” He added: “It will get worse before it gets better.”

Once the coming storm front has passed, things are forecast to warm up across the state. But that will only pile more misery on beleaguered residents, Cuomo said, with the vast snowmelt likely to cause significant flooding. Forecasters also said there could be heavy rain at the weekend.

Wider and wilder swings with an overall warming. Looks like the people in Buffalo are going to experiance that in spades.

If that happened to me, I'd be up clearing the roof first.

Granted, I have a one-story house, and the roof doesn't slope much. If I fell off, I'd land unharmed in a snowdrift. But the wide flat roof thing is why it would be so vital to clear it.

You must be a tropicalist. :lol:
Snow on the roof is a blessing. As long as it's up there you have an extra layer of insulation.

New York snowstorm State officials says things will only get worse as more snow and floods forecast to historic bad weather - Americas - World - The Independent

“This is an historic event,” Governor Andrew Cuomo told reporters last night. “When all is said and done, this snowstorm will break all sorts of records.” He added: “It will get worse before it gets better.”

Once the coming storm front has passed, things are forecast to warm up across the state. But that will only pile more misery on beleaguered residents, Cuomo said, with the vast snowmelt likely to cause significant flooding. Forecasters also said there could be heavy rain at the weekend.

Wider and wilder swings with an overall warming. Looks like the people in Buffalo are going to experiance that in spades.

The fucking moron thinks this is because of climate change.... Man Caused Climate Change... PROVE IT!

What kills me about this stupidity is this is a nor'easter enhanced lake effect snow storm.. They happen about every 60 years just after Solar Max and at the start of the global cooling cycle.

Its freaking NORMAL!

I'm amazed at the exercise of your new weatherman creds.

Increasing the delta T driving the world's weather systems doesn't create new varieties of weather though we will certainly suffer pattern changes. But it will increase the average energy involved.

I'm amazed at the exercise of your new weatherman creds.

Increasing the delta T driving the world's weather systems doesn't create new varieties of weather though we will certainly suffer pattern changes. But it will increase the average energy involved.

CO2 does NOT control climate..

meh

Huge snowstorms have been happening forever in the Buffalo area. Only the hopelessly duped suckers buy into that this is some new phenomenom!!:eusa_dance::eusa_dance::funnyface:

Its called "lake effect snow"....................duh

Almost 40 inches in 1937 in a few hours...........among others >>>

Western New York Weather History

Some people see pictures and just tend to get hysterical.......and the religion knows this.:bye1: They never want to talk about the history with these types of things.............kinda fubar's the whole narrative!!:up:

As we post, records are being set in Australia and South America for heat. Then you have events like this;

Wild weather in the Arctic causes problems for people and wildlife -- ScienceDaily

The residents of Longyearbyen, the largest town on the Norwegian Arctic island archipelago of Svalbard, remember it as the week that the weather gods caused trouble. Temperatures were ridiculously warm -- and reached a maximum of nearly +8 degrees C in one location at a time when mean temperatures are normally -15 degrees C. It rained in record amounts.

Just a 0.2 percent chance of happening

Co-author Ketil Isaksen, a climatologist from the Norwegian Meteorological Institute, said that such an extreme event has a 500-year return period, which means that the probability of it happening in any one year is just 0.2 percent.

At the same time, climatologists say that Svalbard has seen the greatest increase in temperatures of any place in Europe over the last three decades.

And while no one can attribute the event directly to global warming, virtually all climate studies show that the High Arctic, including Svalbard, will become increasingly warmer and wetter over time.

"We expect this to be more likely to happen," Isaksen said.

Until it crushes the roof----

That almost NEVER happens.

Most building codes, in the northern tier of states, require construction technics that can support the heaviest snow fall known. This is a common misunderstanding by even those who live in those states.

Every winter multiple fatalities occur when an old man falls off his roof, trying to remove the snow. (to a gun grabbing liberal, this means we must outlaw snow shovels:lmao:).

I caught my 90 year old father in-law doing it.

The fucking moron thinks this is because of climate change.... Man Caused Climate Change... PROVE IT!
Everyone knows God controls the climate with his magic wand.

Most building codes, in the northern tier of states, require construction technics that can support the heaviest snow fall known. This is a common misunderstanding by even those who live in those states.

Every winter multiple fatalities occur when an old man falls off his roof, trying to remove the snow. (to a gun grabbing liberal, this means we must outlaw snow shovels:lmao:).

Really?

Roofs Collapse as Buffalo Clobbered by More Snow - ABC News

Roofs began to creak and collapse and homeowners struggled to clear waist-high drifts atop their houses Thursday as another storm brought the Buffalo area's three-day snowfall total to an epic 7 feet or more.

Gov. Andrew Cuomo begged drivers "pretty, pretty please" to stay off slippery, car-clogged roads in western New York while crews tried to dig out. Some areas got close to 3 feet of new snow by Thursday afternoon.

Things could quickly get worse: Rain and temperatures as high as 60 were forecast over the weekend, raising the specter of flooding and an even heavier load on roofs, where the snow could absorb the downpours like a blanket.

More than 50 people were evacuated from several mobile home parks in suburban Cheektowaga and West Seneca because roofs were buckling. Bellevue Fire Department Lt. Timothy Roma said more than a dozen buildings and carports collapsed, as did a metal warehouse operated by a Christmas decorations company, where damage was estimated in the millions.

Really?

Roofs Collapse as Buffalo Clobbered by More Snow - ABC News

Roofs began to creak and collapse and homeowners struggled to clear waist-high drifts atop their houses Thursday as another storm brought the Buffalo area's three-day snowfall total to an epic 7 feet or more.

Gov. Andrew Cuomo begged drivers "pretty, pretty please" to stay off slippery, car-clogged roads in western New York while crews tried to dig out. Some areas got close to 3 feet of new snow by Thursday afternoon.

Things could quickly get worse: Rain and temperatures as high as 60 were forecast over the weekend, raising the specter of flooding and an even heavier load on roofs, where the snow could absorb the downpours like a blanket.

More than 50 people were evacuated from several mobile home parks in suburban Cheektowaga and West Seneca because roofs were buckling. Bellevue Fire Department Lt. Timothy Roma said more than a dozen buildings and carports collapsed, as did a metal warehouse operated by a Christmas decorations company, where damage was estimated in the millions.

Oh brother...I did use the word "almost." Do you understand its meaning?

Forum List

Back