Weirdest Movie You've Ever Seen

Bonnie said:
Blue Velvet was an excellent movie!!

I would have to say two of the weirdest movies I have seen are "Clockwork Orange" which was disturbing on many levels and "Boxing Helena".

Good pick Bonnie! I couldn't watch Boxing Helena after hearing about the premise. And just last night during 24, I mentioned to my husband how it is hard to watch Julian Sands and not think about Helena.

Abbey Normal said:
Good pick Bonnie! I couldn't watch Boxing Helena after hearing about the premise. And just last night during 24, I mentioned to my husband how it is hard to watch Julian Sands and not think about Helena.

I had not known the premise for Helena so I watched and got pulled in the by the very weird story. By the time I realized what was actually going on I was too far in to not watch the whole movie.. :(

Bonnie said:
I had not known the premise for Helena so I watched and got pulled in the by the very weird story. By the time I realized what was actually going on I was too far in to not watch the whole movie.. :(

I would have done the same thing. You keep thinking, it has to get better! Something good has to happen! But it never does, and before you know it the credits are rolling. :crutch:

Abbey Normal said:
I would have done the same thing. You keep thinking, it has to get better! Something good has to happen! But it never does, and before you know it the credits are rolling. :crutch:

And you keep thinking there has to be more :wtf:

See I was under the impression the whole time that it was his fantasy or dream, it was quite a shock to realize it was neither.

I heart Huckabees, whats that all about?I had to turn it off after scratching my head over it for about 20 mins.Is it worth persevering with?I have it amongst my extensive collection of dvd's,I was thinking of using it as a coaster.

It thinks it's a lot smarter than it really is. If you're interested in philosophy, I guess it's worthwhile to watch it, but I would recommend another weird but good one: Waking Life.

Abbey Normal said:

That sounds kind of like Eye of the Beholder. That movie wasn't so much wierd as it was poorly made. I saw it in the theater and when the credits started to roll I just sat there with my hands in the air like, "What the hell? That's it?"

Would Twin Peaks count? Lynch did that tv. series - then the prequel in the theatres.

If you count Twin Peaks, I'm counting Six Feet Under.

But, yeah, I'd count Twin Peaks. It was pretty cinematic.

Boonedock Saints- Loved it

Hey, they're doing some midnight screenings of the unrated cut of that movie toward the end of this month. And in some unlikely cities, too, definitely worth checking out, I think. They're showing it in Augusta on the 22nd, I'll definitely be there.

I stumbled upon that movie by chance and I love it.I read somewhere that there is to be a sequel?Any news?

Go rent Overnight. Basically, the director, Troy Duffy, was poised to become the next Tarantino, but because he actually bought into his own hype and was a huge prima donna to everyone at the studios, he pissed everyone at the studio off, they dropped him and now he's basically a has-been. Or, a never-was, really.

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.

Saw this movie when i was 16 with a chick from work. Fooled around with her most of the time in the theater so that didnt help me following it. The movie itself was obviously trippy since it was all about doing drugs. Didnt really udnerstand the plot though. I know it was about some writer from the 70's i think? Timothy Leary? I don't know.

Dan, help me out here.

Hey, is your name Dan!? ;)

Yeah, Hunter Thompson. I did my thesis paper on Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, actually, which I think pissed off my professor, but screw it, it was a good paper and I got a B+ in the class.

Got to be the 1980 adaptation of Gunter Grass's novel - 'The Tin Drum.'

Weirdness abounds- the story of a boy born fully conscious and with an adult's awareness. When he reaches the age of 3, he decides never to grow up as a protest against the foolishness of his parents and the excesses of Nazi Germany.

Abbey Normal said:
So, what is the weirdest, strangest movie you've ever seen?

Did you like it?

For me it has to be Eraserhead, directed and written by David Lynch.

I really enjoyed his Blue Velvet, but Eraserhead was too freaky for me.

Have to agree with BATMAN, probably Vanilla Sky was the wierdest.

dmp said:
Tank Girl. Worst movie ever...close 2nd...Chasing Amy...
We're talking about weirdest movie, not worst. And I liked Tank Girl. :(

I have to say for weirdest, it was Asoka. But mostly because I'm not used to random music video-like intrusions every couple of minutes. But that's Bollywood for ya.

Tank Girl. Worst movie ever...close 2nd...Chasing Amy...

Tank Girl was bad. Kagom, I think D was just trying to get a rise out of me with the Chasing Amy. And it didn't work. :funnyface

Dan said:
Tank Girl was bad. Kagom, I think D was just trying to get a rise out of me with the Chasing Amy. And it didn't work. :funnyface
*shrugs* I liked Tank Girl. It was bizarre and I liked how they made the main character's annoying traits work (so it felt to me).

Movie that'll fuck with your mind and is weird: Memento.

Forum List

Back