Weirdest pro-life statement ever...

insein

Apr 10, 2004
Philadelphia, Amazing huh...
I don't even know what to say. :wtf:

Controversial 'Nude Britney Spears Giving Birth' Sculptor Daniel Edwards Featured on Entertainment Podcast
Friday March 24, 4:38 pm ET

TORRANCE, Calif., March 24 /PRNewswire/ -- Sculptor Daniel Edwards, who this week announced a controversial sculpture dedication 'Nude Britney Spears Giving Birth' at Capla Kesting Fine Art in Brooklyn's Williamsburg gallery district, is one of many entertainment guests who have been interviewed on the Christopher Simmons Entertainment Podcast. Simmons is an award-winning journalist, musician, digital artist, and a member of PRSA and ASCAP.

The clay sculpture features a nude Britney Spears on a bearskin rug while giving birth to her firstborn because, according to Edwards, pop-star Britney Spears is the "ideal model for Pro-Life." His latest sculpture is the subject of a dedication at Capla Kesting Fine Art in what is proclaimed the first Pro-Life monument to birth, in April. The dedication includes materials provided by Manhattan Right to Life Committee. "Monument to Pro-Life" is on view April 7th thru 23rd with a reception for the dedication April 7th from 6:00 - 9:00pm at Capla Kesting Fine Art, 121 Roebling St., Brooklyn, NY

Edwards is a classically trained sculptor from New York's Graduate School of the Figurative Arts. His notable public sculpture work includes The Martin Luther King and Robert Kennedy Memorial in Indianapolis, of which groundbreaking ceremonies were performed by President Clinton. He also has works in the permanent collections of the National Art Museum of Sport in Indianapolis, the Las Vegas art museum, and the Indiana statehouse. Edwards' prior gallery show (September 2005) was called "The Ted Williams Memorial Display with Death Mask, from The Ben Affleck 2004 World Series Collection."

Christopher Laird Simmons is a veteran journalist and contributor to numerous entertainment and technology publications, an award-winning photographer and digital artist, a musician who has composed soundtracks for two TV cable shows, and a highly regarded marketing technologist who has been interviewed by TrendWatch, PCworld, Entrepreneur, and many other national publications and talk shows.

Simmons is also the author of the forthcoming Podcasting business and marketing book, "The Savvy Guide to Podcasting" (Indy-Tech Publishing, Nov. 2006) which covers the practical how-to aspects of developing content; mechanics of recording, mastering and Web optimization; advertising and marketing; and audience measurement.

brit.jpg

Jimmyeatworld said:
This may shock some people, but... I've never given birth. Is that a common position for childbirth?

No, but an ideal position for conception! :D

MissileMan said:
No, but an ideal position for conception! :D

I can think of a few interesting scultures for that. Not sure if I think Britney is the perfect model. Might want to go with Jennifer Aniston on that one.

I have no idea what this artist was trying to say. And I have never heard of anyone giving birth in that position. Looks like more of a sexual position. Maybe he wishes he was the one who got her pregnant?

Forum List

Back